I want an official answer on this please! MF

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Deified.7520

Deified.7520

Every time I ask something this, no one seems to know for sure.

What does Magic Find affect? Does it affect what you when you open a chest(BL or MK) or other consumable item reward items (such as mat bags)? Does it affect what drops you get from all mobs, including bosses. Does it affect end dungeon and world chest (chest that appear at the end of dungeons such as the MK one. Also the chest you find in the world, such as ones at the end of puzzles).

If someone who knows for sure from a mod post or dev could answer, that would be awesome. People say “they’ve tested it”, but I would love to know officially.

Thank you!

Posted by: jukkou.5102

jukkou.5102

I don’t mean to hinder your pursuit for a proper answer but I think the reason you haven’t received an official one is because they don’t want to tell us. So many things in MMO’s have a guide for it, taking out the mystery and exploration of the game. I think magic find is one of those things that we just delve forward with our fingers crossed.

Personally I’ve only ever had good results with magic find with monster loot. I’ve never looted an exotic from a chest aside from the mad king’s puzzle one despite having loads of magic find. Rares are equally impossible for me to get personally as well from chests.

Posted by: Fildydarie.1496

Fildydarie.1496

/agree @jukkou

My experience also suggests chests are unaffected, and only loot from monster kills are influenced by MF.

-Fildydarie
Hutchmistress of the Fluffy Bunny Brigade [FBB]

Posted by: Vaulken.6983

Vaulken.6983

I’ve gotten a rare or two from chests, usually level 78. Never got an exotic from a chest bar Mad King Dungeon.

I max out magic find, I can never get enough of it!