Keeping the apperance of original armor when levelling?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Loke.6310

Loke.6310

I built my necromancer character around the orginal Sylvari coat when creating characters at the beginning of the game, but when levelling I buy new armor at trading posts, and there they only have armor with an apperance that is probably one of the worst in the whole game. Especially the armor that has the best specs. Consequently: I want my old original coat back! How can I do this? If it is not possible, how and where can I get black dye, so that the entire armor can become completely dark?

Posted by: nachtnebel.9168

nachtnebel.9168

Use transmute stones. You can by them via the gem shop or you can get them as a quest reward.

Salix Babylonica (Necro), Tharnath (Guardian), N Faculty (Mesmer),
Occam Pi (Ele), Acaena Elongata (Warrior), Finja Salversdotir (Ranger),
Bytestream (Engineer), Vim Whitespace (Thief)

Loke.6310

Tnx, but I don’t have my old coat anymore. Sold it, because when I started levelling up I thought this type of coat would be available at TP for Sylvari necromancers at later levels, but now I see that this is not the case. Anywhere I can buy an original first level coat and then transmute it?

Posted by: WasAGuest.4973

WasAGuest.4973

If you are talking about the Apprentice Set, easiest way to get that look back is to hit up the TP. Buy the cheapest you can find and use T-Stones to transfer the look you want to the current armor.
The Dyes can also likely be bought on the TP or hit up the Gem shop and gamble with the Dye Packs. Not sure if the dyes in the pack are trade-able after you get them, but if they are, you might be able to put the ones you don’t like on the TP then use that earned money to buy the one you are after.

Loke.6310

I’m thinking about the armor one colours when creating a new character in the game, the one that is automatically used when starting the prelude to the game, which is fighting the Nightmare in case of the Sylvari race. This is the Apprentice set, right? If they have this coat at TP, it would be great.

Posted by: Nemain.9802

Nemain.9802

Armor vendors sells the basic armor if I’m not mistaken.
Just look for the helmet icon next to the stack of coins.

Posted by: WasAGuest.4973

WasAGuest.4973

Yes, that’s the Apprentice set. And completely forgot about the NPC vendors.

Loke.6310

Excellent! Thanks for replies. Appreciate it.

Posted by: Velisong.9543

Velisong.9543

black dyes go for around 3-6g on the tp.