Karma? What for?

Karma? What for?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: neurotix.4896

neurotix.4896

What for is this Karma? Early game? I doubt someone is interested in gear that WvW karma vendors offer. It has same basic stats as for tokens or crafted gear, but terrible additional stats. Even only 1 kind (power/vitality/toughness). I feel that I should use Karma earlier to get easier leveling, bcoz I cant see reason to farm Karma now. Same situation about Badges from WvW. Maybe they are gonna make another gears soon?

Karma? What for?

Posted by: Syn.3459

Syn.3459

buying orichalcum tools, master salvage kits, exotic level 80 gear that costs about 240k for a full set

you know, the usual…

oh and fyi the wvw gear with power vitality and toughness is good, there are so many people thinking they’re glass cannons when in actual fact they’re just glass, vitality and toughness play a massive role in pvp

(edited by Syn.3459)

Karma? What for?

Posted by: Almoryk Kane.6085

Almoryk Kane.6085

Karma dosn’t really come into affect till about 20 and up. You may or may not know this but when you complete a heart the person you helped becomes a karma vendor. Sometimes they have good stuff for you other times they don’t. Usually each area has armor though and the karma vendors that sell it will give you a full set of armor for that area. Usually starts with a low end part with the final part being high. So if your in a 25-35 area the boots will be 25 while the head may be 35.
So for early game again the 20 and up will help you keep your items in check with your level. Also some recipies for crafting can be bought at vendors. Either use the wiki or just keep an eye out as your doing hearts.
Some later areas have so many events going on that Karma dosn’t become a problem. I suggest Sparkfly Swamp and Hathari Hinterlands as those areas of events never seem to stop. I got 8k karma easy just following the events around. You want to save up karma for the good stuff later on but if you do these earlier events you can spend a few 400 here and there without loosing too much.

Karma? What for?

Posted by: neurotix.4896

neurotix.4896

I know that Heart becomes Karma Vendor after complete task. I just never bought anything and saved all of the Karma for future.

Level 80 gear for karma is just one of a kind and is just bad.

But the Ori tools and Salvage kits could be useful, at least i save some silvers
My current 40k+ karma should enought for a while on those…

Karma? What for?

Posted by: klaughihin.9234

klaughihin.9234

If you’re not intent on leveling purely through “typical” means, aka questing, dynamic events, pvp, dungeons, you can use Karma for buying crafting mats to help along your crafting which also helps you level quicker, since the XP gain from crafting isn’t something to scoff at.