Legendary weapon recipe changes?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Crothen.2687

Crothen.2687

I noticed on the wikipedia the legendary weapon recipes where changed to require TRIPLE to effort , money , and grinding for gold items and karma to make them, is this true that they have changed to this recipe?

If so why the hell would they change it to some recipe that is so ungodly difficult to complete for a weapon that has the SAME stats as a level 80, just with “special particle effects”

Posted by: IV Endu.8920

IV Endu.8920

Legendaries have better stats. What you are referring to is the Exotics which craft the legendaries- they are no different to level 80 exotics.

Crothen.2687

Did you see the ungodly requirements? I dont care if the legendaries have +1000 EVERYTHING those recipes are BULL.

New recipe according to the wiki-

Precursor weapon specific to the legendary
500 Dungeon Tokens specific to the legendary
Two level 400 crafting professions specific to the legendary
200 Skill Points
525,000 Karma
120 gold
100% World Completion
500 Badges of Honor
250 Globs of Ectoplasm
250 Vicious Fangs
250 Vicious Claws
250 Vials of Powerful Blood
250 Elaborate Totems
250 Armored Scales
250 Ancient Bones
250 Piles of Crystalline Dust
250 Powerful Venom Sacs
In addition to the above, the player must also gamble the following materials to obtain Mystic Clovers. One success results in a single Mystic Clover and 77 clovers are needed. The chances of success are currently unknown, therefore depending on the final chances, the recipe could require anywhere from 77 to 1,000 attempts.

0.6 Skill points
2100 Karma
1 Mystic Coin
1 Glob of Ectoplasm
Furthermore, the player must also obtain additional items specific to their chosen legendary.

Crothen.2687

Holy sht as if legendary weapons wherent already hard enough, what happend to arena net saying the game wouldent be a grind

Posted by: Screamin.1924

Screamin.1924

Legendaries DO NOT have better stats. They have the same stats as lvl 80 exotics, they just have a unique skin.

Crothen.2687

Exactly so you get to grind yourkitten off farming all day for gold, oh and exploring the whole world too, just to get a weapon that LOOKS PRETTY

Crothen.2687

Always nice to know something you have been saving items and crafting materials for just quadruples in gold price and the amount of grinding you have to do

Posted by: Wayfinder.8452

Wayfinder.8452

I hope that’s some random troll and the wiki gets locked, if not…

The man who can wield the power of this sword can summon to him an army
more deadly than any that walks this earth. Put aside the Ranger.
Become who you were born to be. I give hope to men. I keep none for myself.

Crothen.2687

All hopes of obtaining a legendary weapon smashed :L

Posted by: mangarrage.1062

mangarrage.1062

Why complain about it?
If it has the same stats, why even bother

You don’t have to grind anything and you do not have to get your legendary weapon

If you want it you will have to earn it

I know alot of people truly believed that they should weild their legendary within a month and I honestly feel bad for them.

Everything to make them is accessable for everyone who wants to take the time. If it is too much for you don’t do it

Crothen.2687

If you havent realized its too much for anyone and it comes with flaws.

For one it goes against arenanets no grinding policy

It requires a reward gained from 100% map completion, which if people already have 100% map completion they wont get.

Its absolute bullsht to grind that much for a weapon that looks different

Posted by: numri.7081

numri.7081

I’m going to assume that OP did not play Guild Wars 1, If you farmed for Obsidian armor you would agree that this is just a minor speed bump

Head-vagrant of the [Hobo] Union
[Underworld – Warrior] Mary Maceless
Occasionally streaming @ www.twitch.tv/numrii

Posted by: Wayfinder.8452

Wayfinder.8452

I’m going to assume that OP did not play Guild Wars 1, If you farmed for Obsidian armor you would agree that this is just a minor speed bump

With the addition of having TP in GW2 you’ve made a valid point here. I totally agree with you, but I question if this a good design point considering that it is just 1 weapon and well for me at least the skins are rather bad.kittenthose good sweet long GW1 days when I had the time… Cheers dude !

The man who can wield the power of this sword can summon to him an army
more deadly than any that walks this earth. Put aside the Ranger.
Become who you were born to be. I give hope to men. I keep none for myself.

