[LAW] Lulle's Advanced World-Completion Guide

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Lulleh.6714

Lulleh.6714

Hello hello,

Just dropping this off here. A project I’ve spent over 250 hours with for the past month.

http://tinyurl.com/OOPSLAW

What?
Near pixelperfect World Completion routes. The few exceptions of where it’s not exactly on point is where I had to draw a bit further away to avoid clutter.

How?
First I needed to get the maps. This is a lot more tedious than one may think since caves are not showing. To get that I had to manually walk into each cave and [screenshot, paste, cut, repeat] (I also had to make sure no vendors or my own character arrow was showing).

Once the maps were done it was time to make the actual routes. I started by Comparing the old maps (Dark Ronins) and gw2timer.com and then made my own route using those two as a template. Now it was time for the actual playing, where I did run the actual path as I filled it in using Photoshop on a second monitor (having the decided path on a third). Once that was done I logged another character and tested my route (quality control) to check if there was anything that were missed / overlooked.

If everything was alright it was time for the final polishing. I were working on multiple layers, to highlight if a path crosses with another one, this let me show which one is after (highest) or it could also be based on altitude (gliding above a running path). Also the first dot in a Waypoint path is on a layer above the default one. This is also where Spacers and Gliding Start indicators are added and finally the Oopsy Watermark!

Why?
Because no one else did this. There are older maps posted (which also gave me the idea). Not only are they outdated but also not optimized like mine. Then there’s gw2timer.com, a mess unlike any other. Neither do these two guides abuse Waypoints/Launch Pads or highlight Gliding paths.

Trivia

• The whole project has taken somewhere between 250-300 hours to complete.
  • I started this around July 16th.
  • The character(s) I used to make (and test) this were Engineers.

Don’t hesitate to contact me in-game for questions and/or please do let me know if Anet makes changes that affect this guide. I will keep it updated as long as I play GW2. If you feel like supporting me, I only accept in-game gold.

Hope you’ll enjoyed it!

(edited by Lulleh.6714)

Posted by: PuLoX.8371

PuLoX.8371

Looking good.
This is the best guide for world completion.

PLX

[Oops]PuLoX

Posted by: trub.1657

trub.1657

That is actually very impressive.
Thank you for your dedication and sharing

I have Splinter Barrage- I am a Ritualist.
I have a pet- I am a Ranger.
I have Avatar of Balthazar- I am a Dervish.

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

That looks awesome! I’m tempted to make a new alt just to try this out.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

this is awesome! well done

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Lulleh.6714

That looks awesome! I’m tempted to make a new alt just to try this out.

So am I lol, even though I just did it on 2 but it’d indeed be interesting to do it all in 1 go!

I’m glad you guys like it!

Posted by: ferdi.1452

ferdi.1452

Wow, this looks awesome. Definitely going to use this.

Posted by: EphemeralWallaby.7643

EphemeralWallaby.7643

This definitely needs to be stickied… maybe in Players Helping Players?

~EW

Lulleh.6714

This definitely needs to be stickied… maybe in Players Helping Players?

~EW

I was thinking about posting it there but I figured more people come to this section. A sticky would be nice indeed!

Donari.5237

Sticky would be fantastic! I reported the post to ask that it get a sticky.

Posted by: Nuggi.7861

Nuggi.7861

Amazing work Lulle \o/ I wanted to vote for sticky’ness, and I think I reported your post instead, haha!

Lulleh.6714

Amazing work Lulle \o/ I wanted to vote for sticky’ness, and I think I reported your post instead, haha!

LOL, such good friend!

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

Nice work, Lulleh!

Posted by: skigorn.7910

skigorn.7910

/applaud.

Very well done!

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

This is very nice, and I’m sure many players will benefit from the time and effort you’ve put into building such a comprehensive guide. Well done, Lulleh! I’m going to sticky this so more will see it.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Lulleh.6714

This is very nice, and I’m sure many players will benefit from the time and effort you’ve put into building such a comprehensive guide. Well done, Lulleh! I’m going to sticky this so more will see it.

