Insta-Death? What's the Deal?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: MajorRocker.8143

MajorRocker.8143

So I have a question regarding death. On many occasions, I’ve fought an Elite/Champion mob and will just fall over dead/defeated. Sometimes I run away, sometimes the mob itself will be dead. Even if I’m +80% health and there are no debuffs, I’ll simply fall over dead maybe 10 seconds after the fact. The combat log doesn’t show any damage taken which would account for losing 16k-19k HP’s.

So what’s the deal? How can I have +/- 18k HP’s and just fall over dead?

Posted by: Sisho.5431

Sisho.5431

Are you a warrior? Might it be your number 3 downed skill doing it?

Level 80 Elementalist/Warrior/Ranger/Mesmer
Leader and founder of [BIO] on Sea of Sorrows

MajorRocker.8143

I am a warrior. What is this evil skill you speak of?

Posted by: Echo.7634

Echo.7634

warrior downed #3 is not a rez.
Read the tooltip.

MajorRocker.8143

Hmmm…I need to research. I use Vengeance all the time, though I don’t die every time I use it. Anyways, thanks for the info guy. You got me on the right path.

Posted by: Sisho.5431

Sisho.5431

It is a 50% chance or something like that to fully rez on killing an enemy, there is a trait in your last line that makes it 100%

Level 80 Elementalist/Warrior/Ranger/Mesmer
Leader and founder of [BIO] on Sea of Sorrows

MajorRocker.8143

Thanks guy. You’re smart and I’m a noob. Lets just keep this thread hush hush. I don’t want word getting out that I asked an easy question. Apparently I have an issue reading Tool Tips;)

Posted by: Nkuvu.2570

Nkuvu.2570

I had to look it up myself on the wiki. When I’m in a downed state I’m not really inclined to spend time perusing tool tips, I just mash buttons trying to get up again.

A little bitter about this skill, too, as it caused my warrior’s first death at level 35 or so.

Posted by: Bluestone.7106

Bluestone.7106

Lol, the first time I used vengeance I was not deceived, I knew there would be a catch so I read the tooltip the next time and have now traited to the “100% chance to rally if I kill a foe” thing, it’s very handy.

Lol, how many times have people used it before they realise it’s not just a free rally?

My homeworld is Blackgate.
I am a GW2 player in New Zealand.
Check me out on the GW2 wiki.

Posted by: Nkuvu.2570

Nkuvu.2570

Well, in my case I thought I had rallied simply by stacking bleeds on one of the enemies I was fighting (and it died while I was downed). I didn’t associate the rally with the skill use due to the aforementioned frantic button mashing.

Posted by: Garrix.7036

Garrix.7036

its a great ability, the only issue I have with it is that in many places there are mobs that will rally you if you kill them, but don’t count with vengeance. so far I’ve found three or four, mostly in boss fights. makes for a nasty few seconds waiting to die while feeling sad about broken mechanics.

Posted by: Bluestone.7106

Bluestone.7106

Do you have the 100% vengeance rally trait Garrix? without that you only have a 50% (?) chance to rally when you kill something in vengeance.

My homeworld is Blackgate.
I am a GW2 player in New Zealand.
Check me out on the GW2 wiki.