I want to like this game but... [Class]

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Unhygienix.2834

Unhygienix.2834

I want to like this game I really do. But I cannot find a class I like! I have tried a bunch if classes and seem to not like them / delete them around level 10. I have managed to make it to level 41 on a necro but it seems clunky and is now flowing well with me.

I tend to play healing classes in MMOs and as this game has no trinity (which can be a good thing) I am trying to find a DPS class that flows. I hate to use WoW references because not all of you played WoW but I played every healing class, and the DPS classes I enjoyed where Death Knight and Warlock.

I thought necro would be right up there but so far I have been disappointed with the various builds I have tried. Any suggestions on which class to try next? I will try and stick with it past level 10 :/.

Posted by: Mysticjedi.6053

Mysticjedi.6053

Play a guardian. I also suggest going to the forum section on each profession reading through the guides or looking at videos on youtube.

Posted by: Beetlezombie.1283

Beetlezombie.1283

I kinda had the same problem. Tried all the different professions, and at a point I always started to not like it anymore.

Until now, I have an Engineer at level 60, and I’ve been playing it exclusive.

I like the fact that it is very diverse. The different kits you can use make it interesting all the time. And also so different. An Engineer is like a couple of professions packed in one.

If you read the forums here a bit there are a couple of very negative things about Engineers, and that they are not as good as other etc. That is probably true, but I think this is the trade-off you get for being so versatile.

Also, Engineer has some nice buff and support options with elixers and the elixer gun. And you can focus on healing as well.

/end of engineer-promo-talk :-)

Posted by: LHound.8964

LHound.8964

I want to like this game I really do. But I cannot find a class I like! I have tried a bunch if classes and seem to not like them / delete them around level 10. I have managed to make it to level 41 on a necro but it seems clunky and is now flowing well with me.

I tend to play healing classes in MMOs and as this game has no trinity (which can be a good thing) I am trying to find a DPS class that flows. I hate to use WoW references because not all of you played WoW but I played every healing class, and the DPS classes I enjoyed where Death Knight and Warlock.

I thought necro would be right up there but so far I have been disappointed with the various builds I have tried. Any suggestions on which class to try next? I will try and stick with it past level 10 :/.

Try the elementalist. It has a tremendous Versatility. They can have healing builds, and it was pretty fun to level up as far as i remember…

/cheers

—————— ~~ ~~ —-————-
Charr’s need more Love. All is Vain
—————— ~~ ~~ —-————-

Posted by: Kootje.9271

Kootje.9271

Or try a bunker ranger, it’s a great healer too. The great thing about this game is the versatility of most classes. Ofc some builds synergize way better, but still u can play any char the way u want within the set boundaries.

If u like the trinity healer then i think guardian would be the closest.

Proud member of Dutch-Finest Guild on Far Shiverpeaks.

If it ain’t dutch,… :P