I want to play GW2

I want to play GW2

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: andreneivarosa.6309

andreneivarosa.6309

Hey guys.

I wanna play GW2 but then i can´t sleep very well and get really lazy during the day.

How do you deal with that?

I want to play GW2

Posted by: nagr.1593

nagr.1593

Deep breaths, meditation /medication, and sleeping pills.

Also, don’t play past 10pm. Studies have shown that staring at bright led lights (in particular the color blue) before bedtime makes it harder for you to feel drowsy or fall asleep.

In an unrelated note, that’s one reason why kindle devices are all in black and white and don’t use led on their screens.

PS The brightness settings on kindle devices are also a tip of the hat to this universal recommendation, e.g. bright in brightly-lit areas, dim and toned down in dark or un-lit areas.

Arun Kar

(edited by nagr.1593)

I want to play GW2

Posted by: Oxidia.8103

Oxidia.8103

No. Just limit it. No gw2 before 6 pm and no past 10-11pm.

You probably just want to play gw2 really really bad that any other activity seems boring at that time during the day, same with sleep, you are too excited about it and want to play it instead of sleep. I had that 4 years ago when i started the game, and sometimes can’t sleep that well if i’m making a legendary.

Idunno it’s weird.

I want to play GW2

Posted by: lilypop.7819

lilypop.7819

Use a timer per sessions.
Reduce the timer till problem reduces.
Avoid playing last thing at night.
Play short sessions with off-screen breaks inbetween*.

The problems are usually the worst the younger you are.

*A chapter of a book, try the Warhammer series they are very good – or even the three GW2 ones which explain quite a bit about the game lore (certainly makes some story lines more understandable and enjoyable).

I want to play GW2

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Hey guys.

I wanna play GW2 but then i can´t sleep very well and get really lazy during the day.

How do you deal with that?

Sleep all day and play all night?

Works for me.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

I want to play GW2

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

Idunno it’s weird.

It’s not that weird, video games need to be addictive and habit forming or they aren’t going to retain customers. Developers spend a lot of time thinking about how to get people addicted to their games, and you can easily find articles about that by developers from companies like Blizzard online.

It’s not necessarily nefarious like how slot machine comes spend millions researching how to make their games more addictive, but you’re not going to have a very good MMO if you don’t constantly draw customers back into it. Daily log-in rewards are one of the most obvious ways Anet does it, “you don’t even have to put in effort, just think about us.”

Acknowledging that videos are specifically designed to be addictive is the easy way to control it. No one walks down the street and accidentally gets addicted to heroin.

I want to play GW2

Posted by: Mokk.2397

Mokk.2397

I was having sleeping issues unrelated to gaming but my doctor did mention that video games can cause sleeplessness and said that taking a hour after gaming to read or just relaxing will help.
Photosensitive Seizures:
If your start experiencing headaches ,dizziness ,blurred or altered vision ,nausea , lightheadedness ,jerking ,shaking ,twitching ,disorientation or convulsion you should discontinue playing immediately and consult your doctor.

I want to play GW2

Posted by: Canach.5860

Canach.5860

I work from home, so it’s easy to slip right into the game and addict-up. I make myself get up after my work day and give my pool table some love. My times for GW2 is after supper on weeknights (stop by 10), then quite a bit on the weekends.

For me, it also helps not to chase dallies and to step out of storyline strings from time to time…

I want to play GW2

Posted by: Dawnbreaker.6215

Dawnbreaker.6215

Deep breaths, meditation /medication, and sleeping pills.

Also, don’t play past 10pm. Studies have shown that staring at bright led lights (in particular the color blue) before bedtime makes it harder for you to feel drowsy or fall asleep.

In an unrelated note, that’s one reason why kindle devices are all in black and white and don’t use led on their screens.

PS The brightness settings on kindle devices are also a tip of the hat to this universal recommendation, e.g. bright in brightly-lit areas, dim and toned down in dark or un-lit areas.

Sleeping pills are not good advice. They’re not meant to be used extensively, only occasionally.

Otherwise, everything you said here is true. Quit playing GW2 at least an hour before you go to sleep. In order for you to fall asleep your brain needs to produce certain chemicals, and it can only do it while your eyes are rested, which means you shouldn’t be watching any kind of screen before sleeping.

I know this sounds like it’s coming from your grand dad, but GW2 is a hobby, not a job. It should never be a priority in your life, at least if you want to keep it healthy. If it’s messing you up that much, you might be overdoing it.

I want to play GW2

Posted by: Sagramor.7395

Sagramor.7395

A few simple things:
Stop playing a while before you need to get to sleep (1hr+).
Reduce the blue light (especially after sunset) with a program like f.lux.
Take off-screen breaks.