Late Blossoms

Late Blossoms

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: jia li ng.8415

jia li ng.8415

I’ve been attempting to craft “Mawdrey” …
I have gotten as far as the mysterious sprout, I was wondering if anyone knew where to take my “Pile of Phantasmal Residue” to infuse it into “Weirded Phantasmal Residue” …

According to Wiki, you simply go to the “Ascalonian Aqueduct” and you can infuse it, well, that might have been the case before the release of “Heart of Thorns” …
before “Skill Points” became “Hero Points” … and even when you click on your Pile of Phantasmal Residue it shows you to go to the Ascalonian Aqueduct …

Did something change in the mechanics with the name change or is the Wiki in need of an update as to where you go to infuse the residue …

After sixteen failed attempts using my level 80 characters, I wonder if I should try one of my level 20 characters and try again, or just go to every Skill Point ( I meant Hero point) exploring the entire world of Tyria for where I might infuse my residue …

or maybe crafting Mawdrey was only something that select few could achieve.

(edited by jia li ng.8415)

Late Blossoms

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

What happens when you take the Residue to the Hero Point in Ascalonian Aqueduct and press F?

And do you have any other items that interact with Hero Points in your inventory? I’ve not done this step myself for a long time but I know that there are multiple items which can interact with Hero Points and some ‘over ride’ others. Quartz Crystal is a common offender, if you have any in your inventory you’ll only see the option to charge it, not to use the Residue.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Late Blossoms

Posted by: Tanner Blackfeather.6509

Tanner Blackfeather.6509

I did that one recently, within the last month or two. (well after HoT as I didn’t even play before that)
It functioned exactly as expected – have the item in the inventory, interact with the Hero Point by pressing “F”. I don’t remember if I had to choose “Commune with this place of power” or if it gave a separate option.

If that doesn’t work – bug report and contact CS to see if they can help.

Late Blossoms

Posted by: jia li ng.8415

jia li ng.8415

Thank you both for your absolutely wonderful advice, after removing everything from my bags and only having the Phantasmal Residue-Doodle-Dew, I was finally able to obtain the Weirded Residue …

Your comments are greatly appreciated, Thank You again.