Left handed players

Left handed players

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: shadowsbane.5278

shadowsbane.5278

So just need opinions I am left handed and currently play a weird way. How do you all play as left handed. I have the mouse on the left and was using the arrows and keys around it and just switched to trying to use just the number pad keys with the mouse still on the left. Just trying to find an easier configuration. Should I just give up and play right handed. My keyboard is the razr deathstalker and I use just a regular wireless mouse on the left side but we all have the razer naga on the right side I just don’t use it,

Left handed players

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

Well unfortunately, all gaming input devices are going to be made based on a right hand configuration. I know lots of Left handed people that have simply learned to deal with having to use a mouse with their right hand (of course the mouse buttons can be swapped, but that does not help when all games default keyboard controls for right handed play).

Seriously, there has to be some “lefty” gamer websites out there that specialize in what southpaws need to do for PC gaming.

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

Left handed players

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

I know Razer has some left-handed versions of mice, as well as some older models with flippable side panels so it can be used properly by both left- and right-handed players.

Here are a couple currently on their site:
Razer DeathAdder Left-Hand Edition (US$59.99 & free shipping)

Razer Naga Left-Handed Edition (US$79.99 & free shipping)

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

(edited by StinVec.3621)

Left handed players

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

Well unfortunately, all gaming input devices are going to be made based on a right hand configuration.

Actually that’s not strictly true. You can get left-handed gaming mice, even one MMO mouse (Razer Naga).

I’m left-handed and I’ve never found PC gaming particularly difficult. I use a mouse with a right-handed set-up (so the left button is left click, right button is right click) with my left hand, which I think is what most left-handed people do. Mine is a Logitech G400 which has an extra 3 buttons on top and two on the left side. You’re meant to push those with your thumb but the way I hold it I’m able to push them with the side of my ring finger.

As for the keyboard what works for me is using the number pad for my skills and my thumb on the arrow keys to move. Then I have F1-4 across the top and weapon swap, take target and dodge on the +, enter and del buttons.

My husband is left-handed too and he uses WASD with 1-5 in their normal positions and the other skills mapped around the movement keys. (He also re-mapped A and D to be strafe rather than turn.) With his right hand on the keyboard and left hand on the mouse.

Basically I think for anyone, right or left handed, it’s a matter of experimenting to find what’s comfortable for you.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Left handed players

Posted by: Rainbow Sprint.3215

Rainbow Sprint.3215

Mouse on the left and normal WASD with my right hand. Done it so much it’s pretty simple to do now. Anything I dont need to to press often, like my change to town clothes key, is bound on the right side of my keys.

Left handed players

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

I should not have said ALL but MOST in my post. Sorry if that implied nobody makes stuff for southpaws (not the case).

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

Left handed players

Posted by: Crossplay.2067

Crossplay.2067

I play normally with skills 1 to 5 set as normal. Skill 6 is Q, 7 is E, 8 is mouse 4, 9 is mouse 5 and 0 is the mouse scroll button. This really has nothing to do with me being left-handed. I can simply react faster with this setup.

While on the subject, I wish there was a way to flip the weapon animations so that my characters were left-handed. It’s a nitpick but sometimes I find it jarring that they are right-handed. It just doesn’t feel right.

Left handed players

Posted by: Batdogi.7142

Batdogi.7142

The few (read 2) left handed gamers I know usually map WASD to the num pad. That said I bought my non-gaming sister a left handed keyboard a year or so ago. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA1ST0FT6063&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleMKP&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleMKP-_-pla-_-Home+Gadgets-_-9SIA1ST0FT6063&ef_id=Upf5nQAAAXcw9wv@:20140416000824:s

Also as mentioned Razer makes some good left handed mice and the boomslang series is built for either handedness peoples.

“Because a thing seems difficult for you, do not think it impossible for anyone to accomplish.”
? Marcus Aurelius Antoninus

Left handed players

Posted by: Chaotic Storm.2815

Chaotic Storm.2815

I’ve seen some left handed mouse. I think most MMO are pretty decent for trying to make it possible. tho its usual in the form of hot keys.

#ELEtism

Left handed players

Posted by: Hayashi.3416

Hayashi.3416

The Ouroboros and Lachesis are also ambidextrous mice, while there’s a left handed specific Naga version.

Left handed players

Posted by: bluestocking.6148

bluestocking.6148

I use the mouse on the left and map all my skills to the number pad. Weapon swap is right CTRL, and so on. I only use the keyboard for movement when I want to dodge (down arrow).

I am destruction itself. I also bake cookies.