LW Season 2 before beginning Season 3?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: faunabay.9320

faunabay.9320

Now I understand this is a given that I should……so I could follow the story better. But the reason I’m hesitating is I would kind of like to do a season as its first being revealed with everyone else.
I haven’t done any LS content, other than my personal story, so how long would it take me to get through season 2 if I didn’t rush through? If I’m going to do it I want to take my time. Could I do season 2 and catch up with season 3 in time to finish with everyone else?

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

After completing personal story, living season 1 occurs but cannot be played at this moment. Living world season 2 is 8 chapters large I think. If you take it slow they should take you 2-3 days each. Maybe 4. If you take it leisurely a month is a lot of time. You’ll be done faster than that. Living world season 2 is a precursor to the story of Hot. Hot can take a little longer completely depending on how long it will take you to unlock the necessary masteries

Posted by: altermaven.7385

altermaven.7385

I would advise you take your time going through LW Season 2 as it gives you a lead-in to what Heart of Thorns is all about, as well as a start on the Mawdrey backpack and some other one-shot loot. After you get through most of HoT, you can follow up with LW Season 3 (as it succeeds the events from HoT).

Again, I would advise taking time and doing things slow. If you rush, you’ll find yourself in rough patches quite often.

“To be rid of chaos, all must restore the balance.”
Part of the [PORT] mystical tour – “Marilee Mangletooth.” What main?
Something something Autechre fanatic.

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I don’t think a chapter would take 2-3 days. Maybe that long to take your time to savor your way through the entire 8 chapters of LS2. The HoT chapters vary but overall should take no longer than that. And the LS3 chapters can be done even faster.

Assuming you’re not spending time on other parts of the game, of course, and have the masteries needed for HoT and later (bouncing mushrooms, updrafts, and Exalted portal stones).

faunabay.9320

Thank you all. I wish it were different but I’ve read about and understand why we can’t go through season 1 now. And you’ve all given me a better idea of how long it would take me to leisurely get through season 2. So that’s what I’ll do. ;-)

Posted by: altermaven.7385

altermaven.7385

The reason why Living World S1 can no longer be accessed was that it was presented before one of the big updates that introduced the Story Journal which allowed you to queue future LW seasons and HoT on a whim. They would have to re-program the introduction mechanics to bring LW S1 back, but the process is highly unfeasable at a cost standpoint (and also without breaking some ingame stuff).

“To be rid of chaos, all must restore the balance.”
Part of the [PORT] mystical tour – “Marilee Mangletooth.” What main?
Something something Autechre fanatic.

Posted by: DreamyAbaddon.3265

DreamyAbaddon.3265

Thank you all. I wish it were different but I’ve read about and understand why we can’t go through season 1 now. And you’ve all given me a better idea of how long it would take me to leisurely get through season 2. So that’s what I’ll do. ;-)

Wait!!!

Before you play Season 2….
I compiled a 2hour video on Season 1 cutscenes you should watch first to know what happened in Season 1 and to get to know the characters better.

Also the story goes in this order:

Season 1 → Season 2 → Heart of Thorns → Season 3

So be sure to watch this video before playing Season 2.

Click the link below:

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

I compiled a 2hour video on Season 1 cutscenes you should watch first to know what happened in Season 1 and to get to know the characters better.

This is a great idea! I’m saving the link for people who ask about Season 1. (I wish ANet had taken this route, instead of the 30 second highlight reel they used instead.)

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I didn’t watch the whole thing, but nothing before The Secret of Southsun?

Posted by: Greener.6204

Greener.6204

Wait!!!

Also the story goes in this order:

Season 1 -> Season 2 -> Heart of Thorns -> Season 3

So be sure to watch this video before playing Season 2.

Click the link below:

That was an amazing video, thank you! I wish I had made some popcorn before starting it. I was only able to play bits and pieces of LS1, and that filled in so many gaps .

