I stacked Sigil of bloodlust and corruption

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: harryexe.5617

harryexe.5617

Q:

It’s been a long time since I’ve played guild wars and just recently restarted. I noticed that there were 2 slots on rifle for sigils now and with excitement, I just tried stacking both sigils. It’s only afterward that i realise the connotations saying that that can’t be done. So is my sigil bloodlust gone now?

As of now, there isn’t Sigil of bloodlust as one of my rife upgrade. It seems like it’s overwritten. IS that really the case?

(edited by harryexe.5617)

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

A:

If you had a sigil of bloodlust and you put a sigil of corruption on top of it, the sigil of bloodlust is gone. It’s overwritten. If you want bloodlust back you will need to buy another.

You also can only have one type of stacking sigil active at a time. If you have 2 different ones on your weapons (such as one bloodlust and one corruption), either the same weapon or different ones, only one will stack. The other will remain inactive.

(edited by Astral Projections.7320)

Posted by: Ashandar.2570

Ashandar.2570

You can buy an upgrade extractor in gem store (rather expensive).
Another option is to use a BL salvage kit, but that destroys the rifle.

In due time, all will serve the asura.

Posted by: Neko Dudley.2495

Neko Dudley.2495

just put another sigil over the corruption if you want to keep bloodlust.

Gate of Madness [MAL] EB
Yarr! I be keeping me pirate runes, Matey. Yarr! You’re welcome. Yarr!

harryexe.5617

I have 1 unused Sigil slot now with the used having Sigil of Corruption. I didnt know what happened to the Sigil of Bloodlust when I put the Sigil of Corruption over it. I dont understand what you mean by putting another sigil over the corruption – if it’s a not an attribute stacking sigil, it will just use the unused slot and if is an attribute stacking sigil, wouldn’t the Sigil of Corruption just disappear the way Bloodlust did?

harryexe.5617

If you had a sigil of bloodlust and you put a sigil of corruption on top of it, the sigil of bloodlust is gone. It’s overwritten. If you want bloodlust back you will need to buy another.

You also can only have one type of stacking sigil active at a time. If you have 2 different ones on your weapons (such as one bloodlust and one corruption), either the same weapon or different ones, only one will stack. The other will remain inactive.

Omg that’s 10 gold gone just like that. Was that fact mentioned when I was stacking the Sigil of Corruption over. If so I guess I should read before clicking yes now… Thanks for clarifying anyway

Astral Projections.7320

Omg that’s 10 gold gone just like that. Was that fact mentioned when I was stacking the Sigil of Corruption over. If so I guess I should read before clicking yes now… Thanks for clarifying anyway

It’s possible to get one cheaper, but you will really need a black lion salvage kit.
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mystic_Battleaxe

harryexe.5617

It’s possible to get one cheaper, but you will really need a black lion salvage kit.

Thank you very much! You’ve been very helpful! Yup, I’ve saved 24 of those kits. Between the 2 Sigils for a heavy condition, bomb and grenade kit for an Engineer, which will you recommend?

P.S. I just checked the price on the market and the cost of the axe is comparable to the sigil =[

Posted by: Neko Dudley.2495

Neko Dudley.2495

I have 1 unused Sigil slot now with the used having Sigil of Corruption. I didnt know what happened to the Sigil of Bloodlust when I put the Sigil of Corruption over it. I dont understand what you mean by putting another sigil over the corruption – if it’s a not an attribute stacking sigil, it will just use the unused slot and if is an attribute stacking sigil, wouldn’t the Sigil of Corruption just disappear the way Bloodlust did?

sorry, I mis-read your post, and thought you had both sigils on your rifle.

Gate of Madness [MAL] EB
Yarr! I be keeping me pirate runes, Matey. Yarr! You’re welcome. Yarr!

Posted by: Cyrill Faust.9340

Cyrill Faust.9340

Thank you very much! You’ve been very helpful! Yup, I’ve saved 24 of those kits. Between the 2 Sigils for a heavy condition, bomb and grenade kit for an Engineer, which will you recommend?

P.S. I just checked the price on the market and the cost of the axe is comparable to the sigil =[

You make the Axe in the Mystic Forge then salvage it with a BLSK, last I checked the mats where about 3 gold + 50 Skill points. Also when you put a second sigil on a weapon you have to manually select the second slot otherwise it will just overwrite the first sigil.

Proud member of [BANK] my bank guild and [BANK](2) my other bank guild

Astral Projections.7320

You make the Axe in the Mystic Forge then salvage it with a BLSK, last I checked the mats where about 3 gold + 50 Skill points. Also when you put a second sigil on a weapon you have to manually select the second slot otherwise it will just overwrite the first sigil.

Sorry, yes but I meant to make and then salvage. (You were supposed to use your psychic powers and read my mind) ^^

If you have a level 80 you can go to Frostgorge, Malchor’s Leap and/or Cursed Shores to collect orichalcum and ancient wood to make the 5 axe blades and 5 hafts. You probably already have the 30 Mystic coins and then it’s just the skill points.

As to which sigil is better, I don’t main an engie but from what I’ve read power is better then condition damage. You might make a thread in the Engineer Forum to ask those people there. The answer probably depends on whether you are talking about PvE vs sPvP vs WvW.

(edited by Astral Projections.7320)

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

Can you have both Sigils of Bloodlust and Corruption stacking at the same time? I thought only one stacking Silgil was allowed at any one time. (in fact, there is note text at the bottom of each attribute stacking Sigil that says this).

I’m also not sure that if you COULD stack those 2 you would want to…..they are not highly compatible in terms of “builds”.

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

(edited by Brother Grimm.5176)