Is their any quick way to get out of combat?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Katz.5143

Katz.5143

Some jumping puzzles have incredibly fast respawns.

When you are combat mode, you can’t jump as well as you can when you are not in combat mode. Therefore you are much more likely to not be successful if you try to jump.

Combat mode stays in place even after you have killed the last mob you were fighting for way too long.

In some places the respawn rate is so high and there is no way to avoid the combat.

I’ve tried a lot of things to end my combat mode quickly but none has worked.

Is there a way?

It’s a kitten conspiracy. Kittens gonna be kittens. All is vain!

Posted by: Kita.7819

Kita.7819

You gotta kill the enemy that’s aggroed. That’s the only way besides moving far enough away.

Kita – Guardian
Server: Darkhaven. The Besthaven.

Posted by: Sarisa.4731

Sarisa.4731

In some cases, you can get aggro of a mob in an area that they can’t reach you from, but you will remain stuck in combat mode. Mostly related to differences in the Z-axis.

Commonly occurs in the Shattered Ice Ruins (Frostgorge Sound), several vista’s on Krait towers, and a few other jumping puzzles.

Lille of the Valley [WHIP]

Posted by: Katz.5143

Katz.5143

The problem I had was in Deissa at the breached wall skill point/vista and the Fawcett’s Bounty jumping puzzle. At breached wall I did not see any aggro on me, it was just holdover combat animation from the last mob killed persisting until respawn of new mobs.

At Fawcett it was aggro from the ship below. I finally had to jump down and kill everything again and go back up so I could jump.

I really wish they would add a /stop combat command of some sort. I was hoping there was some trick to ending combat.

It’s a kitten conspiracy. Kittens gonna be kittens. All is vain!

Posted by: Lexy.3912

Lexy.3912

If there is no direct enemy/aggro you can always try to stow your weapons. This is a keybind you have to set up yourself but I find it useful – especially when there are enemies in the area who can’t get you but who obviously trigger you into combat mode.

My GW2 Project 365 – building a picture of a year in Tyria
The #GW2Project365 on Twitter
Proudly representing The Legion of Honour [XIII] on Tarnished Coast

Posted by: Raf.1078

Raf.1078

You can sometimes hit your runspeed buff and just flat out run the mob…if you have the space to retreat, that is.

PF/ GOAT on Tarnished Coast (Semi-Retired)
Raf Longshanks-80 Norn Guardian / 9 more alts of various lvls / Charter Member Altaholics Anon

Posted by: Sarisa.4731

Sarisa.4731

If there is no direct enemy/aggro you can always try to stow your weapons. This is a keybind you have to set up yourself but I find it useful – especially when there are enemies in the area who can’t get you but who obviously trigger you into combat mode.

In the jumping puzzle related ones, stowing does nothing. You still remain in the slow, poor jumping stance.

It may help in other areas.

Lille of the Valley [WHIP]

Posted by: Winespring Brother.2970

Winespring Brother.2970

If I am in perpetual combat mode but there are no mobs around, I log out and back in, and this breaks combat mode (was the only way I could finish up the Wall Breach Blitz).

Yak’s Bend
Charr Ranger of the Iron Legion

Posted by: Oranisagu.3706

Oranisagu.3706

if you see any gray critters, kill one of them. sometimes killing something works to end combat.

I’ve had combat mode stuck on me several times and think there are a few bugs associated with it, but its hard to recreate..