Is Roleplaying done on GW2?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: tinymurder.5791

tinymurder.5791

I recently came back to the game after about a 8-9 month break. I used to see RPers down on the bottom level of the Grove and occasionally just outside Divinity’s Reach. Now, I haven’t seen anyone roleplaying anywhere. I know the whole megaserver thing messed things up for the roleplaying community, but I thought they were still around, but I can’t find them.

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

There is a lfg sub section for rpers. Mostly they stick to various RP specific Guilds afaik. I see a few every now and again out in the open world, usually in lower level maps.

tinymurder.5791

There is a lfg sub section for rpers. Mostly they stick to various RP specific Guilds afaik. I see a few every now and again out in the open world, usually in lower level maps.

Yeah, I saw the LFG thing, but haven’t seen anybody advertising on it yet. I’m a little kittenicken about making my own add, but I’m gonna give it a go, I think.

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Roleplaying got totally wrecked with the removal of servers and Anets complete refusal to either fix instance hopping or leave cities on the old system.

Dont think they ever recovered from that. Was pretty sad to watch the decay as I had joined the unoffial EU RP server on launch.

tinymurder.5791

what the heck? Really Anet, you felt the need to censor the letters ch? I wrote c h i c k e n, and it came out kittenicken. I will never understand their censor algorithm.

Posted by: rapthorne.7345

rapthorne.7345

The RP community is very active on their unofficial server (Piken Square EU, Tarnished Coast NA). I suggest checking out this website: http://www.guildwars2roleplayers.com/

Resident smug Englishman on the NA servers, just because.

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Check out Rata Sum; I often see it happening there.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

I often “hear it” from the royal terrace in Divinity’s Reach.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes