Ice Elementals

Ice Elementals

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: notebene.3190

notebene.3190

I’m killing Ice Elementals in the Reactor in Metrica, and they aren’t dropping the Element of Water.

What is interesting is the Ice Elemental wiki page doesn’t indicate the reactor is some place an Ice Elemental would be (only in some jumping puzzle).

So…why don’t these count? And…why don’t they exist (even though they do)?

And, at the bottom of the wiki, it says “Elementalists can summon these creatures using the Glyph of Elementals skill”, so can’t I just summon them and then auto-loot the item I need when they die?

Ice Elementals

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Because the Devs have placed the loot item only in certain places, or from certain kinds of Ice Elementals? Maybe only in places Ice Elementals would be normally found, rather than being spawned by something out of their natural element?

Ice Elementals

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

I got mine from the ice elementals in SE Gendarran. There’s maybe a couple dozen there to kill.

Ice Elementals

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/The_Grekvelnn_Burrows
was the best place in my opinion.

Fire: Flame Legion heartlands, they’re all over the place, and they’re called Embers
Air: Dwayna’s Temple, hundreds of Sparks.
Earth: Dierdre’s Steps jumping puzzle, right at the start so you do’n’t have to do any jumping

Ice Elementals

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

It’s a random drop. I had to kill over 40 ice elementals, 15 in the final location I tried. My friend only had to kill one. So I don’t think we can say with certainty that the ones near the reactor in Metrica don’t count.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”