Thank you so much! \o/

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

FYI a friend dreaded working on Lornar’s Pass (one of the last remaining for a Gift of Exploration) and I passed her a link to your site.

She said: “[the site] made it so easy to complete Lornar’s! This is so great.”

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Lulleh.6714

oh, I’m happy to hear that! I just updated Mount Maelstrom by the way. Someone pointed out a Quest that were “skippable” by buying the stuff for it, one I missed!

Donari.5237

A guildie started using your maps and reports that two instanced pois in Black Citadel are not shown. I have not personally checked this.

Lulleh.6714

A guildie started using your maps and reports that two instanced pois in Black Citadel are not shown. I have not personally checked this.

Did he/she say which? Feel free to ask and either reply here or send an in-game mail.

Lulleh.6714

Changelog:

> 3. September 2016

- Updated the following maps; Lion’s Arch, Hoelbrak, Divinity’s Reach, Black Citadel, and Rata Sum.

• Added some Spacers to make it more clear.
  • Tried to clean up some of the mess in Black Citadel (and make it more comperhensive).

- Changed upload/host-site from [imgur.com] to [tinyimg.io].
- Added further optimization per Class (thanks to Heapheaus.5238).
- Added Useful Tips section (thanks to Heapheaus.5238).

(edited by Lulleh.6714)

Lulleh.6714

Changelog:

> 7. September 2016

- Updated Snowden Drifts (thanks to Lizakowa for the tip). The Renown Heart in the left side border can now be completed a lot quicker.
- Added some more specific info on “About Face” for Thief & Mesmer.

(edited by Lulleh.6714)

Posted by: thorodenson.2907

thorodenson.2907

brilliant. love these. seriously good work

Ehmry Bay – [Para] – Thorr Is Mighty – Warrior

Lulleh.6714

brilliant. love these. seriously good work

Thanks! I’m glad you like them!

Lulleh.6714

Changelog:

> 18. September 2016

- Updated the Class Specific Optimization section with more Weapons, Swiftness & Movement skills/traits (thanks Skyland!).

Lulleh.6714

Just a little mini update, it’s come to my attention that Xik of Dark Ronins may not be the one who created the old maps but instead mrnice or Rill Soji. I don’t know which of these made it as mrnice wrote he made them but Rills post is 14 days newer, so I’ll just go ahead and credit them both.

Lulleh.6714

Changelog:

> 2. October 2016
Updated the Table of Contents.

• Added Launch Pads (thanks to RandomDragon for pointing it out).

(edited by Lulleh.6714)

Lulleh.6714

Changelog:
> 11. October 2016
- Updated Lion’s Arch, Hoelbrak, Divinity’s Reach, Black Citadel, The Grove, Rata Sum, Wayfarer Foothills, Plains of Ashford, Queensdale and Diessa Plateau.

• Lion’s Arch: Added Launch Pads & 2 Gliding spots, minor Path changes.
  • Hoelbrak: Added a comment, minor polishing.
  • Divinity’s Reach: Added a comment, changed the Path slightly minor polish.
  • Black Citadel: Changed the Path on 2 places (around 3rd & 6th WP), Path now end in Imperator’s Core.
  • The Grove: Changed the Path slightly, removed a comment, added a POI.
  • Rata Sum: Changed the Path (thanks Mini Balli) (at E -> J).
  • Wayfarer Foothills: Added details to complete the last Heart (Jotun Trading), removed a comment.
  • Plains of Ashford: Minor polish.
  • Queensdale: Changed path slightly (included Windloss Delves to the Quest), minor polish.
  • Diessa Plateau: Minor polish.

(edited by Lulleh.6714)

Lulleh.6714

Changelog:
> 12. October 2016
- Updated Queensdale and Caledon Forest.

• Queensdale: Added alternative path at Windloss Delves, in case the event is up (causing a cave-in, blocking the normal Path).
  • Caledon Forest: Changed the Quest Path for 3 quests. The one at TA, the Skritt one and the one around the Island (Fishing nets etc).

Lulleh.6714

Changelog:
> 13. October 2016
- Updated Metrica Province.

