"Join in" feature not working solved

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Gyroferium.6972

Gyroferium.6972

I’ve been looking to join a high pop realm without losing the guild for a while, when I found a gw2 wiki article saying:

“If you wish to go to the world that another party member is in, right click on their portrait and choose Join In, and you will be moved to their world.” (http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Party)

So I transfered and invited a guild mate to join me and my brother (my brother transfered with me) to quest in kessex hills. I told him he should be able to join in, as wiki said. This did not work, so I decided to disband and let me join his world. Didn’t work either. A few relogs later it still wouldn’t work.

Now the question is: was gw2 wiki lying, or is there a bug? (or a change that changed the way to join in)

P.S. had to edit this out of the title, as it was too long, but there was no overloaded map playing a role here; most threads are found are about this, but this one isn’t.

Posted by: applekwisp.2139

applekwisp.2139

don’t quote me on this, but i think this only works if you are in an overflow, and your party joins your overflow. this is typically how cross server fractals dungeons are made

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

applekwisp is correct for zones (only works if in overflow) but you can also join across servers for dungeons.

Posted by: Gyroferium.6972

Gyroferium.6972

applekwisp is correct for zones (only works if in overflow) but you can also join across servers for dungeons.

Aha, that’s what I wanted to know (the zones part). Thanks for the answers