Infusing Will Rid The Skin Applied?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Dave.1534

Dave.1534

Q:

So I’m about to create ‘Quiver of swift flight’ for my self and would like to change its appearance to ‘Rox’s quiver set’.

If I do this, would I still be able to infuse it in the future whilst keeping the appearance of Rox’s quiver?

Useful links:

Posted by: mercury ranique.2170

mercury ranique.2170

A:

when tranmutating your take an element from item A (the skin) and an element from item B (the stats) and combine them to a new item.

The mystic forge uses a recipe. You add 4 items and your get one new item out of it. This new item has its own skin and stats (so is untransmutated).

The capacity to be used in a mystic forge recipe is embedded in the stats. So when you transmutate the stats of quiver of swift flight with the skin of Rox’s quiver set, you can still use it in the mystic forge recipe. The outcome will be the stats and skin of Quiver of swift light (infused), so you will have lost the skin.

tl;dr – Nretep is right, only transmutate and item if you have no plans in using it in mystic forge recipes in the future.

Arise, ye farmers of all nations
Arise, opressed of Tyria!

Posted by: Nretep.2564

Nretep.2564

Better infuse beforehand and then transmute the skin.

Posted by: Mad Rasputin.7809

Mad Rasputin.7809

Items received from the MF are a completely new item. Any skins you have applied to a component of a recipe (like the quiver) will be lost when upgrading via the MF.

You can probably use a transmutation splitter available through the gem store to split the item to its original components, then infuse it when you want. Then reapply the skin.

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

Whoa!!!! I’d be very careful with that suggestion as it has been reported on multiple posts on these forums that a Trans Splitters do NOT return skins (as they are NOT items).

Splittters will only return original ITEMS from the last transmutation process. All the reports I have seen of someone attempting what you are suggestion result in total LOSS of the skin.

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

(edited by Brother Grimm.5176)

Posted by: Falunel.7645

Falunel.7645

Whoa!!!! I’d be very careful with that suggestion as it has been reported on multiple posts on these forums that a Trans Splitters do NOT return skins (as they are NOT items).

Splittters will only return original ITEMS from the last transmutation process. All the reports I have seen of someone attempting what you are suggestion result in total LOSS of the skin.

From the patch notes: The Transmutation Splitter is now available in the Consumable category for 300 gems each, 5 for 1350 gems, or 25 for 6000 gems. Transmutation Splitters will return the two current source items from any transmuted item and will also return an applied upgrade separately. All items returned from splitting a transmutation are soulbound. *Items using a skin will return a base item with the original appearance. Another Transmutation Stone will be required to reapply the skin.*

What that means is that if you use a splitter on an item with a skin on it, you’ll get back the stat item and a separate, statless item with the skin applied to it. For example, if you used a splitter on a capacitor skinned with the Quaggan Backpack, you’ll get back:
-The capacitor
-A white, statless backpiece with the appearance of the Quaggan Backpack on it.
What this means is that you keep the Quaggan skin, but to put it back on the capacitor or any other backpiece, you need to use a transmutation stone/crystal.

Granted, I haven’t been to the bug forums, so it could be that the splitters are actually malfunctioning and not returning the statless skinned piece at all. But wanted to put this out here in case there was a misconception.

Falunel – Sylvari Elementalist | Falche Graysong – Human Mesmer | Tarnished Coast
Ember Solace [SOL] – A guild welcoming of newbies and those at the margins.
New Player Outreach Thread

Brother Grimm.5176

Just reporting what I have seen posted. Have not tried this and while your analysis of what is in the patch notes does not seem unreasonable, “Items using a skin will return a base item with the original appearance.” is not worded to give me confidence that the skin is still present, tho the following sentence does imply that. I’m curious as to why they used the term “original appearance”, rather than “applied skin appearance”.

I get you are saying, “The patch notes say splitters work this way”, but that is NOT what is being reported by multiple players. They could certainly be anomaly type bugs, “user error” or all Splitters malfunctioning in this manner, but I would be careful telling others it works this way unless you have actually tried it and it worked for you.

Posted by: mercury ranique.2170

mercury ranique.2170

Just reporting what I have seen posted. Have not tried this and while your analysis of what is in the patch notes does not seem unreasonable, “Items using a skin will return a base item with the original appearance.” is not worded to give me confidence that the skin is still present, tho the following sentence does imply that. I’m curious as to why they used the term “original appearance”, rather than “applied skin appearance”.

I get you are saying, “The patch notes say splitters work this way”, but that is NOT what is being reported by multiple players. They could certainly be anomaly type bugs, “user error” or all Splitters malfunctioning in this manner, but I would be careful telling others it works this way unless you have actually tried it and it worked for you.

The problem is that there are also reports that it is working as they where saying. This is a good example (pause the vid where I let it start in the link)
http://youtu.be/7wnP-AbP7Qw?t=2m7s

The main issue is that the people reporting it where redirected to support and nobody (afaik) has come back to tell what the reply was. So it might be misunderstanding of the system instead of not really doing what it should do.

Arise, ye farmers of all nations
Arise, opressed of Tyria!

Brother Grimm.5176

Don’t disagree with any of that (I thought the same myself when I first read the reports).

Thanks for the video as the simple fact that the splitter SHOWS you what you will be getting before actually using it pretty much makes this a non-issue in my mind (tho there still could be some possible bug when the split happens). I’m now guessing the reports are most likely mistakes by the user (put the wrong item in the splitter, lost the skin item after the split in their inventory clutter, etc.).

I just wanted to make people aware that there WERE reports of issues using the Splitters and skinned items out there. I mistakenly understood the correct functionality of the item in terms of skins, but understand it fully now (thanks to that video…..kudos!).