Krytan Explorer 174/175: What am I missing?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Kitty La Boom Boom.4065

Kitty La Boom Boom.4065

Q:

All of my Krytan maps are completed, but I still, apparently, have one area unexplored. I’ve already done the Claw Island mission.

Posted by: Haishao.6851

Haishao.6851

maybe the bandit cave in Queensdale, Beggar’s burrow
Best would be to look maps on wiki and compare them to yours

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Kryta

Kitty La Boom Boom.4065

I did that, that’s why I can’t figure it out.
Queensdale: Done
Divinity’s Reach: Done
Kessex Hills: Done
Bloodtide Coast: Done
Gendarran Fields: Done
Harathi Hinterlands: Done
Claw Island Mission: Done
All Waypoints, all POI, all skill challenges, all Hearts: Done

What’s left?
My guildmate has done the same things I have, but she has 175/175

Posted by: Lightrayne.7829

Lightrayne.7829

Did you get chantry of secrets in bloodtide coast? The instance counts as its own map containing only a PoI. I had 174/175 on my way to world completion and this was the one I was missing.

Kitty La Boom Boom.4065

Yup. I’ve got that too.

Posted by: Lexy.3912

Lexy.3912

It is not POIs, Skills points, way points and vistas that count towards the 175 explorer for Kryta or any other region. It is the discovery of the areas on each map which show their names in white. These, added up across all the different maps total 175 and the link that the first replier put in their post gives you links to a list that you can check them all off.

You don’t even need to go to each specific area to check for completion, just open your world map from wherever you are and zoom in on each Kryta area until the white names reveal themselves and then check them against the list on the wiki, this will show you which one you are missing. Then you’ll know which map you need to visit and where to go to reveal the missing area.

Hope you find it.

My GW2 Project 365 – building a picture of a year in Tyria
The #GW2Project365 on Twitter
Proudly representing The Legion of Honour [XIII] on Tarnished Coast

(edited by Lexy.3912)

Posted by: Drevin.6534

Drevin.6534

LA also counts. Did you check it?

Posted by: michaeljhuman.3940

michaeljhuman.3940

Thanks! Chantry did the trick. Would maybe never have found that. Note to the person asking this, make sure you are not confusing the deadend waypoint with this one…you have to enter the instance via the portal, and if it says 0/1, you don’t have it.

(edited by michaeljhuman.3940)

Kitty La Boom Boom.4065

It is not POIs, Skills points, way points and vistas that count towards the 175 explorer for Kryta or any other region. It is the discovery of the areas on each map which show their names in white. These, added up across all the different maps total 175 and the link that the first replier put in their post gives you links to a list that you can check them all off.

You don’t even need to go to each specific area to check for completion, just open your world map from wherever you are and zoom in on each Kryta area until the white names reveal themselves and then check them against the list on the wiki, this will show you which one you are missing. Then you’ll know which map you need to visit and where to go to reveal the missing area.

Hope you find it.

Thanks for the info, I’ll do that