• Metrica Province: Changed the Path in the beginning of the map, added the use of another Waypoint (Cuatl Morass -> Michoan Marsh), embedded the Vista into the Quest at Inquest Outer Complex (making it a lot smoother), minor polish, changed a comment.
  • Brisban Wildlands: Minor polish at the first Waypoint in Skrittburgh.

(edited by Lulleh.6714)

Donari.5237

That you did this in the first place is amazing enough. That you continue to refine it is pure wonder. Thank you so much!

I’ve used the maps a few times while leveling an alt and they make map completion fun again. Now and then I finish the route, discover I am not finished and I realize it’s because I misread something or missed an entire branching path, not at all the fault of your map.

Though I would suggest, as long as you’re tweaking, in Straits of Devastation at the Tughra WP there is a poi just se of the WP. I don’t think the map points it out, just has the player run through it. But the HP right there tends to bend one’s path away from the poi. I’ve run into this on map clears done without your guide. Often it’s my last poi to find even though I’ve run right by it, as it seems to have a smaller “hit box” than many pois and it blends into the minimap textures.

Perhaps on that one you could do one of your little highlight notes pointing to the poi to tell the mapper to “tag this?”

Lulleh.6714

Thanks a lot for the input. I’m running through as we speak and I’ve also included that sneaky POI in the latest update.

Changelog:

> 21. October 2016
- Updated Diessa Plateau, Kessex Hills, Snowden Drifts, Lornar’s Pass and Straits of Devastation.

• Diessa Plateau: Minor polish.
  • Kessex Hills: Now using the Kessex Haven Waypoint after the POI north of Vithan’s Arm, minor polish.
  • Snowden Drifts: Added some height to the map to avoid clipping of Molengrad (in the south), minor polish.
  • Lornar’s Pass: Added comments at Nentor Valley & Icedevil’s Needle, removed a comment and made the path clearer north of Mistriven Gorge, minor polish, made the WP trail shorter at the end of “A”.
  • Fields of Ruin: Added/updated some spacers, added a alternative route(& comment) to get into Hunter’s Gorge if the door is closed, minor polish.
  • Gendarran Fields: Changed a comment, changed the approach (slightly) to the Pirate Ship HP, added some comments to a easily missed Waypoint and POI, added a gliding spot after the last HP.
  • Straits of Devastation: Added a few comments for some “obscure” POIs (thanks Donari for pointing it out).

(edited by Lulleh.6714)

Lulleh.6714

Changelog:

> 24. October 2016
- Updated Harathi Hinterlands and Bloodtide Coast.

• Harathi Hinterlands: Changed a comment in the beginning, added reminders for easy to miss POIs & Vistas, corrected the direction of teleport “A”, edited some comments to be more accurate, added some comments (tips) for some Quests, changed some stuff at Seraph’s Landing (added 2 comments, removed Gliding points, improved the path), minor polish.
  • Bloodtide Coast: Changed the order of Waypoint destinations before “A” to make it easier to follow, also replaced the Spacers (they look nicer now).

(edited by Lulleh.6714)

Lulleh.6714

Changelog:

> 26. October 2016
- Updated Bloodtide Coast:

• Added comments (reminders) to some POIs.
  • Added a Gliding spot and changed the path slightly at Bloody Bill’s Base.
  • Added a comment to complete the Quest east of Sorrowful Sound and changed the path slightly (Quest objects are marked too).
  • Rearranged the 1st Launch Pad path & removed the 2nd and 3rd (swimming was faster after all).
  • Added and removed Gliding paths and changed the general path around Laughing Gull Island (it’s less confusing now).
  • Removed “C” (pushing all Waypoints forward so old D is now C etc).
  • “B” now directly goes to to the Pirate Costume Quest (without using the Launch Pad (I also added a Spacer)).
  • Added a huge shortcut between Challdar’s Nest -> Gleaner’s Archway (Bogside Camp Waypoint) and Added a Video for it (it’s a bit tricky). Sorry about the sound by the way, it’s just some OBS settings I’ve tried (going back to previous settings).
  • Minor polish here and there.

