Inventory Management

Inventory Management

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: kiwiburner.2186

kiwiburner.2186

Hi guys,

Back after basically no contact with the game since November (pity I missed the PvP stuff).

Just an observation, but despite having 3 bank guilds with fully unlocked stashes, 8 characters including a mule mostly replete with 20 slot bags, the biggest barrier to re-entry to the game for me now is inventory management.

I have SO many slots filled with crap that may/may not be useful now/in the future, and it seems the LS is only taking it further with the various journal collections I need to unlock achieves. I finally bit the bullet and started deleting stuff like PvP glory boosters (lol) but really… it is endless. Just trying to keep one bag empty to get through an LS chapter/a fractal is a constant nightmare.

What do people do about it? I remember how much worse things were before the account wallet, but it’s still pretty ridiculous…

“poopsock made it past the filters!” -stinkypants.8419

Inventory Management

Posted by: dekou.6012

dekou.6012

What do people do about it?

Suffer. I was particularly annoyed at the extra books. Not one book, no, that would be too easy. Let’s give ’em three! And a new non-wallet currency, too, just for fun!

I try to keep my boosters and other such items in the bank, but it’s gotten to the point where half of my inventory is permanently occupied by junk I barely ever use.

Inventory Management

Posted by: Soval.3206

Soval.3206

They want you to buy additional character slots for mules, inventory slots/bags, etc.

Inventory Management

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Most inventory management issues cannot be solved by buying additional character slots, bag slots, or bank tabs. Or at least, not that alone. Obviously, more room helps with managing inventory, but most people just use it to hoard even more stuff.

For the OP:

• If it’s a bag/container, open it, salvage everything. That’s not the most economically-efficient choice for later, but it’s a quick way to get some room.
  • If it’s a trophy marked as “needed only for a collection”, sell or delete.
  • If it’s not marked, post 5-6 such items in map chat and ask or prepend with /wiki and find out if there’s a use.

Save as little as possible for “just in case” — exotics are cheap relative to the cost of storing them for some potential future use. So salvage with mystic|master|BL kits, use them in the mystic forge, or sell on the TP.

Of the 1,000 things you are storing here or there, you might mistakenly sell 10 or 15. Of those, only 1-2 will be expensive/annoying to recover — that’s too little to spend too much time on the other 998.

tl;dr get rid of as much stuff as you can as quickly as possible to reduce your inventory. Then you can worry about managing it on an ongoing basis.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”