Is Super Adventure Box for here to stay?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Yoroiookami.3485

Yoroiookami.3485

Or will they remove it in a week or two?

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

It goes away April 19th and will be an annual festival.

Posted by: Yoroiookami.3485

Yoroiookami.3485

Thank you. I guess there’s no reason to rush with things.

Posted by: black sun empress.7401

black sun empress.7401

rush it all u can, theres no guarantee it wont be broken next year…

Posted by: Felahr.9830

Felahr.9830

why would it be broken?

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

why would it be broken?

New systems get implemented or old ones get reworked, the same reason its been gone for two years previously

Posted by: Ophidia Moonstone.2587

Ophidia Moonstone.2587

why would it be broken?

New systems get implemented or old ones get reworked, the same reason its been gone for two years previously

Considering how well loved it is (I don’t get that, but hey, not all of us enjoy the same thing) you’d think that they’d make sure that it worked with whatever coding that they do, in other words, have someone test it with any new systems.

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

why would it be broken?

Considering how well loved it is (I don’t get that, but hey, not all of us enjoy the same thing) you’d think that they’d make sure that it worked with whatever coding that they do, in other words, have someone test it with any new systems.

And thats what they will do before implementing it april each year from now on.

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

It wasn’t gone for 2 years because it was ‘broken’ and Anet was unable or unwilling to fix it.

They deliberately removed it from the game, the same way they remove Wintersday and Halloween content each year and decided not to bring it back (at the time they said it didn’t fit into the story and they wanted to focus on the story over random extras).

Now they have decided to bring it back and said it will be a reoccurring festival (which they never said before, it was originally going to be a one-off joke) there’s no reason to think it won’t come back each year.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Ophidia Moonstone.2587

Ophidia Moonstone.2587

It wasn’t gone for 2 years because it was ‘broken’ and Anet was unable or unwilling to fix it.

They deliberately removed it from the game, the same way they remove Wintersday and Halloween content each year and decided not to bring it back (at the time they said it didn’t fit into the story and they wanted to focus on the story over random extras).

Now they have decided to bring it back and said it will be a reoccurring festival (which they never said before, it was originally going to be a one-off joke) there’s no reason to think it won’t come back each year.

I haven’t even played this game for a year yet, I had no idea that they removed the holiday festivals for that reason. I hope they don’t do that with Halloween ever again. That is the best festival I have seen from them, I would be seriously bummed if they didn’t do it every year

Posted by: Dean Calaway.9718

Dean Calaway.9718

They deliberately removed it from the game, the same way they remove Wintersday and Halloween content each year (…)

I haven’t even played this game for a year yet, I had no idea that they removed the holiday festivals for that reason. I hope they don’t do that with Halloween ever again. That is the best festival I have seen from them, I would be seriously bummed if they didn’t do it every year

They didn’t remove Wintersday or Halloween, maybe parts of it, but not the festivals entirely.
Wintersday for example, on the first year you had the ship stopping at all the major cities, the following 2 it only goes to Divinity’s Reach.
Does it suck? Yes, it’s basically a little reash of the first year, same with Halloween, the Mad King story has been on repeat.

I hope they forget about expansions and focus more one Living Story and Festivals, the LS was getting really good when it stopped over HoT and the festivals have been completely neglected, the 2 things that made GW2 special and worth playing IMO.

Victoria Cross [VC] – Desolation [EU]