Legendary Hunting Guild.

Legendary Hunting Guild.

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: zBluRrYz.1347

zBluRrYz.1347

Heyyyo, Blurry here. Me and my friend have an idea. I’ve been grinding away at my legendary for over 2 months now. The grind is slow and painful, but i slowly approach my goal. How about we make this process easier. Not just for me, but for everyone!

I want to make a guild with 5-10 people. The entire guild is dedicated to making legendaries for the members. Here is an example. Player x needs his legendary. Players w,y,z help him till he is complete. Through mats, gold, etc. Now i see problems with this. People will not be happy if it’s not their turn. That’s why i want DEDICATED people to do this. Those who are willing to help for help in the future. Think about it! A legendary with one dedicated person takes 3-4 months to complete. With 10 people the work is divided. This now becomes a 2 week task! If i can find the right people for this, just imagine how fast we could get stuff done! But remember! This is 100% help. Giving the person every mat, every gold you make, everything till the legendary is achieved. If you are interested, please message me. I would really like 5-10 people who are absolutely dedicated to this! Thanks guys! Blurry out!

Legends Never [DIE].
B L U R R Y. Thiefy Thief Thief

Legendary Hunting Guild.

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

So who decides who gets theirs first and and you really trust somebody that you don’t really know? That’s ignoring the fact that after someone gets their legendary, they’re still tied down to farm for everyone else which may be equal to or greater than the time it would take to farm solo.

You’re better off using the guild to facilitate farm groups where people can keep their own loot.

Legendary Hunting Guild.

Posted by: lisamee.2408

lisamee.2408

I think its too risky to expect other players to help one person at a time get a legendary.

Why not make a large guild with the goal of “getting our legendarys”. And have organized events to work on, such as “world exploration completion”. As a large group it should be faster to complete the objectives.

Legendary Hunting Guild.

Posted by: xiede.8543

xiede.8543

I’m sure you are your friend would have no problems being the last two in this group to get their legendaries, right?

See… I would do something like this (if I knew the people well). I’d even sacrifice me getting a legendary to get a friend theirs.

The problem is… I can’t honestly say whether I will be playing still in two months, let alone two weeks (just due to real life issues that take far more precidence). I can’t say that the work and grinding I could do today would be the same I could do in a few weeks.

And that is where the system will break down.

The first person in the list will get lucky and get it done faster and everyone else… it’ll collapse on.

It’s like trying to get a ponzi scheme setup in game.

Legendary Hunting Guild.

Posted by: Culwenimos.1594

Culwenimos.1594

If this is between a group of close friends or members then this just means that one of its members is sacrificing their time spent on another member. This is sort of a pyramid scheme. The bottom lot who draw the short straw will have to wait longer than if they just did it themselves.

Measuring effort across can also be an issue. Depreciating effort possibly from those who have got their legendary and no longer have incentive to contribute.

As Ayrilana said, better to form/join a dedicated farming guild. Or find those worthy of being your 10 disciples.

Legendary Hunting Guild.

Posted by: Revan.6259

Revan.6259

I agree with lisamee – a guild with organized events to progress towards getting a legendary would work much better. You know, you could have WvWvW events to work towards getting Badges of Honor, or Map Completion events, or an event to go open the Temple of Balthazar.

This would work much better because not only would everyone be making progress at the same time, but many of the things needed for a legendary are account bound, meaning that everyone would have to do those parts themselves anyway (such as getting the karma/fractal relics to buy Obsidian Shards).

Best of luck.

Legendary Hunting Guild.

Posted by: Glitch.6849

Glitch.6849

This is going to turn out as a Pyramid Scheme ain’t it?

This one’s been asking for donations and created at least 3 threads for donations for their legendary. At least their not asking anymore.

Once the first one gets their legendary what’s stopping them from walking out? You don’t know what the people in the ‘guild’ are like. Are they there genuinely or for personal gain? So you will need more members to support the others for their legendary.

Skeptical me is thinking = Pyramid Scheme.

Players that I KNOW have helped me deserve my help. Not some random stranger asking for free tier 6 mats.

Make the guild for folks getting their legendary to organise a schedule like one of the above posted to make it less boring instead if asking for handouts.

I wonder if I’ll see Awesome and the others here soon.
Just get the legendary solo like many others, it doesn’t even take that long in MMO terms.

Legendary Hunting Guild.

Posted by: Awesome.6120

Awesome.6120

I wonder if I’ll see Awesome and the others here soon.

Oh hi!

This just goes to show: begging on the forum doesn’t work. Save your dignity people.

[SFD] – Maguuma

Legendary Hunting Guild.

Posted by: Glitch.6849

Glitch.6849

^ Yay! You didn’t disappoint!

Folks this Blurry’s been asking for ‘donations’ for three threads now. Take this as you will.

So you wouldn’t mind if I went first to get my legendary? The character I want it on is lvl1, it’s fine if I go first? Oh thank you! Ty, Ty.

Legendary Hunting Guild.

Posted by: Mimizu.7340

Mimizu.7340

guilds were formed for this exact purpose during the headstart.

they formed to make the first legendary in the game.

i can see the point to doing that, being first and all.

but this? i dont know what this is.

bored of grinding alone? need some suckers to help?

meh.

