Is "Celebration Hat" strictly non-refundable?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Bradley.2684

Bradley.2684

Q:

Hello,

So lately I have been making a list of all style items either purchased through the Gem Store or earned through achievements since I had lost these style items in particular before the release of the Account Wardrobe. After I had contacted support, I was reimbursed with all items except for the Celebration Hat, as the support ticket had replied, “Thanks for contacting Guild Wars 2 support. I’m not able to send the Celebration Hat to you-”. I am not at all mad at support and would understand a reasonable explanation, but I still don’t know why.

I wouldn’t like to bother support with another ticket asking why so I would like to submit this here asking feedback from other players with maybe a different look on it or the same experience. I have regret for many items I lost (obtained from such other than the Gem Store/achievements), but I know I had this hat, and even have old screenshots of my first Ranger with the hat. And researching back to the wiki of this item, it was offered free on the Gem Store and alike the other items that were replaced, couldn’t they see that under the listing of things I have received from the Gem Store?

Anywho, that’s all. I don’t want to make this too long and whiney. I am happy that I was assisted with the return of all other lost items. I just couldn’t find any explanation through varying searches as to why this is something that can’t be returned. Thank you for reading, and thank you for your time.

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

A:

I think some items that are no longer available just can’t be replaced for some kind of technical reason. I had a similar situation with a pair of glasses I purchased when I first started playing and must of left on a character I deleted. Some months ago I asked support if they could help me out and they said something like because it no longer in the gem store their tools will not allow them replace it.

You can always update your ticket and ask for further explanation if you want. Just reply to their last response to you to update it.

The Burninator

(edited by JustTrogdor.7892)

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

If JustTrogdor is correct, then you might consider contacting support again the next time the item becomes available in the gem shop. Just about everything sold in the gem shop reappears eventually.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Though, the Celebration Hat may never reappear being a launch specialty item.

Of course, one never knows.

Posted by: Redfeather.6401

Redfeather.6401

Dang, I remember getting that hat. I have no idea what happened to it either.

Illconceived Was Na.9781

It’s not unlocked in the wardrobe?

Regardless of what the Tier 1 person told the OP, I’d still ask Support if they fix it. All you should have to do is show you have at least one character that was created between 25 August and 12 September, which is when the hat was given away for free.

Tier 1 might not have the tools to give you an item to unlock it, but one of the supervisors might have a trick or two that will. Worth 5-10 minutes to write a polite request and another 15-20 minutes of diplomatically assertive follow-up. Something to do while waiting for your stacks of ore to refine into ingots.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Go talk to the Black Lion agent on each character and check if one of them is wearing it.

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Go talk to the Black Lion agent on each character and check if one of them is wearing it.

Good idea. There are still people who haven’t done this on all their toons (sometimes because they stopped playing before the wardrobe arrived).

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

Good idea. There are still people who haven’t done this on all their toons (sometimes because they stopped playing before the wardrobe arrived).

Wait I can get things from black lion agent somehow if I had it before?

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

Wait I can get things from black lion agent somehow if I had it before?

Only if you still have it on a character and it is considered town clothes. This applied when they made the changes to town clothes and such as part of the wardrobe system.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Town_clothing

Players can visit a Black Lion Trader (Armorsmith) in any major city to have their town clothes converted to items compatible with the new wardrobe.

The link above lists what are considered town clothes. If you deleted it or left it on a character you deleted it will not work.

The Burninator

(edited by JustTrogdor.7892)

Posted by: Kaiden Valor.7163

Kaiden Valor.7163

I recently noticed I was missing my Celebration Hat and asked support if they could help out, they provided me with a new one that I then added to my wardrobe.

I do still have my original character from way back then, not sure if he was wearing the hat in his town clothes or not though (I had completely forgotten we could go to the black lion trader to get stuff converted so I didn’t check that). Just wanted to reply to let you know it is possible for them to do this, so it’s worth asking them for clarification.