Is this a NON exploiting run?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Lithril Ashwalker.6230

Lithril Ashwalker.6230

link

was hoping everything in this video is not glitching or exploiting at all, i wish to run paths for friends etc, but if any of it is exploiting i do NOT condone it to others etc. i just wish to get some insight on this. please send advice ;3

also is it against the eula to charge people to run this for them ??

Posted by: Turamarth.3248

Turamarth.3248

As far as I can see no exploits were used.
Dungeon selling is allowed as long as no exploits were used in the run.

Brandar – Kodash [DE]
[SPQR]

Posted by: hendo.1940

hendo.1940

Being a good player isn’t an exploit, so no, no exploits were used in this video.

Rezardi – [DnT]
Game over, yo.

Posted by: Pie Flavor.1647

Pie Flavor.1647

yes, and they are EXTREMELY BORING

And I am become kitten, the destroyer of kittens

Lithril Ashwalker.6230

yes, and they are EXTREMELY BORING

yes to what?

Posted by: LastShot.4762

LastShot.4762

Actually, OP you need to define what you mean by “exploiting”, clearly pushed lupi against the wall and baited the Alphard into the corner.
These are common tactics that still require some degree of awareness, but it makes encounter much easier, and some consider it as “exploiting” of stupid AI.

But if you are cool with stacking in general, then yes, that run is pretty legit.

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

If you have to ask yourself that question it is probably an exploit.

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.

Posted by: OldSomalia.6180

OldSomalia.6180

If you have to ask yourself that question it is probably an exploit.

Meh, I’d be more forgiving with what seem like obvious answers to obvious questions due to the mindsets of a lot of players around these parts. What I mean is, any hyper/casual player could stake the claim that, “Stacking is an exploit because Spider Queen!” without having a proper knowledge of the game mechanics involved which, to another player who really has no experiences and knows not better or worse, may result in them parroting that sentiment posed as a question — “Is stacking an exploit?” And it does come up fairly often.

That said, I haven’t watched the video so I have yet to give input pertinent to the video content.

Lithril Ashwalker.6230

what i meant**
was that if there were any map exploiting you noticed that i may have missed, skill bugging etc.? i dont want to try this out if this run includeded it

Posted by: OldSomalia.6180

OldSomalia.6180

I didn’t watch the entire thing, but of what I did see, he was doing everything regularly.

But I have a question for you: why not just go try it yourself? If you’re paranoid something in the video is illegal, why not just go try to solo it (and it is very soloable on many professions) the way that you would do it? All it really comes down to is knowing boss animations and dodging key abilities, except you’re a one-man army instead of five-. Plus, if you don’t know the run so well, it’s a much better learning experience than watching a video which doesn’t always entertain WHY things are done as they are, just that they are. My best learning experiences always come from getting killed by something, maybe more than once, to familiarize myself with the exact mechanic. Such as, “Oh, that’s why you dodge Deadeyes after 2 seconds.”