Initial World select

Initial World select

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: zach.5104

zach.5104

I just purchased the game to play with a friend and the initial world he is in is full… is it similar to a server? If I select something else for an initial world, will i be able to play with him? or no?

Initial World select

Posted by: Overlord Falcor.6014

Overlord Falcor.6014

The server he is on is full at that time. As far as I am tracking, status changes depending on how many people are logged on at that time so if you look at it during an off-peak hour you might see it not full.

Initial World select

Posted by: zach.5104

zach.5104

Ok, thanks for the reply!

Initial World select

Posted by: Overlord Falcor.6014

Overlord Falcor.6014

Not a problem! Like I said I may be wrong but I remember reading that somewhere.

Initial World select

Posted by: Markise.3640

Markise.3640

Transfers are still free though, so you can start a toon on a different server and wait for the server your friend is on not to be full. Then switch over so u dont have to wait for the server to lessen up so you can start playing Just check every hr or so until its open. You should still be able to join it when it says “high” Hope this helps.

Initial World select

Posted by: Gilosean.3805

Gilosean.3805

FYI, ANet says that highest concurrency is around 12 Noon PST on Sundays. So maybe try timing it for early afternoon Weds PST?

There are some things you can do cross server/world – dungeons, I think. Not sure what else until the guesting gets implemented.