Laurels

Laurels

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Hallwaxer.8247

Hallwaxer.8247

So, I’m currently lvl 72. What should I spend my Laurels?

Laurels

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Most people use them to buy ascended items. The other options are more or less for trading laurels for gold.

I got the cat tonic.

Laurels

Posted by: Hallwaxer.8247

Hallwaxer.8247

So, the 2 items you get are ascended?

Laurels

Posted by: locoman.1974

locoman.1974

Best thing to spend laurels for the time being are rings and amulets. You can also get accesories, but those also need 50 ectos to purchase, you’re much better doing guild missions, as 12 guild commendations will get you one accesory (you can get up to 6 a week if you do all missions). If your guild doesn’t do missions, or you’re not in a guild, plenty of guilds advertise their missions on reddit ( http://www.reddit.com/r/GuildMissions ) and will throw you a temporary invite so you can get your commendations.

A word of advice, you can also get them for 10 laurels less if you have 250 badges of honor, if you’ve been doing some achievements, chances are you already have at least enough for one item from the achievement chests you get every 500 achievement points.

It’s a pile of Elonian protection magic, mixed with a little monk training,
wrapped up in some crazy ritualist hoo-ha from Cantha.
A real grab bag of ‘you can’t hurt me. They’re called Guardians.

Laurels

Posted by: Adine.2184

Adine.2184

Ascended gear . It should be noted however that you can only have one of each item since they are considered unique ( ie 1 vassars band and 1 ralenas band ) .

Laurels

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

It really depends on what you want to get.

I got all the one-time crafting packs first, simply so they’d be off the list and I could stop debating when to get them (and also because if I levelled crafting too high before getting them they’d be pointless).

Then I got Chauncy von Snuffles III (mini pet).

Then they added achievement chests and I found myself with a bunch of badges of honor and heard they replaced gold and some of the laurels when buying ascended items so I got my first ascended ring.

Next I’m debating between getting the other ring for my main or saving up for the other mini.

I know someone who has only ever used them to buy dyes, and says they will never buy anything else with them.

I wouldn’t say there’s any strict right or wrong answers. Ascended items are probably the most useful, but unless you’re doing high level fractals you don’t need them, so you can get what you want.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Laurels

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

I got a puppy.

Fractal players go for ascended.

Coin poor players buy T6 mats and sell them.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes