Infusions

Infusions

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Nimrud.5642

Nimrud.5642

Hello,

so I started messing around with these new infusions. And what I noticed was that if I added this new ‘attuned’ infusion slot to my previously infused offensive ring I got what I expected:

1. the basic offensive slot
2. one extra slot from the previous infusion
3. one extra slot from this attuned infusion

But when I tried to do the same thing with my defensive ring the original extra infusion was replaced with the attuned. Any1 else had this? Is this a glitch or is this meant to be this way? Or should I write a ticket? Buying an other 500 relic token just to ‘try and see’ if I can re-infuse it or will they replace eachother again is not something I’d like to do…

Screen added.

Attachments:

enthusiastic noob

(edited by Nimrud.5642)

Infusions

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Any time you put something in the Mystic Forge, it is destroyed. When you “attune” or “infuse” you are mechanically creating a new item, without any upgrades.

Accordingly, use the new salvage kit to remove existing infusions before placing rings and such in the forge.

Customer Service has been known to help folks out who didn’t realize the above and lost one or more upgrades. I believe they do this as one-time favor, so decide if you want this to be that “one time” (and FYI: the first interaction or three will probably be a “sorry, we can’t help” response — keep asking nicely for someone who is familiar with the situation).

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Infusions

Posted by: Nimrud.5642

Nimrud.5642

All is well now, it was only the tooltip. When I actually tried to put in an infusion, I saw all 3 slots. Tricky, huh?

enthusiastic noob