G R E E N E R

DreamyAbaddon.3265

I didn’t watch the whole thing, but nothing before The Secret of Southsun?

If you find any youtube videos someone made with footage that shows cutscenes and dialogues of Season 1 story that I have not used then please be sure to send me the link so I may extract the footage and add it to my Season 1 Movie video.

It was not easy for me to find these footage and edit them together in a coherent storytelling way cause most of the video footage I find people are using on youtube have commentary on which defeats the purpose of the (All Cutscene) Style I’m going for.

So far the video I compiled from other channels and edit are the major and most important story parts that everyone should watch before playing GW2 Season 2 story. I hope you enjoy it and please keep me updated if you find more videos I can use to add too this Movie so we can share with the community. As they say, Sharing is Caring. =)

(edited by DreamyAbaddon.3265)

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

No, thanks. I’m not much for watching old gameplay videos. Been there, done that (in-game).

Good luck, though.

DreamyAbaddon.3265

No, thanks. I’m not much for watching old gameplay videos. Been there, done that (in-game).

Good luck, though.

Fair enough =)

Donari.5237

This one has a little bit of cinematic of Lost Shores karka arrival
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PU6Vjen5kY
(mostly UI visible stuff though)

Here is the trailer for it — does not show lighthouse getting wrecked but has good arrival cinematic
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2ddErJ2c5I

Here’s a summary of Flame and Frost — has a voice over but includes the cinematics and the voice over is explaining the lore of the story, not the game play.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Zk-07TUYb4

My dinner’s about ready so I don’t have time to review this one but it may have extractable portions for you as it bills itself as the definitive movie of Flame and Frost.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kx2K7nxM374

Braham’s confrontation with Knut https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxsWOYBjd9E

DreamyAbaddon.3265

This one has a little bit of cinematic of Lost Shores karka arrival
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PU6Vjen5kY
(mostly UI visible stuff though)

Here is the trailer for it — does not show lighthouse getting wrecked but has good arrival cinematic
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2ddErJ2c5I

Here’s a summary of Flame and Frost — has a voice over but includes the cinematics and the voice over is explaining the lore of the story, not the game play.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Zk-07TUYb4

My dinner’s about ready so I don’t have time to review this one but it may have extractable portions for you as it bills itself as the definitive movie of Flame and Frost.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kx2K7nxM374

Braham’s confrontation with Knut https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxsWOYBjd9E

Thanks!
I’m working on updating my GW1 Season 1 Movie video by adding more story cutscene footage! I’ll let you guys know when it’s done here on this thread for those interested. =)

Posted by: onevstheworld.2419

onevstheworld.2419

Look’s great.

If you’re redoing your video with the extra footage, can you split it into several shorter videos? I can’t speak for others… but personally my attention span will struggle with a nearly 2 hour clip.

DreamyAbaddon.3265

Look’s great.

If you’re redoing your video with the extra footage, can you split it into several shorter videos? I can’t speak for others… but personally my attention span will struggle with a nearly 2 hour clip.

I may consider it.
But at the mean time I’m making this for people who want to sit down, eat popcorn and watch it like a movie… =P When that is done I may cut it in smaller sections as “Episodes” for those who prefer to watch it your way and may not have much time to watch the entire thing at once. Just hang in there.

I will most likely number the episodes when I start working on them as smaller sections that way it would be easier for people to look for the part they missed on my channel and continue to watch them through there. Only problem is these game footage don’t belong too me and I am only extracting them, editing them and re-uploading them on my channel and I don’t want to get in trouble by the original content creators so I wont be monetizing them. (I havn’t monetized any videos I made that belong too me yet either) but someday I might monetize my own work when I make enough content of my own. For now I’m making this so we can all look back and enjoy the Season 1 story before we start playing Season 2. For new and old players. =)

DreamyAbaddon.3265

Can anyone help me find Twilight Assault Story dungeon WITHOUT Commentary so I can get those cutscenes too add to my GW2 Season 1 Movie?

