Is this game good?

Is this game good?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: FTornadoxx.7932

FTornadoxx.7932

Never had intention to buy this game – I bought it just because of sale (obviously loosing players). I’m not sure do I want to waste my time downloading and playing. Is it better then Asian f2p mmorpgs like Tera or Dragon Nest?

Is this game good?

Posted by: maestrochino.7104

maestrochino.7104

the graphics of the game is why I play it. Simply far more beautiful than other competitor’s.

Edit: however, this game is not new player friendly, as much of the content prefer or only allow experienced or properly geared players. So if you haven’t even started yet, you are too far behind.

Jade Quarry
Eternity, The Juggernaut, Kudzu…

(edited by maestrochino.7104)

Is this game good?

Posted by: Dalanor.5387

Dalanor.5387

obviously loosing players

Nope.

Is it better then Asian f2p mmorpgs like Tera or Dragon Nest?

By a hundred miles.

Is this game good?

Posted by: TooBz.3065

TooBz.3065

So far the game is worth playing (over a year in).

Anything I post is just the opinion of a very vocal minority of 1.

Is this game good?

Posted by: Jonny.6013

Jonny.6013

Try it and see if you like it. If you paid for it, why wouldn’t you at least download it and play it once? In my opinion, it is very good.

Is this game good?

Posted by: Grimezy.5679

Grimezy.5679

It’s not on sale because it’s losing players, it’s probably just because it’s spring and they know a lot of people will be going outside instead of staying on the computer so they’re trying to attract more players. Do you really think that every company that has a sale is going bust?

I enjoy it, it’s quite a casual game but also requires a lot of skill once you start dungeons, etc. You can play as often or infrequent as you want, it promotes party play and there is no grinding to level up, just quests and exploration rather than killing the same mobs over and over in the same area.

It helps if you can make friends easily as a lot of content is best played with 2-3 players but it’s definitely possible to solo most the things you’ll encounter in open-world unless it specifically states it’s a group event.

I’d definitely recommend it but ultimately only you can say whether it will be a waste of time or not. You’ve already spent the money, might as well download it now. I could understand buying a game for £3 in the Steam sale and not downloading it but £17.50 is hardly cheap for a game unless you plan to play it.

Is this game good?

Posted by: nosleepdemon.1368

nosleepdemon.1368

No it’s terrible and you should immediately stop downloading it (if you started). Everything about the game is pants and nobody has ever enjoyed playing it. The threads you see of other people discussing the game and its intricacies are merely figments of the ArenaNet forum server’s imagination.

Should you decide (against all good advice) to continue on your endeavour to find out “is this game good”, you might find some videos on youtube of people actually playing it, and threads in various forums on this site actually discussing it, which could help you form an opinion.

Is this game good?

Posted by: TheDaiBish.9735

TheDaiBish.9735

You’ll have some people who’ll say yes, and some will say no.

I personally still enjoy it.

One bit of advice; don’t rush to cap, at least on your first playthrough. Also, if exploration is your thing, turn off map icons. I personally find it more fulfilling.

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

Is this game good?

Posted by: FTornadoxx.7932

FTornadoxx.7932

Ok it looks like there is lot of satisfied players. I’m gonna download it.

Is this game good?

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

You’ve already bought it and there’s no subscription, you may as well try it out.

It’s much closer to subscription MMOs that free to play ones IMO (especially since even subscription games have cash shops now). There’s relatively little grind – my husband started playing a few hours a day about 2 week ago and is already level 40 (1/2 way to max).

There are a few important differences to other games though, in particular there are very few actual quests, instead there are dynamic events which start up, continue and finish regardless of whether anyone is participating. Which means you can just jump in any time you see one happening and do as much or as little of it as you want, then get rewarded for what you did.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Is this game good?

Posted by: Lankybrit.4598

Lankybrit.4598

Yes, it’s very good. The graphics and gameplay are both excellent. Exploring all the zones is really fun. The TP is amazing, and sharing a bank and gold on all your characters is great.

Only end-game is bothering me a bit, but what I’m doing is fun.

My Life in Tyria: http://lankygw2blog.blogspot.com/
Updated every Monday

Is this game good?

Posted by: iNitrogen.2716

iNitrogen.2716

The game is really different. It’s not like those asian grinding games.
It’ll take a few days to get used to the game mechanics and how the game should be played, but after that it’s a blast!

Is this game good?

Posted by: hidukittii.7053

hidukittii.7053

I’ve been playing since the start and, prior to that, had it preordered longer than I care to admit and have loved it ever since! Can’t beat free-to-play monthly either. The graphics are beautiful, the world is fun to explore, and the community is consistently one of the nicest and most helpful (I believe) that there is.

Is this game good?

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

From my calculation, we about due a free trial period weekend real soon.

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

Is this game good?

Posted by: Teege.4623

Teege.4623

Not really no, and you’ll find that out the longer you play it.

“We just don’t want players to grind in Guild Wars 2.” -Colin Johanson
Don’t support the Gem Shop, it’s that easy.

Is this game good?

Posted by: wmtyrance.3571

wmtyrance.3571

Ok it looks like there is lot of satisfied players. I’m gonna download it.

Just remember its not anything like wow or any other mmo. No exclamation marks over npc’s heads. And gameplay is very action like. You can move while doing combat and should. People are always sayng they want something different in an mmo. And the only one out there thats different is this one. Good luck and hope you enjoy the game.

Is this game good?

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

Well since you already bought it, you should try and see for yourself. For me, GW2 is the best MMO on the market right now, and looks like there are no serious contenders coming in the near future.

One – Piken Square

Is this game good?

Posted by: TooBz.3065

TooBz.3065

GW2 is a good solid game that can keep you entertained for a year or more.

Anything I post is just the opinion of a very vocal minority of 1.

Is this game good?

Posted by: Xbon.9086

Xbon.9086

Get one thing straight; It’s not losing players, if anything the population keeps growing, our server is always full of people.

Aside from that, if you already bought it, why are you asking? Play it and see for yourself.