Krytan Armor filled up my packs

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: FeralOne.1093

FeralOne.1093

Q:

My new account came with this box of goodies — including a set of decorative armor and apparently a set of consumable “skins” of the armor. That’s a LOT of bag space.

I equipped all the armor pieces so i guess i have the “skins” saved for all my characters, true? Even characters that haven’t been created yet?

Can I now safely destroy all this armor? I don’t have the bank or pack space available to keep it. If it will prove useful down the road I suppose I can create an alt to hold it unless there are other options u can recommend.

Thank you all for all the newb assistance!

Posted by: Davey.7029

Davey.7029

A:

You can destroy your Krytan set after you’ve unlocked it in your wardrobe (it will still cost a transmutation charge if you wish to transmute).

Posted by: Vikkela.7261

Vikkela.7261

All weapon and armour skins that you unlock will be available for all your characters – some of them require it to be of correct race or weightclass though, but that’s another story. So the answer to your question is yes

9 Guardians later…

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

You get one free use of armor that’s sitting in your inventory. Once it’s transferred to the wardrobe it’s one transmutation charge per use. If you don’t plan to use it anytime soon and you don’t want to tie up bank or character inventory space you can transfer it to the wardrobe. If you want to keep it and have an unused character, you can store the skins in its inventory.

Basically it’s a choice between tying up inventory space or having the one time free use of it. Whichever is more important to you.

(edited by Astral Projections.7320)

Posted by: Aro.8275

Aro.8275

Could also try to get some larger packs or additional bank space. The bank space is amazingly useful especially when working on multiple characters.

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Just making sure, have you gone to your bank yet? That can save you a lot of space, especially if you use the “deposit materials” option in your backpack’s upper right drop down to move gathered mats to the mats tabs of the bank.

Posted by: FeralOne.1093

FeralOne.1093

TY all for the info and insights. This wardrobe-thing is more complicated than I first realized so I’m glad I came here before tackling the wiki info. I have been to the bank, and it is full=) My packs fill up quickly with: boosts I think I should save/have no immediate use for and crafting things that do not go into the “gather all materials”. So knowing I can destroy the krytan armor is happy news!

TY again and happy hunting!

Posted by: Zomaarwat.3912

Zomaarwat.3912

Best to hover over it and check if it says “skin unlocked”, if not right-click it and unlock it.

Over a year and the forum search is still broken = /