Inter-racial relationships

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Cross.6437

Cross.6437

I already understand that the races of Tyria cannot procreate together, but are there any examples of inter-racial relationships within the game (ex. A charr and a norn cohabitating). If so, could you direct me to one of the examples?

Posted by: Oglaf.1074

Oglaf.1074

That whole area is “iffy”.

In GW1 there were implications that Norns and Humans can, and will, have children.

I can do thirty Five-Dolyak Arm Curls.

Do you even lift, bro?

Posted by: PowerCat.5738

PowerCat.5738

I’m a male charr and my girlfriend ingame is an asura.

We have lovely babies

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

well an asura female chatted up my human female at a dance party the night before wintersday

Gunnar’s Hold

Posted by: Berkut.2837

Berkut.2837

Perhaps look at the Historia Fia quest in cursed shore, if you talk to Crusader Jasper while Fia is out, it suggests he might have some feelings for her (use the charm option).

Auri Nimayil: Lvl 80 Thief (Kaineng)

Posted by: SolarNova.1052

SolarNova.1052

Anet has to be very carefull what content they put into their game that even hints to said possibilities due to the countless prudes in existance that would go all up in arms about it being in a game that kid’s can and do play.
So if there is any exampels in the game, they are likely hidden or at the very least present in places that are not frequented by players.

3930k 4.6ghz | NH-D14 Cooler | P9x79 Pro MB | 16gb 1866mhz G.Skill | 128gb SSD + 2×500gb HDD
EVGA GTX 780 Classified w/ EK block | XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res/Pump | NexXxos Monsta 240 Rad
CM Storm Stryker case | Seasonic 1000W PSU | Asux Xonar D2X & Logitech Z5500 Sound system |

Cross.6437

I’m sorry. I didn’t realize this was such a sensitive issue.
The idea of a battle-hardened Charr and a youthful, naive Sylvari as a couple just seemed sweet to me somehow.

Posted by: Oglaf.1074

Oglaf.1074

It is hardly a sensitive issue. One of the main characters in the story is a lesbian vegetable for crying out loud. When I said “iffy” I meant that the lore is somewhat contradictory.

I can do thirty Five-Dolyak Arm Curls.

Do you even lift, bro?

Posted by: Pinder.5261

Pinder.5261

@Oglaf: I think he was referring to SolarNova’s comment.

The idea of a battle-hardened Charr and a youthful, naive Sylvari as a couple just seemed sweet to me somehow.

The idea of a naive Sylvari and battle-hardened anything doesn’t make sense to me as a romantic interest. I always come back to the conversation between the asura and sylvari guarding the gate in the Grove, where the sylvari keeps asking about the Golem’s mother. The sheer childishness of the race somehow barriers the idea of a feasible relationship with more roughened persons.

Posted by: Recycle.5493

Recycle.5493

@Oglaf: I think he was referring to SolarNova’s comment.

The idea of a naive Sylvari and battle-hardened anything doesn’t make sense to me as a romantic interest. I always come back to the conversation between the asura and sylvari guarding the gate in the Grove, where the sylvari keeps asking about the Golem’s mother. The sheer childishness of the race somehow barriers the idea of a feasible relationship with more roughened persons.

Maybe a protective person would find a weaker and naive someone worth protecting, somehow, and further develop a relationship with that someone. And the discussion between those two shows that Sylvari can effect how others think with their “naive” mind, at the end, the Asura did think the way how the Sylvari think, even just for a moment.

Cross.6437

Ok, let me try rephrasing that. A battle-scarred character. The contrast of naivety would provide a sense of healing for the rough character and give him/her an opportunity to see the world through a lens other than pain and violence.

Meanwhile, the more naive character comes to realize that the world isn’t all sunshine and roses; pain and violence are just as much a part of life as joy. Moreover, some things are worth fighting to protect.

Also, I don’t think that the childishness of the Sylvari race necessarily prevents them from connecting with rougher individuals, and not all Sylvari fall into the same mold of childishness. Caithe and Trahearne, for example, are more seasoned. And in Caithe’s case, she herself is a little more rough for wear in the wake of her fallout with Faolain.

Of course, both of those examples are from firstborn, the oldest of Sylvari, but it stands to reason that with the right experiences other Sylvari could grow into the same kind of maturity.