Keeping up with gear while leveling?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Highchu.3806

Highchu.3806

Anyone have recommendations on ways to better keep up with weapons and gear while leveling? I only recently started playing and am currently using a lvl 36 Charr Warrior with a full set of T1 Cultural armor. Up until reaching 35 I had alot of trouble maintaining a good set of gear and ended up using the Oldgate set until lvl 30 because I was unable to find anything better. For now the Cultural set works, but I feel like as I continue leveling I’m going to end up having the same issue again. Right now I’m trying to work on leveling my Armorsmithing + Weaponsmithing, but its incredibly expensive and slow for a player just starting out. Are there any other affordable options besides crafting and karma merchants?

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

By checking out every heart vendor after you completed their heart-events/quests or however you want to call it

edit: You can also check out the trading post if you are not wearing light armor (they are very expensive because people salvage them for high end armors)

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.

(edited by kokiman.2364)

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

I generally get

cultural T1 at level 35 and I run with that until
lvl 60 when I buy tier 2.
T1 and T2 have very nice stats to them
At 80 I get exotics

you can keep your gear fairly current by just equipping better drops or using heart vendors – most maps have gear in their level range.

Or you can just buy off the TP- but mid range gear is expensive

Gunnar’s Hold

Posted by: Garambola.2461

Garambola.2461

Always drops first. They can be salvaged even after they’ve been used, so nothing is lost by hanging onto them a bit longer.

A set of greens every 10 levels does not amount to very big expense. Green is enough to get by on normal circumstances. Always check the drops first though, if they are close to the level it is not necessary to buy new ones immediately.

Posted by: pseudonatural.3549

pseudonatural.3549

Sometimes I craft my gear, usually one level before it is usable with the mats collecting while exploring and completing events. As a bonus, crafting usually grants a level or two as well.

Eredon Terrace
neth burn [80 elementalist]
sola mordis [80 thief]

Posted by: XxXTheMaxxXxX.6057

XxXTheMaxxXxX.6057

Always drops first. They can be salvaged even after they’ve been used, so nothing is lost by hanging onto them a bit longer.

A set of greens every 10 levels does not amount to very big expense. Green is enough to get by on normal circumstances. Always check the drops first though, if they are close to the level it is not necessary to buy new ones immediately.

^^This. Green gear is perfectly fine while progressing through the game while leveling. I buy some every 10 levels as well. Sooner if I run into a section I can’t complete and I also equip gear I find if it’s better. If you purchase gear from the TP you can also choose the stat combination you want.

Posted by: YoshihitoPL.6170

YoshihitoPL.6170

hey if u wanna guide how to lvl up, take it ;3
http://www.youtube.com/user/yoshihitomayoshe?feature=watch