Inactive guildmembers, how can you spot them?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: meriadah.8670

meriadah.8670

I know I know, you spot inactive members by the amount of how much they are online. But currently it’s kinda difficult to do that in my guild. Let me explain.

We’re a guild with on paper 65 members. Of those members there are about 6 active through the week, but we also have people who come online once in a while and we do want to keep them involved in the guild.

Unfortunatly we also have a majority of people who never come online, or never represent the guild. This limits us, cause when we start recruiting, new members will get a wrong idea of how active we are. Also it’s kinda hard to actually do some activities with each other if we don’t know who we can build on.

So that’s why i ask this question: Can you spot guildmembers who have said farewell to the game and stopped playing? and if so, how can you spot them?

Thanks for the input, i really appreciate it!

Posted by: mercury ranique.2170

mercury ranique.2170

Use two special ranks. Lets say rank ‘monthly member’ and rank ‘absent member’. These ranks have the same rights and priveleges as the regular member rank.
All members are made a ‘monthly member’ at the first day of the month. As soon as they are online they are made a regular ‘member’ again.
When the month has passed, all members still ‘monthly member’ get the rank ‘absent member’ and an email. Again, if you see an ‘absent member’ online or when they reply to the email they are made a regular member again. Those that after yet another month are still ‘absent member’ have clearly be gone for 2 months and can be considered inactive.

Arise, ye farmers of all nations
Arise, opressed of Tyria!

Posted by: meriadah.8670

meriadah.8670

Good idea, that should help with the absence over time, thanks

Posted by: hitomi kanzaki.9270

hitomi kanzaki.9270

We recently had to implement a requirement that members be active in order to stay under the guild cap of 500 players. The solution that we adopted was to use the achievement point leaderboards for all guild members. If you mouse over the achievement score, it will tell you the last time that a player earned any achievement points. Since it is so easy to earn an achievement point, ie. complete any part of a daily, we use it as a proxy for activity.

It is not the ideal solution, but the best that we could come up with with the pretty limited options on the guild panel.

Posted by: ShiningMassXAcc.4735

ShiningMassXAcc.4735

We recently had to implement a requirement that members be active in order to stay under the guild cap of 500 players. The solution that we adopted was to use the achievement point leaderboards for all guild members. If you mouse over the achievement score, it will tell you the last time that a player earned any achievement points. Since it is so easy to earn an achievement point, ie. complete any part of a daily, we use it as a proxy for activity.

It is not the ideal solution, but the best that we could come up with with the pretty limited options on the guild panel.

This is really good, thanks! I agree it’s too bad this can’t make it into the in-game UI in anyway.

Posted by: Yumiko Ishida.3769

Yumiko Ishida.3769

Also if it says unknown they been gone from a few updates by now.

Yumiko Emi Ishida 80 Ele, Hikari Kyoko Ishida 80 Guard TC-NA. Active RPer of NA megaserver.

Posted by: mercury ranique.2170

mercury ranique.2170

Also if it says unknown they been gone from a few updates by now.

I would advise against going by the ‘unknown’. I have seen people who had been online 1 hour earlier, without any patch, going to ‘unknown’. It is a very bad and faulty indicator.

Arise, ye farmers of all nations
Arise, opressed of Tyria!

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

In our guild we created some special rank.

Non-Representor are people that usually don’t represent the guild, but that we still want to keep in the guild. Real life friends or in-game friend that have a guild of their own or are on another server. This way we don’t kick or ask them to represent when someone see them.

Inactive : Are guildmates that didn’t came online for a long time, but that we don’t want to kick, because they are friends or use to be a big part of our guild (ex guild master or officer usually).

When people didn’t earn any achievement point in a long time, we either kick them or place them as Inactive if we know them.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

Posted by: Talenna.4052

Talenna.4052

I keep note of who attends our events. I go on the theory that if members want to be part of the guild, they will attend events.

If a member doesn’t attend a single event in 90 days, they are removed. Of course, should they become more active, they can rejoin us.

Posted by: roachsrealm.9284

roachsrealm.9284

we have a system in our guild that involves sending in-game emails asking if they are still around. we kick them from the guild with an open invite back if and when they return. so far this has worked out well for us. The only drawback is don’t do this all in one go or have several officers send out emails due to the spam cap.

Smitten Mittens (The Gothic Embrace [Goth], Fort Aspenwood)

Posted by: Odokuro.5049

Odokuro.5049

I really wish they would add a, Last Login (Full Date and Time.) and Map Location, something along those lines, because having inactives and people who just don’t login anymore, taking up guild slots, is unfair to those who could have those spots and be part of a guild.

The Self-Proclaimed Pervy Sage of Yaks Bend.
https://www.twitch.tv/amazinphelix