Kitten?

Kitten?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Tyr.1965

Tyr.1965

I’m new here ankittenep seeing “kitten” being used on these forums as some sort of slang term that’s seemingly unrelated to actual cats. What does it mean?

Kitten?

Posted by: Kesarai.5084

Kesarai.5084

‘kitten’ is ANet’s filter for words that are considered vulgar or profanity. There’s a thread somewhere that they explain why they used the word ‘kitten’ but I can’t remember where

Kitten?

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Basically what Kesarai said. I find it more amusing that I often see posts where the writer has deliberately pre-written “kitten” into their post to pre-empt the filter. XD

Kitten?

Posted by: Zerdand.5308

Zerdand.5308

Oh so its the mods replacing vulgar words with kittens?

Kitten?

Posted by: Tyr.1965

Tyr.1965

Aww and here I thought it was a newfangled hipster word. What a load of kittens. (am I doing it right?) :P

Kitten?

Posted by: Haishao.6851

Haishao.6851

^ depend what you meant by kitten.

“what a load of kittens” as in “kittens” or “kittens”?

Kitten?

Posted by: penatbater.4710

penatbater.4710

I wanna change it to puppyrainbows =(

Don’t disturb me, I have a cat in me at the moment.

Kitten?

Posted by: Katz.5143

Katz.5143

Its an automatic filter rather than mods replacing the words.

It’s a kitten conspiracy. Kittens gonna be kittens. All is vain!

Kitten?

Posted by: mercury ranique.2170

mercury ranique.2170

Ye, If in the filter the word Tyr would be considered faul language, then it would be replaced with kitten. This however also works when it shouldn’t. for example if I would be writting bout a Tyranosaurus (and Tyr still would be considered a faul word), it would show up as kittenanosaurus.

Hope this helps.

(Somehow I wanna have a Kittenanosaurus now……..)

Arise, ye farmers of all nations
Arise, opressed of Tyria!

Kitten?

Posted by: UKNightWatch.5742

UKNightWatch.5742

‘Ahem’‘Cough’‘Kittenz’ ! :~)

You guys got my google foo (kittens got at original spelling – oops!) kick started! So, thought I’d use it to find some pics;

The first is not quite a kittenosaurus the other is a puppyrainbow.

Yeah ‘kitten’ is the auto replace word on the filter for these forums.

Please note these are not my own work and intended use is in line with this thread only in a ‘fair use’ manner.

Attachments:

No rig in my sig? Only posted if needed!

(edited by UKNightWatch.5742)

Kitten?

Posted by: Pandemoniac.4739

Pandemoniac.4739

Aww and here I thought it was a newfangled hipster word. What a load of kittens. (am I doing it right?) :P

I’m not a hipster, but kitten has definitely become my favorite word to use for emphasis when posting in forums now.

So far, the best substitution was “if I can escape the 4th quarter kitten storm at work”. That’s a much better visual than the word I normally would have used

Don’t ever think you know what’s right for the other person.
He might start thinking he knows what’s right for you.
—Paul Williams

Kitten?

Posted by: UKNightWatch.5742

UKNightWatch.5742

I’m not a hipster, but kitten has definitely become my favorite word to use for emphasis when posting in forums now.

So far, the best substitution was “if I can escape the 4th quarter kitten storm at work”. That’s a much better visual than the word I normally would have used

I just got a really horrid thought regarding the kitten hitting the fan! Yuck!! (I really must get out more!!!)

No rig in my sig? Only posted if needed!

Kitten?

Posted by: Raf.1078

Raf.1078

Heck, I’m even typing it out now.

PF/ GOAT on Tarnished Coast (Semi-Retired)
Raf Longshanks-80 Norn Guardian / 9 more alts of various lvls / Charter Member Altaholics Anon

Kitten?

Posted by: erock.1702

erock.1702

I knew it was being used to replace vulgar words… I’ve always thought it had something to do with the Charr – is that stupid of me?