Just came back to the game

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Elirian.6540

Elirian.6540

I stopped playing this game about the time the event with the refugees came out. My PC wasnt strong enough to handle the 80 lvl content and the WvW so i felt like i had to quit and get a new PC. So here I am about an year later not knowing what to do with a freshly dinged mesmer full of greens.

If you could give me a hint on what to do and, more importantly, how to do it that would be great. Treat me like a complete newcomer since i remmember almost nothing.

Posted by: Eric.6395

Eric.6395

Try creating a new character agian and relearn all the mechanics. That’s also what I did after my LONG break.

Currently I’m on that new char lvl 80 and still enjoying it hard, Trying to finally start on the legendarys (I HOPE LOL).
You can also do a lot of dungeon story’s, Trust me not everyone has them with LFG for paths and it’s really helpfull to have the story if the other world is contested.

Also try out the new tequatl the dragon is *(((@#$$ strong, I think our server haven’t beated him yet. Or the living world content?

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

Yea, you can start training a new character
Or, you can go read around the wiki and forums to pick up something.

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

Posted by: Elirian.6540

Elirian.6540

Thanks every1 Your posts have been very helpful. I will start a new char and meanwhile look around the wiki.

Posted by: Ethics.4519

Ethics.4519

You can do hot join in spvp to get used to your mesmer.

The popular mesmer builds are phantasms and shatter.

Condition mesmer isn’t as strong, but it’s hella fun 1v1s and you have a little more takiness.

You can jump in wvw (bring veil and drop it in front of the zerg before a push), or do some dungeons. Tell your group you are getting back into it and they might need to explain what you’re supposed to do as a mesmer. A lot instances require a mesmer to do something special (portal through boulders, feedback a certain attack, timewarp a certain area, pull a certain mob somehwere, etc).

RIP in peace Robert