Intro PvP Workshop hosted by The Ebon Banner

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Sulecen.4937

Sulecen.4937

Hello all,

Are you a new member of the growing PvP community and feel a bit lost in the insanity that is a hot-join conquest? Are you someone who wants to be a more competent player so that you can feel confident entering Solo or Team Que in PvP? If so, then The Ebon Banner’s Introduction PvP Workshop on Saturday, April 26th at 2 PM EST, 7 PM GMT, on NA servers this is the place for you.

My name is Sulecen, leader of the guild The Ebon Banner, with two thousand tournament games under my belt. I want to help all those that are now entering PvP to find their feet and become the next generation of PvPers. This will be an introduction to the basic mechanics of PvP, such as individual map mechanics, basic tactics like rotations and roles, and a mock scrimmage to help teach these ideas. All classes are welcome, a PvP build is not vital, but suggested, and if there is time we can help people with builds. The workshop will be held in Ebon’s private PvP server, The Midnight Wars [Ebon]. Note there will be no progression (no advancement of rank or reward tracks) in the room, due to the nature of the event. Also this will be a safe place for anyone new to the sPvP game mode, and no smack talk or insults will be tolerated.

The workshop, at Saturday, April 26th at 2 PM EST, 7 PM GMT on NA servers, will have 10 slots if you want to be in the scrimmage, and 5 to 7 more for people who would like to listen and watch. If you would like to join, either join us in our PvP room The Midnight Wars [Ebon], or whisper me in game on my main Hadrian Zurn. We will also have a twenty-five person Teamspeak available for those who like to chat or listen as well.

If this turns out to be successful, and there is an interest for more in the community, I intend to run more of these, hopefully with class specific workshops, and onto more advanced tactics.

Hope to see you on Saturday!
~Sulecen

(edited by Sulecen.4937)

Sulecen.4937

Hey all, just wanted to bump this in case some have not seen it and to remind those who are coming it is this coming Saturday!

Posted by: CountzuCrytus.7256

CountzuCrytus.7256

That is a great idea, and a good way to teach people interested in spvp how to do it properly. I wont be attending but you have my +1.

Also would be cool if you streamed it for people to watch at a later time in case the time is not good for them.

Sulecen.4937

There is actually a plan to stream! I have to work out the details and figure out which of my guildies can do the actual streaming since my computer can’t handle it at the moment! Thanks for the support =D!

Posted by: viralthefrog.6130

viralthefrog.6130

I am still newer to PvP and really struggling.
I wish I could attend this, but it’s just not an option for me.
If you stream, will you also record and put up a video for those who will not be able to view the live stream?

Sulecen.4937

I’m hoping too yes, and if not this one, I intend on doing more of these and I’ll get those ones recorded.

Sulecen.4937

Hey guys, this is just a reminder that we’ll be doing a public workshop for those new to PvP starting in an hour! I will be opening up the room The Midnight Wars [Ebon] in a half hour for people coming in early. This will be a safe space for anyone who wants to learn. Also since we’ve gotten TONS of requests one of my guildies will be streaming the workshop at: twitch.tv/mrbadgai
We’ll try and get a recording of this as well, but that may have to happen next time.
If you need to find the room, or are having problems getting in contact me on my main Hadrian Zurn, and I’ll help you out! Alright I hope to see you guys in there!