- Updated Blazeridge Steppes:

• Added reminders for easy to miss POIs and Vistas.
  • Added/edited some comments around Ferrusatos Village.
  • Added some weapon-swap comments.
  • Corrected the comment for the skritt Event.
  • Big changes to the last 70% of the map (new glide spot, faster access to the Vista).
  • Improved the comment at Degun Shun.
  • Improved the Stealth path at Tawny Ridge and added a comment
  • Minor polish here and there.

(edited by Lulleh.6714)

Lulleh.6714

Changelog:

> 27. October 2016
- Updated Dredgehaunt Cliffs.

• Dreadgehaunt Cliffs: Removed an incorrectly placed Gliding start-line, added comments (reminders) to some POIs.

(edited by Lulleh.6714)

Lulleh.6714

Changelog:

> 30. October 2016
- Updated Timberline Falls.

• Timberline Falls: Added some useful comments, added reminders for easy to miss POIs/Vistas, minor polish.

(edited by Lulleh.6714)

Lulleh.6714

Changelog:

> 31. October 2016
- Updated Iron Marches.

• Iron Marches: Added reminders for easy to miss POIs, added some useful comments to Quests and locations, minor polish.

(edited by Lulleh.6714)

Lulleh.6714

Big update incoming! All maps are now updated.
Enjoy!

Changelog:

> 3. November 2016
- Updated Sparkfly Fen, Mount Maelstrom, Frostgorge Sound, Fireheart Rise, Straits of Devastation, Malchor’s Leap, Cursed Shore and Southsun Cove.

• Sparkfly Fen: Changed the color of the path at Fort Cadence (to fit the Quest better), changed a comment, added reminders for easy to miss POIs, removed a Glide spot and changed the Quest path south of Orvar’s Den and marked the Hunters needed for the Quest, marked all chests at Forvar’s Waypoints, minor polish.
  • Mount Maelstrom: Edited some comments, highlighted some NPCs of importance along the path, changed path slightly, added reminders for easy to miss POIs, added a small shortcut at the Stychs base, moved the Watermark slightly, added a Glide-start, minor path change, changed the Freeze Gun rotation to correctly show as 1,1,1,2,3(3 <— 3 again if target doesn’t die), changed font size from 10 to 11 (same as other maps).
  • Frostgorge Sound: Edited some comments, minor path change, removed the correct answers on the Koda NPCs (Balance) – it seems to be random, minor polish.
  • Fireheart Rise: Minor path change, added some comments/reminders (for easy to miss POIs + more), added a small shortcut.
  • Straits of Devastation: Minor path change, added 2 splitters in Fort Trinity, added reminders for easy to miss POIs & HPs.
  • Malchor’s Leap: Added some useful comments/reminders (for easy to miss POIs + more), minor change to the path.
  • Cursed Shore: Edited a comment, changed the route just after Compass Plaza (and added comments).
  • Southsun Cove: Added a comment, minor polish.

(edited by Lulleh.6714)

Lulleh.6714

Changelog:

> 4. November 2016
- Oopsy got a new website and the guide is now moved there!

(edited by Lulleh.6714)

Lulleh.6714

Changelog:

> 11. November 2016
- Updated Harathi Hinterlands.

• Harathi Hinterlands: Changed the completion of the Quest at Wildspine Hills (thanks Felix for letting me know!). [PICTURE]

Lulleh.6714

Changelog:

> 12. November 2016
- Updated Lornar’s Pass.

• Lornar’s Pass: Minor route adjustment at Lake of Lamentation; changed a comment in the same area (thanks Ideka).

Lulleh.6714

Changelog:

> 13. November 2016
- Updated Brisban Wildlands.

• Brisban Wildlands: Removed a unnecessary spacer, minor route adjustment at Nemeton Grove; changed a comment in the same area to make it into the cave without the need of a dodge-jump (thanks Ideka.7946). [PICTURE]

Lulleh.6714

Changelog:

> 17. November 2016
- Updated Timberline Falls.

