Is this an exploit?

Is this an exploit?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Slaughterfreak.2678

Slaughterfreak.2678

When I place one of my toons at the rich orichalcum vein in Southsun Cove behind the champion without killing the champion and mining the vein until it attacks me, then logging out to de-aggro and logging back in with full health to continue mining until the vein is gone, is that an exploit? I see a lot of people doing so while I’m trying to kill the champion and was wondering if this was allowed…

Is this an exploit?

Posted by: Solid Gold.9310

Solid Gold.9310

I would think the players you see appearing farming the node, and then apparently logging out are teleporting bots.

They will teleport to the node, and then teleport to the next node, and so on.

Jumping puzzles, love them or hate them, I hate them. Thread killer.

Is this an exploit?

Slaughterfreak.2678

Well if they’re bots, then it’s obviously not allowed^^
But I’ve tried the logging out as soon as the champion attacks and logging back in thing and it does work: he de-aggroes and returns to his spot in the middle of the “room” and you get full health back and can continue mining until he attacks again. So I’m wondering if it’s exploiting by logging out and back in as a de-aggro mechanic, or if it’s fine, since you could do the same thing by using spy-kits (I think).

Is this an exploit?

Posted by: GummiBear.2756

GummiBear.2756

i would geuss it is tbh (and not at all the same as using a spy kit, since those are in fact an item meant to drop aggro and well cost money to acquire. so i geuss Anet eitehr placed the boss to far away from node or made it ahve too low aggro range, chaing those so it would completely aggro anyone while mining would fix any potential abuse of both methods (loggin out and spy kit) for the purpose of mining it in peace

Is this an exploit?

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

Unless the mob was directly on the node, hitting [nothing], it wouldn’t stop a spy kit.

Is this an exploit?

Posted by: GummiBear.2756

GummiBear.2756

well never used a spy kit myself so miht be wrong woouldnt you brak the stealth as soon as you begin to harvet the node? ie giving the boss a target (you) to hit, so you be lucky then to get more than 1 or 2 swings on it befre you dead if you tried then

Is this an exploit?

Posted by: ragingpuma.4618

ragingpuma.4618

Wouldn’t that incur a repair bill since those moron pvpers got it changed to it will be like you died and lost if you “dc” while in combat?

Is this an exploit?

Posted by: Urthona.3198

Urthona.3198

well never used a spy kit myself so miht be wrong woouldnt you brak the stealth as soon as you begin to harvet the node? ie giving the boss a target (you) to hit, so you be lucky then to get more than 1 or 2 swings on it befre you dead if you tried then

Nope, interacting with something won’t break stealth.. Spy kits would be useless otherwise. (Attacking and moving will break it.)

That said, it’s usually easiest just to kite the thing down the ramp if it’s in aggro range. Why deal with the loading screen?

Is this an exploit?

Posted by: Vick.6805

Vick.6805

You’re not supposed to be able to log out during combat, so my opinion is that part is an exploit. I don’t think farming the node is an exploit at all.

There are many people who have characters they don’t use often parked at the node just to mine it when it respawns, so those people are not bots, and aren’t doing anything exploitative. Logging into and off of an alt would look just like someone using the 3rd party teleport program.

Is this an exploit?

Posted by: Golgathoth.3967

Golgathoth.3967

You’re not supposed to be able to log out during combat, so my opinion is that part is an exploit.

I dunno, there’s no system in place at all to keep you from doing so, so all I can assume is that it’s not unintended. You don’t even have to alt+f4, you can just log out. Kind of silly in my opinion.

Sylvari: 7 Humans: 3 Charr: 2 Norn: 1 Asura: 0
“Tarnished Coast” since head start!

Is this an exploit?

Posted by: Katz.5143

Katz.5143

Sometimes you get stuck in combat even when you are not still fighting anything and you have to log out and back in to break the combat. I have to do that at vista’s sometimes.

It’s a kitten conspiracy. Kittens gonna be kittens. All is vain!

Is this an exploit?

Posted by: LithePanther.5027

LithePanther.5027

I do that at vistas too. I’ll run through mobs, aggro them, get to the vista, log out, and then back in to get it. Easy peasy

80 Guardian. 80 Warrior. 80 Thief. 80 Engineer. 80 Necromancer. 80 Ranger.

Is this an exploit?

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

We all do it at some point or another. I wish they close it one day for PVE too but until then I don’t think it’s an exploit. It’s fairly lame though to reset agro like that.

@ragingpuma: In WvW it has been changed, not in PVE. Doesn’t make them “moron pvpers”, it makes you an idiot for not knowing it.

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

Is this an exploit?

Slaughterfreak.2678

Ok, so I’ll buy a bunch of spy-kits, since relogging to de-aggro is probably an exploit. Is parking characters right on the node so I just have to log in, use a spy-kit, mine the node and log out an exploit, or is that fine? (Since I don’t have to walk up the long path and run past the champion, I save a lot of time)