I need veloka vista bad

I need veloka vista bad

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: BBMouse.6510

BBMouse.6510

Hi,

I am relatively new to WvW and I think the gaming idea as a war game is not bad and rewarding too. The problem is I am into this 100% world completion and I am having trouble getting that single last vista for weeks.

My server (Boris Pass) is always green and We never get near that red tower in my up time. So I have to do WvW every time I play the game now instead of my usual dungeon exploring and story line. (I am the kind of person who do not want to start new things if things were left undone ^^! If it is totally impossible to do, I’d just let go.)

So I am kind of trapped now. Is there any other way to do it or brutal force is the only way? Thanks

I need veloka vista bad

Posted by: Awesome.6120

Awesome.6120

Your color depends on your ranking in the week’s matchup. You won’t always be green so just be patient and check back.

[SFD] – Maguuma

I need veloka vista bad

BBMouse.6510

Thanks for the feedback. I guess I just have to keep checking every week when it resets. Sounds like it’s gonna take a while ><

I need veloka vista bad

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

Make friends with the WvW community. Show up (as it sounds you do) every day and more importantly, stick around. Don’t expect things to change within a half hour or hour, although sometimes they do. WvW maps change constantly, particularly on EB where it’s most volatile. I can’t profess to know your server’s situation, but it’s been my experience at least that EB’s towers and keeps change ownership quite frequently. I got all of my pois and vista by doing a week’s worth of 8-10 hour days. Plus I got to help out my server too and learn WvW, so it was win-win-win.

The borderland maps are far harder to get map completion in my opinion .. I suspect the reason you haven`t gotten your EB map completion is because you haven`t stayed around long enough. Be patient, help out. It will flip.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

(edited by Jayne.9251)

I need veloka vista bad

BBMouse.6510

Thank you Jayne for reply. ^^

Yes EB change shape constantly. I usually just follow the zerg. I once heard if we were to take veloka tower, we might need to take the red keep. To take the red keep, we need the SM. So before I know it, we are taking every major points in the map and spread thin. We never own those places for long. Veloka tower is just too fortified to take even when we treb from red keep XD

Even after weekly resets, that tower is more fortified than the red keep right at day 1. In the past 2 weeks, we took red keep for at least 5 times during my up time, but never be able to take the tower. It’s like the red value the tower more than the keep and don’t want us to get that vista. XD

Our server ranking does not move at all for weeks. Almost always fight the same 2 other servers at the same location. It’s just flustrating. I am not really a PvPer, but somehow I had killed 300+ players (who probably just want our side of vista) in the past 2 weeks just for this vista. It’s terrible…

I like WvW gaming style strategically. There are places to improve that can make it even better. But I feel lost playing at it all the time and forgot I started as an advanturer just wanting to do some easy MF runs.

I do feel much better now shooting all these words out. Thank you and sorry for listening to my murmuring out loud :P I will keep checking back the map as suggested by Awesome for now.

I need veloka vista bad

Jayne.9251

Oh hon, it’s ok and I do understand map frustration ….. Odd that you’d have trouble with veloka … Particularly if you take the keep next to it. But I guess different servers have different priorities and fortify accordingly. Certainly having veloka sieged up gives them the opportunity to treb the keep, but you’d think they would want the keep more, particularly for all the beneficial upgrades you can get.

Heck, I think you can even place catas and hit veloka from the keep, it seems so close.

Must be frustrating. Hope your guys flip it soon.

(edited by Jayne.9251)

I need veloka vista bad

BBMouse.6510

Yep, last time we did setup a cata but was taken out by the treb from veloka. And the commander left the game after we took the keep. A bunch of our players are not very WvW hardcore so we depend on commander a lot. If he is gone, we are like sitting duck XD. It just does not happen during my up time when veloka is captured. That’s why I am so frustrated and hence asking for help. I kind of like to use forums. it’s a good place for ingame QA or relief XD. Thx Jayne, I am crossing my fingers and wait for server resets now (yeah it’s just Monday :P).

I need veloka vista bad

Posted by: supergica.8652

supergica.8652

If you have some spare cash to spend, you could sponsor a golem rush to veloka when you have the red keep. 5-7 golems should get the job done. Or you can use the golems to take the red keep first, then veloka.

Make sure you coordinate with a a commander that has at least 30 people in the zerg. It’s a bit risky and you must trust that commander/his guild that they will actually hit veloka and not screw you over, but it could be worth it. Also you would support the war effort greatly, those golems could wreak a lot of havoc with the right coordination.

Or you could go the easy way and switch servers now while it’s free and choose one that is in the third place in its tier. 3rd place always gets the red position.

I need veloka vista bad

Jayne.9251

She’d have to pay to come back tho … server transfers are no longer free as of today.

I need veloka vista bad

BBMouse.6510

Right, I am not considering server transfer. But golems are really a good idea. I need to play some more to get to know some commanders to do what you suggested. ^^ It does seem to have familiar commanders’ names from time to time.

I was looking at server rankings. Right now our server is at green. Does it mean if it keeps winning, it will become red to match with other higher ranks after a few resets? If so, keep winning seems to be a good idea too ^^ Easier to say than done I know. Just wondering~

I need veloka vista bad

supergica.8652

It depends, if you advance one position then yes, you will be red. But if your server is too good, then you might advance 2 positions and be blue. But from what i see, most likely you will be red on the next round. So waiting a few more days is probably your best bet at the moment.

You can find the server ratings here https://dviw3bl0enbyw.cloudfront.net/uploads/forum_attachment/file/40729/WvwRatingsNa-1-25-13.PNG. I’m sure someone with more knowledge regarding the scoring could give you a more definitive answer.

I need veloka vista bad

Jayne.9251

Ongoing matches can be monitored here:

http://mos.millenium.org/matchups#NA

I need veloka vista bad

BBMouse.6510

Oopsy, Janyne’s link actually shows the current and next matchups! It seems there is a bit gap of the rating score between our server and the one on top of us XD. We probably have to keep winning for months to advance. Oh Veloka~ Why are you Veloka? :P

I need veloka vista bad

supergica.8652

The WvW rankings are gonna reset completely after the next matchup. You may be in luck.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/wuvwuv/Coming-Soon-WvW-Rating-Reset

I need veloka vista bad

Jayne.9251

Not sure if you heard about the ratings/server resets but this could potentially bode well for you getting Veloka! I’m crossing my fingers for you … if you don’t know about it, hit the wvw forum and read the sticky red post at top.

Lol doh. I see Supergica already beat me to the news

I need veloka vista bad

BBMouse.6510

Thank you guys for this new link ^^