• Timberline Falls: Added a shortcut at The Great Oouo, it’s a bit tricky but sure saves time (thanks Ideka.7946 for finding it and providing a tutorial video). [VIDEO]

Lulleh.6714

Changelog:

> 18. November 2016
- Updated Lion’s Arch, Black Citadel, Rata Sum and Wayfarer Foothills.

• Lion’s Arch: Added reminders for easy to miss POIs, minor polish.
  • Black Citadel: Minor polish.
  • Rata Sum: Minor polish.
  • Wayfarer Foothills: Minor path improvement; added a glide point at Hunter’s Lake (towards The Frozen Maw), minor polish.

(edited by Lulleh.6714)

Lulleh.6714

Changelog:

> 19. November 2016
- Updated Wayfarer Foothills.

• Wayfarer Foothills: Added reminders for easy to miss POIs, removed the “(bananas)” in a comment, updated the Quest path at Crossroads Haven.

(edited by Lulleh.6714)

Lulleh.6714

Changelog:

> 25. November 2016
- Updated Divinity’s Reach, Wayfarer Foothills, Caledon Forest, Fields of Ruin, Lornar’s Pass, Gendarran Fields and Frostgorge Sound (Thanks to Medevac for giving me all these tips!).

• Divinity’s Reach: Changed the route (and added spacers) after Plaza of Balthazar (instead of running along Balthazar High Road you’ll now Waypoint to Palace Waypoint).
  • Wayfarer Foothills: Changed the path at the Icesteppes.
  • Caledon Forest: Changed the path (and changed some spacers / glidepoints) from Brigid’s Overlook Waypoint (through Ventry Bay) and over to Sperrins Waypoint, Town of Cathal Waypoint now goes to Mabon Waypoint, minor polish.
  • Fields of Ruin: Changed the path after the first Quest (you now take the POI), the path is now tied together at Grimm Hills and “A” is moved to replace “B”, the end is now at Thunderbreak Hills.
  • Lornar’s Pass: Changed the path after Lake of Lamentation to continue over the bridge to the Durmand Priory, the “B” endpoint is now moved.
  • Gendarran Fields: Changed the path north of Brigantine Isles (1 less loading screen), changed the start to avoid another loading screen.
  • Frostgorge Sound: Updated the northen part of the map to fit with the new update “A Crack in the Ice”.

(edited by Lulleh.6714)

Lulleh.6714

Changelog:

> 26. November 2016
- Updated Fields of Ruin.

• Fields of Ruin: Fixed a typo (Pieces of Charr Scrap Metal).

Lulleh.6714

Changelog:

> 29. November 2016
- Updated Queensdale, Caledon Forest and Metrica Province.

• Queensdale: Added reminders for easy to miss POIs.
  • Caledon Forest: Added a small Waypoint path in the start (just after completing the first Quest).
  • Metrica Province: Minor polish.
  • Added a banner/header for the page \o/ (thanks DoeD for making it).

(edited by Lulleh.6714)

Lulleh.6714

Changelog:

> 30. November 2016
- Updated Brisban Wildlands.

• Brisban Wildlands: Made the path much more clear at The Shattered Henge & Toxal Bog (also changed some comments in the same area), minor polish.
  • Diessa Plateu: Added a Waypoint use after the first HP, changed the path at Gram Hills when going from the Waypoint to the HP (added a Glide spot & changed the spacer), updated the Quest path / comments at Charradis Estate, minor polish.

(edited by Lulleh.6714)

Lulleh.6714

Changelog:

> 1. December 2016
- Updated Kessex Hills, Snowden Drifts and Lornar’s Pass.

• Kessex Hills: Minor polish.
  • Snowden: Changed the path after Jormabakke Stead to remove 1 loading screen(Waypoint), moved the end of the path in relation to the path change, changed a comment, minor polish.
  • Lornar’s Pass: Added a comment at Skritt Hill and Frostgate Falls, updated the path at Frostgate Falls (go to Cave first and squash eggs, then kill Dredge), minor polish.

(edited by Lulleh.6714)