LA pirate Jumping puzzle question

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Shorty.9873

Shorty.9873

Q:

I have done the jumping puzzle 2 times now. I did it Tuesday night and in the area where it goes pitch dark the ghosty spirit thing that follows you around would turn the lights on every so often so I was able to navigate over the pillars eventually. I tried it last night as again and the lights never came on once. I was stuck in the dark completely and could not see a thing unless I grabbed a torch off the ground. However using a torch only gives you a little light and by the time I would get back to where I needed to be the torch would go out. Unless I’m missing something on this part of the puzzle how are you suppose to make it through that part if the lights never come on and your not a class that has any light giving abilities? I’m a warrior and cannot use a flame thrower or a torch.

Thanks in advance.

Posted by: Tewi.2184

Tewi.2184

If you have any AoE skills, activate the skill but don’t cast it. The AoE circle should be able to help you feel out the edges of the platforms around you.

Posted by: Khalessi.3479

Khalessi.3479

I believe, as I am a warrior to, I just used the torch provided and it was enough for me to make it through. It’s a fun puzzle. But you can also use the AoE circle to feel out the edges like the previous poster said.

Posted by: Entity.3408

Entity.3408

Move as fast as possible with the torch, with very little room for error. I can make it to the last jump or two before it goes out.

Posted by: Calavera.1086

Calavera.1086

That’s why I love my engineer and his flamethrower

Shorty.9873

Wonder if the longbow would be good for it? Doesn’t it have an explosive shot?

Posted by: Fildydarie.1496

Fildydarie.1496

If you have the Fiery Dragon Sword skin unlocked in the Hall of Monuments, one or two of those gives more light than the torch.

-Fildydarie
Hutchmistress of the Fluffy Bunny Brigade [FBB]

Posted by: Drevin.6534

Drevin.6534

I haven’t used bow in a while, but I think you can equip the signet that gives you energy when used and then using the F1 skill should create a fire field. Again, this is from memories, haven’t used a bow in quite a while.

Posted by: valemiroqi.4309

valemiroqi.4309

After I did the puzzle like it’s supposed to be done the first time (using the torch) I usually just turn my Gamma all the way up in settings. I know its something that varies from screen to screen but I had a couple friends try it and they said it provided enough “light” for them to see the pillars and make the jump without the torch or the need to use any of the AoE rings. Just something for thought if you have abandoned everything else.

Maguuma Server
Malficium-Thief
Xalene-Elementalist

Shorty.9873

hahah yea I’ve done that as well. But I wanted to complete it without having to resort to that I’m going to test my longbow theory tonight I think.

Posted by: theerrantventure.9185

theerrantventure.9185

Gamma and AoE ring, brilliant!

Trolls are like stray cats.
Feed them and they multiply.
Please do not feed them.

Posted by: rgrwng.4072

rgrwng.4072

used ele fire skills to illuminate the area, and jumped while it lasted.

solution below (that’s my ele). my guild had a blast with this one. i wish the rest of the puzzles were this fun. especially the pirate theme.

Attachments:

(edited by rgrwng.4072)

Posted by: Digital Dragon.2697

Digital Dragon.2697

Like others have said, activate an aoe (but don’t use it), use the target to spot the rocks. Or tilt your monitor, you can see the shadows of the rocks.

Shorty.9873

Thanks guys this has been fun and informative! Have fun!

Posted by: Nkuvu.2570

Nkuvu.2570

I’ve done the puzzle a few times. I didn’t ever bring a light source with me, but I also didn’t have a problem where the lights didn’t come on. It took a bit of a wait, but the pirate ghost would turn on the lights briefly, I’d make a jump or three, then the lights would go out again.

As mentioned previously, though, when I didn’t want to wait for that I just played with gamma settings.