Just hit 80 on my Ele - a little lost

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Xaos.1570

Xaos.1570

I’ve had Guild Wars 2 since release but only i play in short spurts here and there and i’ve finally gotten my Ele to level 80.

Not really sure what to do. My guild is very small and not very active. I’m not really sure what all the available dungeons are (and which should i focus on).

And i’m especially lost on what should i gear for. I see people recommending a P/V/T armor…but i dont see any kind of armor available to craft or purchase.

I’ve got 45k Karma which i guess means i can buy a single piece of exotic armor, but its not even available in those stat combinations…. But are those even the stats i would need/want to start doing dungeons?

Posted by: Garambola.2461

Garambola.2461

You do not need exotic armor to do Dungeons, save for Arah and maybe the other lvl 80 dungeons. They were desined to be ran at a level where exotic armor does not exist. (Of course it helps to keep you safer, but it is not the most important thing.)

As to exactly what to wear, I cannot tell you. Those who really focus on that stuff can help you, but they need to know what your traits are and what weapons you use, at least.

If you play on an EU server, I’d be glad to show you what my ‘merry little band of mercenaries’ = my characters, do daily at lvl 80.

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

5 of 6 armor pieces that are P/V/T Gear can be had from karma vendors once an Orr temple or Arah event has been successfully completed.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/List_of_armor_sets#Exotic_Karma_armor_sets

As to whether this is the best set, there are 2 schools of thought. One says that only DPS matters. You might run into this attitude if you pug dungeons. The other says that survivability is important. P/V/T armor supplements what’s called a bunker build, which in an ele is likely to be 0/10/0/30/30 trait-wise. I can vouch that this build is hard to kill, but it also does not kill quickly. You’ll have to decide what play-style suits you.

Posted by: Falunel.7645

Falunel.7645

P/V/T armor is not needed for bunker eles in PvE. I use Knight’s (Power/Precision/Toughness) for my main six pieces of armor, Berserker’s for my weapons, and a mix of Cavalier’s (Toughness/Crit Damage/Power) and Berserker’s for accessories. I don’t do as much damage as a glass build, but I do a more reasonable amount nonetheless.

PvP is another story, one I’m not qualified to speak on.

Falunel – Sylvari Elementalist | Falche Graysong – Human Mesmer | Tarnished Coast
Ember Solace [SOL] – A guild welcoming of newbies and those at the margins.
New Player Outreach Thread