Is It Worth Creating a Guild?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Mimir.4690

Mimir.4690

Hey all!

Since GW1, I have always wanted to create my own guild, but I could either never really afford it, or I was just never passionate enough to do it. When I started playing GW2, however, I’ve wanted to make one. I am going to wait until I’m at level 80 – it’ll give me a better understanding of the game, the maps, the dungeons, etc. At least, I think so. I’m only at level 30 so I have quite a ways to go.

However, because people can join multiple Guilds and represent only one at a time, do you feel that creating Guilds is worth it?

Posted by: Bukk.9238

Bukk.9238

If you’re serious about wanting your own guild you’d be better off making it sooner than later. Otherwise, all the influence you would have gained on your way to 80 is going to benefit someone else and slow your own upgrades. It’s not a mountain of influence but it’s not nothing for a small guild either.

Posted by: ostracize.8316

ostracize.8316

If you want to create a guild, you should create it now even if you won’t recruit until you’re 80. The influence you get just from leveling is nice. You get 10 influence each day for each character you log in with ( up to 50 a day from just you). You also get influence for PvP and events while leveling.

You’ll hit 80 with a few minor upgrades already done.

Posted by: Kargion.6352

Kargion.6352

I have my own guild, its small but we have fun. On the other hand you could join a 500 man one if you want to just WvWvW and not really know anyone in it. Depends on what you want to do.

Posted by: DirtyDeeds.6075

DirtyDeeds.6075

Create it now and start your upgrades even if there is only you in the guild. It takes a bit of time but:

-increased storage
—if for no other reason than increased storage the creating your own guild is worth it.

-Buffs
—Well worth the extra buffs you can get/give out

Posted by: Swagman.9013

Swagman.9013

It costs 1 silver to do Andrea just go ahead and make it now, you can still join 2 other guilds if you get lonely.

Posted by: Calavera.1086

Calavera.1086

What server are you on?

If it is Tarnished Coast I’d love to be part of your guild. I’m guildless right now and I always wanted to be part of a guild from the start and see it growing.

Posted by: Mimir.4690

Mimir.4690

Thanks for all of the opinions so far! I didn’t even think about starting it early without opening it. I’ll think of a name before I get home so I can do that ASAP.

What server are you on?

If it is Tarnished Coast I’d love to be part of your guild. I’m guildless right now and I always wanted to be part of a guild from the start and see it growing.

Thanks for your interest, but unfortunately I’m in Anvil Rock. =/

Posted by: Fildydarie.1496

Fildydarie.1496

Everyone else has more or less already said what I would, so in the interest of adding something to the pile of advice:

Influence is the currency used to build guild upgrades. You need a lot to get high-end upgrades, but can get by with hundreds for lower tier features (50 influence for a consumable banner to give a 5% exp buff for 30 minutes).

How fast do you get it? Roughly 10/day for everybody that logs on, 2/DE completed, and I believe it is 5 for a PvP win. If you have multiple guild members complete the same DE, the reward per participant increases. Last night my wife and I (guildmates—we have a family guild) did WvW for ~3 hours and walked out with almost 400 influence. That was a fairly productive bout for us, but solo I am extremely lucky to get 100 in 3 hours.

So adding a few people can help a lot, if you play together. Even without, you can get the first few upgrades on your own, it just takes a little longer.

-Fildydarie
Hutchmistress of the Fluffy Bunny Brigade [FBB]

Posted by: desdisques.2473

desdisques.2473

i have a small guild with maybe ten active people. Mostly real life friends or friends of real life friends and then some people we have met online.

i’m so happy with it because it is perfect for doing dungeons together. love my small guild, definitely worth it!

Posted by: Belcross.6127

Belcross.6127

It’ll depend on what you want the guild for.

If its for WvWvW, it is worth your time making one.

If its for large scale PvE, atm there is no content to support the need for large PvE guilds.

If its for small scale PvE like dungeons, its good but just remember your guild should be small or you should have it organized so everyone gets in on runs if your going to recruit alot of PvE’ers.