Any help would be appreciated cause finding the full dungeon footage for that is painful.
ty!

DreamyAbaddon.3265

Good news guys!
I’ve been working on finding new footage to improve on the GW2 Season 1 full story and so far it’s going so well! Doing some hard core editing to create the coherent story telling experience with the footage I found on youtube.

Don’t worry I wont be adding any season 2 spoilers since some of the original footage explains things that you later discover in Season 2. This GW2 Season 1 movie will be strickly things you’d learn in Season 1 only that way you can fully enjoy Season 2 after watching the video. =) I’ll also need to make links to original source I got the footage to channels I borrowed though I dont remember all of them but the ones I do I will add them once I update my video!

faunabay.9320

Wow that’s a lot of work Dreamy but a great way to get caught up for those of us who missed Season One. Huge thanks! Although I’ll have to watch it a bit at a time. :-)

DreamyAbaddon.3265

A full complete Movie with all cutscenes and story lore of Season 1 for all who have missed it or wish to revisit the story before continuing the game with Season 2 in mind.
There are NO spoilers for Season 2 and beyond with this Movie.

Credits go to all the original content creators.
The Credits start @ 5:22
Please Support their channel!!!

Here’s the link to the video:

(edited by DreamyAbaddon.3265)

Posted by: Plautze.6290

Plautze.6290

You, Sir, have done a great favor to GW2-loving mankind!
Your Video deserves to be sticky’d, so that generations to come may benefit from your efforts! Thanks a gazillion times!

Rohan Blackraven | Allister Mortis | Mindblower Torxx

Amaimon.7823

I don’t think a chapter would take 2-3 days. Maybe that long to take your time to savor your way through the entire 8 chapters of LS2. The HoT chapters vary but overall should take no longer than that. And the LS3 chapters can be done even faster.

Assuming you’re not spending time on other parts of the game, of course, and have the masteries needed for HoT and later (bouncing mushrooms, updrafts, and Exalted portal stones).

A chapter will take 2-3 days if you take your time reading all the stuff and talking to all the NPCs and do the events at occur outside the story instance.
Yes I know it’s a weird notion, but some events help understand what’s happening in story instances because some events are directly corrolated

Amaimon.7823

A full complete Movie with all cutscenes and story lore of Season 1 for all who have missed it or wish to revisit the story before continuing the game with Season 2 in mind.

I hereby dub thee Saint Abaddon (wait.. would that make some gods angry?)

Attachments:

DreamyAbaddon.3265

I hereby dub thee Saint Abaddon (wait.. would that make some gods angry?)

Thanks for the blessings! =)
The Link has been updated and the Movie has been enhanced and finalized.
Follow the new link here:

Posted by: notebene.3190

notebene.3190

Watched a little over an hour last night on my Roku.

So many little passive things (besides the bigger, obvious things like the original Lion’s Arch) about the video make me nostalgic for things that no longer exist in the game too.

Oh well, nice to get to see them again.

DreamyAbaddon.3265

Watched a little over an hour last night on my Roku.

So many little passive things (besides the bigger, obvious things like the original Lion’s Arch) about the video make me nostalgic for things that no longer exist in the game too.

Oh well, nice to get to see them again.

I’m glad you enjoyed it! =)

Donari.5237

Ah yes, I commented to a friend while watching it that it was odd to see Jennah and Anise using the old female human animations

Posted by: notebene.3190

notebene.3190

Ah yes, I commented to a friend while watching it that it was odd to see Jennah and Anise using the old female human animations

If seeing that was the issue, they still could have solved the whole thing completely differently, without removing them entirely from the game.

Donari.5237

No no no, I didn’t mean odd in a bad way, I just meant I’d almost forgotten that NPCs used them during instances just as much as PCs did. I miss the animations, they spawned a whole disadvantage part of RP for my human necro as she has a bad back (thanks to large chest + tiny waist) and the idles were her stretches to relieve it

This video has been a trip down memory lane in small matters as well as big story.