Jumping puzzle chests

Jumping puzzle chests

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

Are jumping puzzle chests once every 24hours based on last open, or are they based on daily reset?

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!

Jumping puzzle chests

Posted by: Renn.8241

Renn.8241

Daily reset I believe

~Renn~ Jade Quarry – Norn, – Ranger.

Jumping puzzle chests

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Most are reset daily at midnight UTC, just like any other 1x/day reward. A small number of JPs have a second wait time in addition to standard one. I think it’s around 12 hours, but I haven’t tested enough to be sure.

Sharkmaw and the silverwastes JPs both ‘suffer’ from this: if you grab a chest reward ~1 hr before reset, you won’t be able to grab it again immediately after reset. Instead, you’ll have to wait. (More than 4 hrs from the last time, less than 21 hours — that’s as much as I’ve narrowed it down.)

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Jumping puzzle chests

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Most are reset daily at midnight UTC, just like any other 1x/day reward. A small number of JPs have a second wait time in addition to standard one. I think it’s around 12 hours, but I haven’t tested enough to be sure.

Sharkmaw and the silverwastes JPs both ‘suffer’ from this: if you grab a chest reward ~1 hr before reset, you won’t be able to grab it again immediately after reset. Instead, you’ll have to wait. (More than 4 hrs from the last time, less than 21 hours — that’s as much as I’ve narrowed it down.)

Those might have timers like the ori/ancient wood nodes. I used to farm those daily and my experience was that if the node harvest is within the 6 hours before reset, then it’s 6 more hours before it can be harvested again. So if it was harvested 5 hours before reset, then it’s 1 hour after reset and if it’s was harvested 1 hour before reset then it’s 5 hours after reset till the next harvest.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Jumping puzzle chests

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Those might have timers like the ori/ancient wood nodes. I used to farm those daily and my experience was that if the node harvest is within the 6 hours before reset, then it’s 6 more hours before it can be harvested again. So if it was harvested 5 hours before reset, then it’s 1 hour after reset and if it’s was harvested 1 hour before reset then it’s 5 hours after reset till the next harvest.

Yes, some JPs, some rich nodes, & most T6 nodes follow the exact same pattern, near as I’ve been able to determine.

I’ve been testing out the assumption that the second trigger is a 12-hour delay, which could be explained if some early code for node ‘gating’ used a cheap shortcut (checking the hour). But it could well be 6 hours instead; that would be consistent with my results so far.

Jumping puzzle chests

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

Ok, that explains what I was running into.

The only reason I can see for the delay is to get people to log in more often. Really pathetic that Anet has to go to those lengths to meet their shiny numbers.

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!

Jumping puzzle chests

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Ok, that explains what I was running into.

The only reason I can see for the delay is to get people to log in more often. Really pathetic that Anet has to go to those lengths to meet their shiny numbers.

Or it’s a bug, since the other JPs don’t have this issue.
(The reason the T6 and some rich metal mines have it is to protect the economy; otherwise, be too easy to spam such nodes.)

It’s not likely to get people to logon more often, as the rewards are too low to make it worth the time (plenty of other things people could do to earn that much with less effort).

Never ascribe to conspiracy that which is adequately explained by incompetence (or bugs).