Legendary Bifrost

Legendary Bifrost

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: CathShadow.9507

CathShadow.9507

So, I’m sitting trying to get bifrost … after a year….

Biggest problems are a) the Legend;
b) globs of ecto
c) crystalline dust…

at this point I have 70 gold left (after buying gift of colour, and gift of energy recipes and 100 icy loadstones). I’ve done gift of mastery, and gift of energy..

Does anyone have any advice on progressing further with this?

Hounds of Hades [HH] – Contact us for raid training!

Legendary Bifrost

Posted by: Mystic Starfish.2586

Mystic Starfish.2586

lots of dungeons for transferring exotics into forge food, or buying the 30 token rares and salvaging those for your ectos/dust. I know how you feel, I’m down to just lodestones and the precursor for Frostfang, but if Anet doesn’t do something about the precursor soon, I’m gonna be crying as I desperately chuck my life into the forge.

Legendary Bifrost

Posted by: mercury ranique.2170

mercury ranique.2170

a) The legend – keep trying to dump all green/yellow/orange stakitten that are level 76 or up in the forge. If this fails, before the end of the year anet will release a garanteed, no luck required (but challenging) way of making your precursor.
b) Ecto’s: I did a lot of world bosses and got all the ecto’s I need easily. using an overlay is very help-full to track them and do bout 6-10 per day.
c) See B, crystaline dust can be salvaged from ecto’s, so when you done with getting the ecto’s you need, keep doing those world events and slavage the extra ecto’s

I haven’t tried it myself yet, but the champion-zerg in frostgorge sounds promising too, to get rare’s.

Also using all other resources to get money to buy ecto’s and dust helps a lot.
1: use your karma on orrian jewelboxes. open them, and use excess karma again to get more jewelboxes. Sell the junk to a merchant and the lodestones on the TP. This gives a nice amount of money.
2: Use laurels for tier 6 mats boxes from the laurelvendor. You get dust out of them, sell all others (assuming you have a stack of each) on the TP.

Arise, ye farmers of all nations
Arise, opressed of Tyria!

Legendary Bifrost

Posted by: TheJokester.4672

TheJokester.4672

Yea mercury is pretty spot on but I wouldn’t waste my laurels on the t6 bag or karma and I wouldnt chuck my staf in the forge I put over 3000 greatswords of lvl 80 rare and exotic quality in the forge and didnt get dusk or dawn eventually just paid out for dusk and thank goodness i did b4 it hit then 900g mark 702g ftw but I would say yes any lingering dungeon relics for cof coe hotw and arah trade for the rare weapons/armor and salvage for ecto plus hey you get roughly 60 per path per day and 1g I’d do a few of them here and there but do other things too or you will get burned out the legend I would wait to craft because i don’t think it’s going down anytime soon because of bifrost aesthetic upgrade

Legendary Bifrost

Posted by: Firefly.5982

Firefly.5982

For Crystalline Dust: Do NOT just salvage your ectos. Compare ecto ad dust prices on the TP. Currently it is more profitable to sell your ectos and then buy order the dust directly. The rate is about 1.5 dust per ecto on average so unless the ecto price is no higher than 1.5 times the dust price, buy the dust directly. ALWAYS calculate this as it changes a lot.

Legendary Bifrost

Posted by: LCV.7245

LCV.7245

I’ve been farming up for Bifrost as well and I know the pain you feel. I, however, do not think that Anet should make the legendary process any easier, as many other players do. These weapons are legendary. How does it make any sense to make their acquisition process easy? Only a legendary player should be allowed to wield a legendary weapon.

The Pleb Army | 80 Sylvari Mesmer | 80 Norn Warrior | 80 Asura Ranger | 80 Asura Necromancer |
80 Sylvari Thief | 80 Human Elementalist | 80 Asura Guardian | 80 Asura Engineer |
80 Sylvari Revenant

Legendary Bifrost

Posted by: mercury ranique.2170

mercury ranique.2170

I’ve been farming up for Bifrost as well and I know the pain you feel. I, however, do not think that Anet should make the legendary process any easier, as many other players do. These weapons are legendary. How does it make any sense to make their acquisition process easy? Only a legendary player should be allowed to wield a legendary weapon.

I think nobody said that the process should be easier or is going to be easier. The plans for the precursor are not to make it easier, but to make it require no luck. Luck has nothing to do with how good a player you are.

Arise, ye farmers of all nations
Arise, opressed of Tyria!

Legendary Bifrost

Posted by: LCV.7245

LCV.7245

I think nobody said that the process should be easier or is going to be easier. The plans for the precursor are not to make it easier, but to make it require no luck. Luck has nothing to do with how good a player you are.

I agree that luck has nothing to do with your skill level as a player. That being said, making the legendary process completely predictable and arbitrary is not what Anet is striving for. It is clear that GW2 is a game developed to build personal story and encourage a strong community (everything from combo’s to WvW).

Making the legendary process completely predictable and well established completely eradicates the potential of individuality. There are players out there who get to boast about getting their 77 clovers on their first 77 tries. Those players are very few and far between, but they exist. At the same time, there are those that needed 400 tries. It’s an individual experience.

I guess what I am getting at is, there are different ways for a player to amass what they need for their legendary, whether it be farming it directly from creeps, farming heavy loot bags, or just using the TP. Use of the mystic forge is another element of the legendary process that is necessary because it enforces a factor of individuality (that the player does not have control over). Attaining a precursor is arguably the hardest part of the legendary process, as luck generally involved, though the item could just as easily be purchased. Implying that Anet may someday change this is to imply that Anet will betray the very fundamentals that they used to develop all of GW2.

Just as a side note, the only parts of the legendary process that can’t be directly farmed are the Gift of Battle and Mystic Clovers. What I mean is, every other required material for a legendary can be farmed in definite ways or purchased through gold, karma, skill points, etc. The Gift of Battle is the only Gift that introduces a more human factor because it requires participation in WvW (unless you just use the achievement chests). Basically, you can easily open up the trading post and see how much your precursor costs. If you’re looking for a process that doesn’t require any luck whatsoever, then go farm up that much gold and buy it.

The Pleb Army | 80 Sylvari Mesmer | 80 Norn Warrior | 80 Asura Ranger | 80 Asura Necromancer |
80 Sylvari Thief | 80 Human Elementalist | 80 Asura Guardian | 80 Asura Engineer |
80 Sylvari Revenant