Legendary Kraitkin and the rare Dune Soarer

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Alaryk.6310

Alaryk.6310

I am trying my hand at crafting the Kraitkin but I am having trouble with one of the steps and that is the first part in finding the rare mob known as the Dune Soarer in Dry top. Has anyone seen this boss? if so can you say where I as I have been looking for it and have yet to see it at all. The wiki states it spawns on the west side of Prospect Valley so if anyone has seen this let me know so I can have some hope of finishing this first part.

Posted by: Gudy.3607

Gudy.3607

I’ve seen it on the ledge above and slightly to the West of the Lair of the Beast POI and on the plains around Sparring Rock (where Tootsie is running around), in other words, around the area where the normal wind riders are living. It is, in my experience, one of the rarer Rare Mobs to spawn in Dry Top.

Posted by: Sariel V.7024

Sariel V.7024

That area is home to five rare bosses that don’t seem to show up with any regularity. They have some unique rewards (monkey king tonic and mini).

Posted by: Darkness.6502

Darkness.6502

I looked and looked i never found him nor see him spawn is there a tier i need to be in to get it 2 or what?

Posted by: LupusCenturion.4123

LupusCenturion.4123

Been on the hunt for it for collectively 14 or so hours. Still nothing I’ve seen about 9 Bloodscales and one Grit. But still no Dune Soarer. I contacted ANet and they just said to keep looking.

Posted by: jeaux.7935

jeaux.7935

Dune Soarer event popped right next to Devourer Queen NW of Lair of the Beast POI. He goes down quick, FYI.

This was during a sandstorm on a tier 2 map.

Geek. Californian.

LupusCenturion.4123

Dune Soarer event popped right next to Devourer Queen NW of Lair of the Beast POI. He goes down quick, FYI.

This was during a sandstorm on a tier 2 map.

thanks for the update

LupusCenturion.4123

Hey dev team, is there a way that you could get the rare mobs to spawn more regularly, i mean a random rare spawn every event line would be nice or every other. But the possibility of nothing ever being there is just saddening. I haven’t been able to see the all of their mechanics yet, or had the joy of actually being able to kill them all. It’s hard to wait for them to spawn, i feel like im wasting time that i could spend doing other challenges and events.

Gudy.3607

Hey dev team, is there a way that you could get the rare mobs to spawn more regularly, i mean a random rare spawn every event line would be nice or every other.

I suspect that the Dune Soarer as part of the new Legendary Track is ANET’s misguided attempt at keeping Dry Top alive despite the focus for the future being in the new maps, and making it regular would directly countervene that goal. Mind, I’m all for keeping Dry Top alive – it’s one of my favourite maps – but this is kind of a frustrating way to go about it…

TL;DR: I don’t think the frequency of the rare mobs in Dry Top is likely to change.

Posted by: soakman.7539

soakman.7539

There is enough need for Coarse Sand that Drytop is far from dead atm.

The map reward system, and the collections seem to indeed be anets way to encourage people to do older maps. I, personally, think it will work so long as people see the advantages of these new reward systems and understand how they work.

Posted by: KINGRPG.3492

KINGRPG.3492

7 days in Dry Top! Dune Soarer not found!!

Sorry for my beginner English / http://www.kingrpg.net My Blog

LupusCenturion.4123

So still no updates. And Anet refers me back to sites that have no info. Kinda lost and don’t want this to consume my life. There needs to be some sort of consistency with spawns. Or better notifications if something does eventually spawn.

Alaryk.6310

I have been looking for this mob for a few days myself, reading other post about it, I will try during the dust event, thought it would only spawn after.

Posted by: Thorquist.8126

Thorquist.8126

Over 10 hours of idling around in spawn points and only Grit and Sand Savage were spotted. Whoever made this collection is a real sadist. Random spawn and occurence of these events are making this collection a real pain in the a. What’s more, it’s for a weapon that’s most likely is only going to collect the dust, seeing how much underwater content is in the game.

Alaryk.6310

lol I almost did that for about 4 sandstorms and was headed out, its going to be one of those things that just pops when you least expect it, at this point from all the money I made I can just buy the pre from the tp.

Alaryk.6310

Finished the sunrise 1st step last night and from time to time head to dry top and still no luck on this one part, working on twilight next I bet I’ll finish that before I see this rare mob.

Posted by: Urosh Uchiha.9732

Urosh Uchiha.9732

Does it appear as an event or just a mob spawn? The wiki says you have 15 minutes to kill it before it escapes so I’m guessing it does appear as an event.

Gudy.3607

It is indeed an event.

