I need some help with pistol skins.

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Azure The Heartless.3261

Azure The Heartless.3261

I recently put together an inverse-colored white tiger striped charr thief, and need a decent pistol skin for his offhand.

Due to being frequently dissatisfied with either the price or aesthetics of much of what I’ve seen in terms of basic – exotic pistols and skins, I determined that Leftpaw’s or Ebonmane’s revolver would be best suited, since one is color neutral and said charr carries the Komalie blade which would match a gold pistol, but those would require me to get 500 in huntsman and a ton of gold besides.

Before I go that route, anyone have some suggestions for a decent, color neutral (or gold/silver) pistol that actually looks like a pistol?

Resident Disgruntled, Coffee-drinking Charr.
Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

Posted by: Subutex.2416

Subutex.2416

The Calcite one is pretty normal, white and gold and I find it very beautiful. But unless you have an unopenend ascended bag or don’t mind crafting just for the skin, it’s a pain.
I have a white and gold Charr lion who carries the rifle version of that pistol.

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

http://dulfy.net/2013/05/20/gw2-pistol-skins-gallery/

The lion Guard pistol might be what you are looking for. But here is a gallery to find what exactly fits your needs. Good luck!

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”

(edited by pdavis.8031)

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

http://dulfy.net/2013/05/20/gw2-pistol-skins-gallery/

The lion Guard pistol might be what you are looking for. But here is a gallery to find what exactly fits your needs. Good luck!

Better off using the wardrobe function at a bank/crafting area, you can see all of them directly on the character you have created.

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I don’t know if any are on the TP right now (and a “ton” of gold would be needed if so) but I adore the Aetherized Pistol. It’s a long barreled revolver, silver in color, with a bit of steam coming out.

Beyond that do as others have suggested. Head to a bank or crafting station bank tab, click on wardrobe, click on one-hand weapons, scroll to pistols, and just preview them one after another. I tend to jot a list of good skins when I do that, for instance for coming specializations I’ve already selected a short list of desired skins for each alt so I can narrow it down when the time comes.

Posted by: Cyrill Faust.9340

Cyrill Faust.9340

I would just suck it up and lvl up crafting it’s not as expensive as it seems since you can sell what you make, and the ascended revolver skins imo are some of the best, or you can try doing teq everyday and hope you get a weapon box(sunless revolver FTW).

Proud member of [BANK] my bank guild and [BANK](2) my other bank guild