If I buy Commander Tag for 100G

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: DreamyAbaddon.3265

DreamyAbaddon.3265

If I buy Commander Tag for 100G…
Will I be able to change the Color of my Tag anytime I want when the Patch hits?

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Yes. Based on our feedback, ANet is scrapping the original proposal of “300g for extra colours” and giving all Commanders, even old ones, free access to the 4 colours.

I bought my Commander tag last night.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

You and 20,000 others. :-/

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

It seems that the mass sales to people rushing to get it cheap right now (even if they may never use it for anything) is a better gold sink than selling individual colors for 300g might have ever amounted to.

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

(edited by StinVec.3621)

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Aye. I’m pretty certain that this change was at least partially driven by the goal to sink a large amount of gold from the game.

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

Probably.

I’ve been thinking about getting one for a while, but hesitating because I’d only use it occasionally. If the new system of 300g per colour had gone through I’d probably never buy one.

Now I’m seriously considering dipping into my precursor savings to get one before the patch.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Aye. I’m pretty certain that this change was at least partially driven by the goal to sink a large amount of gold from the game.

I doubt that the number of people shelling out of a one-time purchase of 100g (or even 300g) is going to come anywhere close the amount of gold that’s siphoned off via the TP. Of course, such sinks are important for a variety of other reasons.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: bri.2359

bri.2359

I doubt that the number of people shelling out of a one-time purchase of 100g (or even 300g) is going to come anywhere close the amount of gold that’s siphoned off via the TP. Of course, such sinks are important for a variety of other reasons.

I agree, and most likely the reason ANET changed plans.
The amount it would sink for each colour was not worth the uproar it would cause ..

Lvl 80’s: Ranger; Guardian; Mesmer; Necromancer; Thief
Gandara Megaserver

Posted by: ozmaniandevil.6805

ozmaniandevil.6805

Yes. Based on our feedback, ANet is scrapping the original proposal of “300g for extra colours” and giving all Commanders, even old ones, free access to the 4 colours.

Do you have a link for the change? If this is true I might go ahead and get a tag, even though I probably won’t use it for a while.

Isle of Janthir – Knights of the Rose (KoR)

Posted by: Sweetblue Huntress.9856

Sweetblue Huntress.9856

Do you have a link for the change? If this is true I might go ahead and get a tag, even though I probably won’t use it for a while.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/big-changes-are-coming-to-the-commander-system/

Leta Lorelei – Luwythea – Too many more to name
Jade Quarry

Posted by: ozmaniandevil.6805

ozmaniandevil.6805

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/big-changes-are-coming-to-the-commander-system/

Thanks! Guess I’ll be blowing 100g tonight

Isle of Janthir – Knights of the Rose (KoR)