Is there a way I can search for a player by name to find the server they are on?

Is there a way I can search for a player by name to find the server they are on?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Dakkon.9786

Dakkon.9786

Hello, I just bought the game to play with a friend but she will not be on for some time to tell me what server she is playing on. I know the handle she usually uses for online games and I was hoping there was a way I could search for it and determine what server she made her character on so I can join her.

Posted by: Kesarai.5084

Kesarai.5084

Right now, world transfers are free, so you could make your characters, enjoy the game, then when she gets on, transfer to her server. All it takes is just a moment to transfer, simply a matter of going to the char select screen, transferring and it reloading the game.

Posted by: Dakkon.9786

Dakkon.9786

Thank you very much for that info, very cool that transfers are currently free.

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

The free transfer will end soon though. If you know the handle, typically you’ll get a list of players with that handle — I believe while searching she has to be online though, so that doesn’t help.

Have you tried emailing/calling her?

L’enfer, c’est les autres

Posted by: Ceallach.8740

Ceallach.8740

Names are game-wide and if it’s not a very unusual name, it might have been taken, or she might have picked something else, et cetera. So I would confer with her first.

I wouldn’t count on free transfers for too long. However, they should have guesting available – so you can play on a friend’s server probably around when the free transfers go away. You just can’t do WvWvW for the server you are a guest on.