Is it a bad dps?

Is it a bad dps?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: adormtil.1605

adormtil.1605

So my warrior can hit around 1000 with normal attack on greatsword and with final strike and critical I can can reach 11k with the final strike of a hundred blade is it a bad dps? Oh but this is only pve not pvp and WvW(do not play those). And tested on well Risens in Arah and without buffing.

(edited by adormtil.1605)

Is it a bad dps?

Posted by: oxtred.7658

oxtred.7658

11k is a bit low, yeah. What’s your spec/ger?

If you’re on EU and need help to get into dungeons, pm me.

Is it a bad dps?

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

In full exotics, on my warrior, with green trinkets, I am able to hit 21-30k on 100b and 3-5k on each auto attack without being fully buffed. (30k 100b is usually near full buffed)

Is it a bad dps?

Posted by: nagr.1593

nagr.1593

with most ascended pieces 30k is normal, fully buffed can usually hit 40-50k on Alpha (CoE boss). The GS auto hits should be slightly higher than axe at around 2-6k damage (6k is fully buffed).

Arun Kar

(edited by nagr.1593)

Is it a bad dps?

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

with most ascended pieces 30k is normal, fully buffed can usually hit 40-50k on Alpha (CoE boss). The GS auto hits should be slightly higher than axe at around 2-6k damage (6k is fully buffed).

I think OP talks about selfbuffed when you for example kill a solo mob, and those numbers are not normal in that scenario. Its more like 12-15k with 100b maybe
and axe auto-attack is around 1,7 -2k

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Is it a bad dps?

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

I think OP talks about selfbuffed when you for example kill a solo mob, and those numbers are not normal in that scenario. Its more like 12-15k with 100b maybe
and axe auto-attack is around 1,7 -2k

21k is easy with exotics + green trinkets running solo. Drop disc + fgj + signet of fury → forceful strikes → 1 auto → gs4 → 1 auto → gs 5 → 1 auto → 100b. If they’re against a wall, use gs3 instead of 4+5. And this is without running Runes of Strength.

Is it a bad dps?

nagr.1593

If he means self-buffed it should be around 20-35k with strength runes (depends on armor type of mobs). the average with strength runes and exotic/ascended is around 25k hb against heavy armored mobs.

Arun Kar

(edited by nagr.1593)

Is it a bad dps?

adormtil.1605

I actually meant the final strike of 100 blades if I add all strikes its way bigger of course. But I mean that final strike is it to small at the the end of 100 blades is it to small?

Is it a bad dps?

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

I actually meant the final strike of 100 blades if I add all strikes its way bigger of course. But I mean that final strike is it to small at the the end of 100 blades is it to small?

The numbers add up .. so the final number is the total number of all hits.

If he means self-buffed it should be around 20-35k with strength runes (depends on armor type of mobs). the average with strength runes and exotic/ascended is around 25k hb against heavy armored mobs.

Please go to Frostgorge and chain kill there maybe 20 Arctodus and look what you do on average .. i hardly doubt you will reach 25k on average.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Is it a bad dps?

adormtil.1605

^So the last hit is not a hit?

Is it a bad dps?

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

^So the last hit is not a hit?

Nope.
All channeled skills like 100b, mesmer’s GS auto attack, ranger’s LB rapid fire and so on, cause several hits but the sum of the damage is what appear in the screen.
You can also look in the combat chat channel, if you caused 11k damage with 100b you see something like this:
100b: 2000
100b: 3000

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

Is it a bad dps?

adormtil.1605

actually at 100b at every hit I see the damage. I am confused do you all not see it or what so confused.

Is it a bad dps?

Posted by: Jigain.8231

Jigain.8231

actually at 100b at every hit I see the damage. I am confused do you all not see it or what so confused.

Yes, everyone sees it. However the number is the total of all hits in the combo.

1st hit = damage for 1st hit
2nd hit = damage for 1st hit + 2nd hit
3rd hit = damage for 1st hit + 2nd hit + 3rd hit

Et cetera.

This post may contain a high concentration of sarcasm and irony.
If you are allergic to these ingredients, do not consume.

Is it a bad dps?

oxtred.7658

Every hit is the addition of that hit+ all the others. A 20k 100b displays the damage of all the hits.

Is it a bad dps?

adormtil.1605

^That means that my dps stinks I probably should change to a greatsword that has power not condition:). Also I did 20K once but I was buffed like hell. Can you bellive that I did all dungeons not all paths but most with such dps?

Is it a bad dps?

oxtred.7658

dps isn’t required to end dungeons. It’s optimal and it helps your party, but you can complete anything naked. I usually do between 20 and 35k in a party without sigils, pots, and lacking one of two accessories, so 50k buffed isn’t over the top.

Is it a bad dps?

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

If you have a Condition Damage GS that would be the START of your issues….

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

Is it a bad dps?

adormtil.1605

Can you believe I managed with so many issues? Anyway I have everything on power and ferocity now and still the dps stinks.

Is it a bad dps?

nagr.1593

Please go to Frostgorge and chain kill there maybe 20 Arctodus and look what you do on average .. i hardly doubt you will reach 25k on average.

It’s not that hard to get those numbers on mobs… I chain killed a few Arctodus to show this, but unfortunately they don’t have enough health to show a 25k hit on them (I also did 30k easily on a nearby vet):
http://youtu.be/Vr_F77AvWoQ

There are people getting close to 70k HB in a solo setting so I don’t see why a 25k average hit is hard to believe.

Arun Kar

(edited by nagr.1593)

Is it a bad dps?

adormtil.1605

^Well yeah with buffs you did buffed yourself but I meant without any buff like no might and furry increase. I can do that with buffs also well now after I made my gear better.

Is it a bad dps?

nagr.1593

^Well yeah with buffs you did buffed yourself but I meant without any buff like no might and furry increase.

what did you think self-buffed meant ? that is like saying that an ele shouldn’t buff themself with 25 might and fury even though they can. besides… I hardly buffed myself, didn’t even use a banner etc.

Arun Kar

(edited by nagr.1593)