Ingame mailservice suppressed/value too high

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: ViciousVyne.2935

ViciousVyne.2935

I’m not sure whether this is the right forum to post it in, but it is an issue with the mailservice.

So a couple of weeks ago a good friend of mine bought the game.
I’ve been playing since launch so far, and I thought that I would help him out a bit, by sending him a bit of gold, that I did not need at that time.
Weeks have passed and now that he is level 80 with full exotics he has enough gold gathered to pay me back. But here is the problem :

Everytime he tries to send it to me, he get’s an error saying that it would exceed the value, his account can send. So we tried to send it in small portions, but he still gets that error, and sometimes even the mail gets completely suppressed, because of spam.
From the ~94g I send him he was only able to send 16g back. But we can’t figure out how this works. He gets the mail suppressed even when he did not mail me for a couple of days, and the value that he can send seems to shift around, since one day he could send 2g in one mail, and the other day not even 1 copper.

Does anyone know how all of this works ? Because we can’t seem to find a pattern in it. I would like to have someone from Arenanet reply to this, and by that I don’t mean your standart copy-pasta:“We understand your frustration blablabla…” , because I know why this mechanic is in the game. I just want an answer about how I can get my gold back.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

I’m not sure whether this is the right forum to post it in, but it is an issue with the mailservice.

So a couple of weeks ago a good friend of mine bought the game.
I’ve been playing since launch so far, and I thought that I would help him out a bit, by sending him a bit of gold, that I did not need at that time.
Weeks have passed and now that he is level 80 with full exotics he has enough gold gathered to pay me back. But here is the problem :

Everytime he tries to send it to me, he get’s an error saying that it would exceed the value, his account can send. So we tried to send it in small portions, but he still gets that error, and sometimes even the mail gets completely suppressed, because of spam.
From the ~94g I send him he was only able to send 16g back. But we can’t figure out how this works. He gets the mail suppressed even when he did not mail me for a couple of days, and the value that he can send seems to shift around, since one day he could send 2g in one mail, and the other day not even 1 copper.

Does anyone know how all of this works ? Because we can’t seem to find a pattern in it. I would like to have someone from Arenanet reply to this, and by that I don’t mean your standart copy-pasta:“We understand your frustration blablabla…” , because I know why this mechanic is in the game. I just want an answer about how I can get my gold back.

I’ve never encounterd this myself but from other people’s post it seems you can’t send more than what you’ve earned/accumulated yourself. I don’t remember if that was by character or account.

If I was in that situation I would probably try transferring through the guild bank but that is not always an options for obvious reasons. Although I have no idea if there are any limits there either.

Posted by: ViciousVyne.2935

ViciousVyne.2935

Never thought about doing it over a guildbank.
Thanks for the reply, I will try it out

Edit: Not working aswell, he got the same error

(edited by ViciousVyne.2935)

Posted by: LithePanther.5027

LithePanther.5027

You can only send/deposit what you’ve accumulated yourself, as Khisanthe posted above. I also don’t know account or character-wise, but I assume character-wise as a way to hinder gold-sellers.

80 Guardian. 80 Warrior. 80 Thief. 80 Engineer. 80 Necromancer. 80 Ranger.