Urosh Uchiha.9732

Spent around 10 hours or so in a row standing just on that cliff near Lair of the Beast poi. One monitor has GW2 open and on other I spam the forums, youtube, work on something etc etc and the only thing that spawned was the Bloodscale (I hope that one isn’t needed for some other collection that I still haven’t unlocked). I won’t be standing in Dry Top any time soon like this until something gets fixed. This is just stupid.

Can’t even go do events in Dry Top and farm the sands cause I might miss the Dune Soarer cause apparently it dies too fast and no one reports in map chat that it spawned.

Urosh Uchiha.9732

It finally spawned. After 5 days of almost constant waiting, just chilling in the area while talking to guildies or stuff.

Attachments:

Alaryk.6310

lol, grats well now I see it is real and not a hoax, I still have yet to catch this mob.

Alaryk.6310

Dune Soarer still no sign after 4 weeks of waiting, water running out and sitting here looking at dust storm after dust storm I think I could have bought the precursor 3 times over by now… to all those looking to do this line of work I throw caution to you as the rng is pain on this one, Twilight, sunrise, and bifrost are so much easier to do than this one. I wish you luck if you plan to adventure for this trident.

Alaryk.6310

I bought it off the TP and 60g later I bet its still cheaper than if I was to continue this precursor crafting. I don’t know how many ascended mats it will take to build the two parts but if its anything like the other 2h weapons it will cost you more than it would to straight out buy off the TP. The only reason you would want to do this, is if you want those AP, other than that just save the money and buy it off the TP to save yourself the headache of standing in Dry top for something that might not spawn for days.

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

I killed Dune Soarer two times in the last 4h of Dry Top.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Posted by: talysalankil.1279

talysalankil.1279

I bought it off the TP and 60g later I bet its still cheaper than if I was to continue this precursor crafting. I don’t know how many ascended mats it will take to build the two parts but if its anything like the other 2h weapons it will cost you more than it would to straight out buy off the TP. The only reason you would want to do this, is if you want those AP, other than that just save the money and buy it off the TP to save yourself the headache of standing in Dry top for something that might not spawn for days.

Actually underwater precursors are the cheapest out of all the precursors to craft (that includes crafting the first tier and how much you need for the second tier).

Still I feel like putting a rare enemy that appears randomly and only for 15 minutes in a precursor collection was a bad design on Anet’s part.

Posted by: Calixtus.8617

Calixtus.8617

This one is ridiculous. Been in the area on and off all week. Lucky for me got some exam revision to do so plant my sylvari on the ledge where he spawns and revise away. Not seen him yet.

Perhaps he knows I am waiting and only spawns when I go for a coffee or comfort break.

Another 5 continuous hours in Dry Top so far today.

Anet I love the HoT expansion but you got this badly wrong assigning a collection item to such a rare event. Please do not do this again.

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

That’s it. I give up on this.

There’s no way such a rare event could have been picked on purpose.

My guess is like with the supply bags in the WvW guild upgrades that should ahve been the ones dropped by players, not the ones dropped by centaurs, someone picked the wrong name thinking it was something different.

They probably though ‘Dune Soarer’ was the name of the wind riders in Dry Top, when it’s actually an extremely rare enemy that may never spawn no matter how much time you spend there.

I’ve gotten Dry Top completed with countless characters, done T6 more times that I can remember, got the fossil weapon set, being there playing story with several characters, and so far I’ve only seen the Drake rare event, and only once.

There’s just no way around that. They picked the wrong enemy by mistake. The alternative would be developers purposely making things next to impossible for some malicious reason, and I’d rather not think that.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

Sariel V.7024

Ah… I’m sure they knew exactly what they were doing when they picked it. I remember even suggesting tying a precursor to those 5 critters. They’re unique amongst the GW2 Bestiary.

Now, I’m just glad I’m not pursuing Venom :/

Sariel V.7024

Ran into him on a Tier 2 map, well before the sandstorm.

(edited by Sariel V.7024)

Posted by: LegendaryBartonian.2597

LegendaryBartonian.2597

Was afk for ~3hrs, and he finally showed himself.

http://imgur.com/R08fx3i

“I’m traited for seige so healing/toughness/condition damage seems to make sense.” #MagSwag

Sariel V.7024

That’s definitely not where I’ve seen him spawn.

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Each rare has several spawn locations, so it is useless to camp one spot. Dune Soarer is also easy and fast to solo, so people might not call him out in map chat.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Posted by: Stitch.1794

Stitch.1794

This reddit post may be of interest to anyone who hasn’t yet found the dune soarer:

The Dune Soarer Problem

ANet mattp

My changes went out, I just didn’t get the notes in early enough to be part of the main patch notes. They should get posted soon.

The summary is that we moved the “rare bosses” in dry top to a cycle where one of them spawns during each dust storm, in a set cycle.