Mimizu Heavy Industries [Doll] – Underworld

Legendary Hunting Guild.

zBluRrYz.1347

Glitch, take into consideration, this was NOT my idea. It my friend Samuels. I think it is a good idea. Like i said, it WILL be hard to find members for this, that is the main problem with it. Who gets theirs next will be decided using a RNG. The only issue is the people. Which no one here is helping with. I’ll find a group though. Reddit would probably hold better results. Forums mods can close this thread. Useless responses and unconstuctive results.

Legends Never [DIE].

Legendary Hunting Guild.

Ayrilana.1396

You’ll get the same reaction anywhere you post. The idea to form a guild and go for one legendary at a time is horribly flawed. It just won’t work with random people.

You’re better off doing what I and others suggested and forming a guild where everyone works towards their own legendary together.

Legendary Hunting Guild.

zBluRrYz.1347

You’ll get the same reaction anywhere you post. The idea to form a guild and go for one legendary at a time is horribly flawed. It just won’t work with random people.

You’re better off doing what I and others suggested and forming a guild where everyone works towards their own legendary together.

Doing something awesome isn’t easy. Of course it’s going to be hard. I already have 4 people though that i know and trust. Wont be too hard to find a couple more. Please keep your ideas that it wont work to yourself.

Legends Never [DIE].

Legendary Hunting Guild.

Awesome.6120

So lets say a legendary takes 1000 hours to make (just a random number) and you have 10 people working on it. It would take 100 hours to complete. You need to make 10 of them though, taking 1000 hours.

You might say that farming in a group will speed things up and I agree, but it would speed things up equally if everyone was working on their own items and farming together.

I don’t get it other than as a scheme of some sort.

[SFD] – Maguuma

Legendary Hunting Guild.

zBluRrYz.1347

So lets say a legendary takes 1000 hours to make (just a random number) and you have 10 people working on it. It would take 100 hours to complete. You need to make 10 of them though, taking 1000 hours.

You might say that farming in a group will speed things up and I agree, but it would speed things up equally if everyone was working on their own items and farming together.

1000 Hours? Im nearly done mine and ive spent 400. Clearly people here dont know that teamwork DOES actually exist out there. Just gotta find it.

Legends Never [DIE].

Legendary Hunting Guild.

Awesome.6120

Like I said, 1000 hours was just a random number for argument’s sake. The actual number doesn’t really matter.

[SFD] – Maguuma

Legendary Hunting Guild.

zBluRrYz.1347

The actual number matters a ton actually. lol

Legends Never [DIE].

Legendary Hunting Guild.

Awesome.6120

ok….

So lets say a legendary takes 400 hours to make (just a random number) and you have 10 people working on it. It would take 40 hours to complete. You need to make 10 of them though, taking 400 hours.

[SFD] – Maguuma

Legendary Hunting Guild.

Ayrilana.1396

No. No it doesn’t. Look into the concept of fractions. He used a very simplified example so that you could understand it.

No matter how many people you get to help, you’ll all still be working the same amount of time as if you had done it solo or just farmed together but kept the loot for yourself.

Legendary Hunting Guild.

zBluRrYz.1347

No. No it doesn’t. Look into the concept of fractions. He used a very simplified example so that you could understand it.

No matter how many people you get to help, you’ll all still be working the same amount of time as if you had done it solo or just farmed together but kept the loot for yourself.

Finishing stuff fast is awesome though. Keeps you motivated. It’s an idea i have and im gonna try and i think if i can find 2 or 3 more people. It will go smoothly

Legends Never [DIE].

Legendary Hunting Guild.

Posted by: Grazingcattle.1627

Grazingcattle.1627

I would join something like this. I have no problem giving someone all my Gossamer since I don’t need it And there are other mats that someone else needs that I have.

Imho it should be a fair exchange (E.G. I have 10 Gossamer sold at 3s for one glob of ecto for 30S) This removes the 15% fee for buying and selling and well help everyone in the guild get their Legendary at least 15% faster.

If the guild leader already had his legendary and stood to gain “nothing” people would be less skeptical. When people work with one another the most positive results can be made.

I just switched over to Boris Pass server but I would sign up for such a guild

Legendary Hunting Guild.

Ayrilana.1396

Finishing stuff fast is awesome though. Keeps you motivated. It’s an idea i have and im gonna try and i think if i can find 2 or 3 more people. It will go smoothly

Except those who are near the end of the list who bear all of the risk of not getting it done with the group so those at the beginning can have their legendary earlier. Much less risk to do it together and not pool loot.

And what incentive is there for those at the end of the list to get theirs to stay with the group when they can get their legendary at about the same time solo?

Will you specifically be willing to go last?

(edited by Ayrilana.1396)

Legendary Hunting Guild.

zBluRrYz.1347

Except those who are near the end of the list who bear all of the risk of not getting it done with the group so those at the beginning can have their legendary earlier. Much less risk to do it together and not pool loot.

And what incentive is there for those at the end of the list to get theirs to stay with the group when they can get their legendary at about the same time solo?

Will you specifically be willing to go last?

The order will be selected as we go. Using a RNG. I don’t know where my spot would be. I am 3 quarters done mine but im willing to work on someone elses

Legends Never [DIE].