Instant 80 scroll as a new player

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: shox.1586

shox.1586

Hello guys i hit 80 a few days ago(my first char) and i have a question please,what is better for a new player to do with the insta 80 scroll from HOT exp,should i use it on my main for the gear,bags(15 slots),trinkets) or should i spent all my “money” gearing him, and save the scroll for a second char?what is the cheapest way to start my journey?

info: my main is a warrior,and i don’t have any goods on him just a exotic weapon and helm.

and that is all i got atm :

65 gold
155k karma
375 WvW coins
and citadel of flames coins ( 1 piece worth)

thank you guys.

Posted by: royroiit.2687

royroiit.2687

I would advise you to save it for a different char.
Are you planning to get berserker gear? If you are on EU, perhaps we can help eachother out. If you are on EU, and you’re interested, send me an in-game mail (royroiit.2687)

Posted by: Silvatar.5379

Silvatar.5379

I would definitely keep it for a new character. You will want to try out other classes eventually so no point wasting it on a character that is already 80 AND has some exotic gear.

Just keep farming CoF p1 and p2 once a day (and p3 if you have the time) and you will have enough tokens for 4 more pieces in a couple weeks with very little effort or time and at no cost to you. If you want to speed it up, you can buy a couple pieces from the TP but I would make sure you keep enough money for the sigils and runes which can get expensive if you are buying meta options like scholar runes, etc.

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I would definitely save it. You’ve got more than enough of the different currencies for at least 1 full set of exotic equipment.

In case you’re not aware gear in GW2 is fairly standardised. Everything with the same rarity and level requirement is equally good and most stat combinations are available from a variety of places. Which means firstly that there’s no ‘gear treadmill’ at level 80 – you don’t need to craft gear to use while you do dungeons for gear to use in raids or whatever. And secondly it means you can mix and match equipment from different places.

You’ve got plenty of gold to buy a full set of exotic armour and weapons from the Trading Post if you want to. Alternatively if you don’t mind being unable to salvage them later you can use WvW badges to buy them from the vendors in your home borderlands, or karma to buy them from the temples in Orr.

Karma is a popular choice for your first set of exotics because it doesn’t have as many other uses as gold and most people find they have a lot of it by the time they reach level 80. (A full set costs 252,000.)

One thing you shouldn’t buy with any of those however is trinkets. Unless you’ve just recently upgraded from a free account you’ll have been accumulating laurels from the login rewards (if you have recently upgraded you will still get laurels, but you won’t have a stash built up). These can be used to buy ascended trinkets from laurel vendors, which are even better than exotics.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: BlooDyliCious.5824

BlooDyliCious.5824

You only get laurels from daily login rewards though. You can buy ascended trinkets with laurels, but I personally wouldn’t do that.

What you can do is search for a guild that does the weekly Guild Missions. Every completed mission gives you guild commendations. You can then trade 12 of these + 5 gold for an ascended trinket. Not quite sure how many commendations you can get per week, but it’s something around 10-12. It’s quicker and cheaper then using laurels, but does require a guild that does these missions. Or you use both.

Also, don’t forget the asc trinkets are unique. This means you cannot wear 2 of the same at once. However, there are always 2 different trinkets with the same stat combination and you can wear those together.

For bags, you could buy those in WvW for badges of honor. 75 badges + some gold for an 18 slot, and 350 badges and more gold for a 20 slot bag. Just make sure you pick the bag that holds all items. You won’t notice the difference between 18 or 20 slot bags.

If you are looking for exotic gear with Berserker stats, you can also run all paths from CoE (Crucible of Eternity). All paths are pretty much the same length and difficulty and people often do all paths at once, means over 240 tokens at once. The chests can also contain charged cores/lodestones, which sell for quite a nice amount.

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

You only get laurels from daily login rewards though. You can buy ascended trinkets with laurels, but I personally wouldn’t do that.

I suppose it depends on what your playtime is like. I’m in 2 guilds that do guild missions on a weekly basis, but unless I actually plan ahead to make sure I’m online at the right time I rarely get to do them.

I’d have twice as many laurels as it needs before I’d have enough guild commendations.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Zephic.3075

Zephic.3075

Save your scroll for another character. Laurels are one way to gear, but I would only recommend doing that for an ascended amulet unless you have a ton of laurels sitting around. Rings can be gotten from fractals fairly easily and earrings/trinkets can come from doing enough guild missions.

For the rest of your gear, as everyone else has suggested either run dungeons or get karma for the vendors in Orr. Crafting is also an expensive option, but worth it, in my opinion, if you want an assured way of getting ascended equipment.