Keyboard setup help

Keyboard setup help

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: SHaTT.5932

SHaTT.5932

How do you guys have your keyboard setup? I am still using the default numbers on the top of the keyboard for my skills, but finding it difficult to go from number 3 to number 8, etc. and do so quickly without getting spanked in WvW.

How do you guys have your keyboard setup?

Keyboard setup help

Posted by: Bloodraith.9542

Bloodraith.9542

I’m a clicker. gasp How horrifying…

Keyboard setup help

Posted by: Aarku.3105

Aarku.3105

123456qerfc
shift +12345

(interact rebound to shift +f)

..I think that is it.

Keyboard setup help

Posted by: AliceKaye.1903

AliceKaye.1903

I purchased a Logitech G13 back when cataclysm was coming out. It was the best investment in computer peripherals I ever made. Makes setting up a keyboard so easy and all of my game keys are in one location.

Arcanist Norri | Ceirynn | Darbii | Emlyn | Nyssi | Teltiu
Alice Kaye’s Twitter

Keyboard setup help

Posted by: Asmodaus.1028

Asmodaus.1028

Im a clicker as well. I recently bought the steelseries merch keyboard. I love it. It has reduced the amount that i use my mouse for skills.

-No mercy for the weak, No pity for the dying, No tears for the slain- /-\S/\/\()|)/-\|_|S
-Often Imitated But Never Duplicated-

Keyboard setup help

Posted by: Sialor.7396

Sialor.7396

123er, Alt + 123er. How do you clickers move and click at the same time?

Keyboard setup help

Posted by: VakarisJ.5619

VakarisJ.5619

I’m mainly using the defaults (my hands aren’t that small to require adjustments in the keybinds), however there are a few minor tweaks I made:
Bound weapon holstering to Q, walking to F, strafe left to A and right to D and bound turn around to X. I also rebound the turn left to Z and right to C as well as interact to E.
The reason for the change in movement keys was necessary when I picked up the grenade kit on my engineer – effectively using it with the default layout is just about impossible.

Keyboard setup help

Posted by: Ujest.6548

Ujest.6548

I use a Merc Gaming Keyboard( http://steelseries.com/products/keyboards/steelseries-merc-stealth )

All the important keys are under one hand, all the keys are re-assignable, for example my 11 and G.Save keys are re-bound to – and = respectively and I reassigned Weapon Switch to the = key. Also I have reassigned the F1 – F4 keys to L Ctrl + 1 thru L Crtl + 4 with the Left Cntrl mapped to MB 4 on the Logitech G-9X.

As for dependability, I have had the current Merc for 4 years and will buy another when this one finally fails.

Ujest Shurly-Elementalist Norn | Opun-Mesmer Asura | Psycosa-Necro Sylvari | Ujest-Guardian Human

(edited by Ujest.6548)

Keyboard setup help

Posted by: Marauding Scum.6728

Marauding Scum.6728

I use a Merc Gaming Keyboard( http://steelseries.com/products/keyboards/steelseries-merc-stealth )

All the important keys are under one hand, all the keys are re-assignable, for example my 11 and G.Save keys are re-bound to – and = respectively and I reassigned Weapon Switch to the = key. Also I have reassigned the F1 – F4 keys to L Ctrl + 1 thru L Crtl + 4 with the Left Cntrl mapped to MB 4 on the Logitech G-9X.

As for dependability, I have had the current Merc for 4 years and will buy another when this one finally fails.

Very interesting keyboard, the price is a bit high at my country but I really liked the key disposition.

Thanks for sharing it.

Keyboard setup help

Posted by: Asmodaus.1028

Asmodaus.1028

I have the same keyboard. I love it, Makes it so much easier to game with. And for me, being left handed, and my right hand being stronger with the keyboard and left with the mouse, this is a very good keyboard

-No mercy for the weak, No pity for the dying, No tears for the slain- /-\S/\/\()|)/-\|_|S
-Often Imitated But Never Duplicated-

Keyboard setup help

Posted by: Esham.4203

Esham.4203

I’m using ESDF for movement.

wrtcv for skills 1-5
shift+wrtg are utilities 1-3 and elite
g is interact
A is heal
left ctrl is weapon swap
back mouse button is dodge
middle mouse is closest enemy

I have finally settled on this setup. I was playing around a lot with using a modifier key and shift seems to work the best.

I play a mesmer though so popping utilities quickly is really important as i use them all the time.

Keyboard setup help

Posted by: FedEXguy.8362

FedEXguy.8362

I bought a g600 mouse, so my skills are all on that