Posted by: Zii The Mad.2563

Zii The Mad.2563

If you havent realized its too much for anyone and it comes with flaws.

For one it goes against arenanets no grinding policy

It requires a reward gained from 100% map completion, which if people already have 100% map completion they wont get.

Its absolute bullsht to grind that much for a weapon that looks different

The entitlement is strong in this one.

Posted by: Fildydarie.1496

Fildydarie.1496

I spent a lot of time in GW1 getting my “God Walking Amongst Mere Mortals” title. It was the culmination of about 5 years of effort. It wasn’t that I wanted to show off the title, I wanted the title to show off what I had done.

I see legendaries as an extension of this—by design they are rare and out of reach of casual players, because it is a badge to show others that you are not casual, that you have invested a great deal of time and effort into a task that serves no other purpose but to convey this. If you received a material reward, it would be imbalancing.

-Fildydarie
Hutchmistress of the Fluffy Bunny Brigade [FBB]

Posted by: mangarrage.1062

mangarrage.1062

Honestly I just do not see it as being that bad. At this point it is really the money 100g for icy runestones. Thats a pretty big deal to alot of people at this point
But in the clover combo if you dont get clover you get t6 mats. If you levelled any craft you can make stuff to break down for globs.
Almost everything you do gains karma and for doing wvw you get the tokens
Dailies gain coins, dungeons gain their component etc

It really isnt horrible when you don’t look at the list
Instead of saying I’m going o work on my weapon and go about farming everything, play the game for a month and see where you are then without trying to farm anything

Posted by: Uhaen.9876

Uhaen.9876

Exactly so you get to grind yourkitten off farming all day for gold, oh and exploring the whole world too, just to get a weapon that LOOKS PRETTY

LOOKS PRETTY is pretty much a driving factor in everything I do.

This is the final, what-do-I-do-when-I-run-out-of-stuff-to-do quest. And from the looks of it, it’s gonna take significantly less time than GWAMM, or even EQ’s epic 1.0 quests (except wizards, wizards suck). There’s more to come, count on it.

Posted by: Durid.8014

Durid.8014

Like you and many others Crothen, when I saw the requirements my immediate reaction was “omg all that just for aesthetics?!” I thought to myself there is no way I am going to complete that, I’m not even going to try. Well, I spent about a week playing steadily alternating between farming level 80+ mobs and doing WvWvW mainly just to see what I accumulated along the way. I’m finding that many of the mats you need you will be getting anyways as you play, there are also several ways to obtain ectoplasms, badges of honor, and other materials needed that at first appear daunting. There are even players who have shared how to use the Mystic Forge to make the Mystic Clovers, with a 100% success rate(I haven’t tested the recipe myself). Just play doing whatever is fun for you, and you will see many of the required items start to build up in your inventory.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying it is easy to obtain or that it isn’t a grind, but keep in mind that the item is pretty much optional. I think ArenaNet took into consideration that it is a grind, and that a Legendary item should be difficult to obtain so that it remains Legendary. That would also be the logic behind Legendaries being for aesthetics, ArenaNet doesn’t want to force players to grind to get a better weapon, they felt the longest grind in the game should be optional.

Look at my eyes. One of them is a fake because I lost it in an accident. Since then, I’ve
been seeing the past in one eye and the present in the other. So, I thought I could only see
patches of reality, never the whole picture. Before I knew it, the dream was all over.

Posted by: Luthan.5236

Luthan.5236

I hope that’s some random troll and the wiki gets locked, if not…

No trolling They were doing research on some other forums and has already been discussed here in crafting forums.

And guess why it is that they are not much better than other weapons: We don’t need to grind because of this since the weapon is not needed to play the other parts of the game.

Posted by: Gopher.4562

Gopher.4562

Woahh… you mean to tell me that a legendary weapon is actually going to take some time to get? Now this is pretty epic.

I really hate to bring other games into this, but i’m going to use Vanilla WoW as a prime example as to why I personally think this is absolutely awesome.

Thunderfury. Vanilla WoW, this was the god amongst swords, the ultimate legendary weapon of the game. My guild farmed for 2 1/2 years to get the last remaining item we needed for our tank, every week we would go in farm Garr for his little binding. When we finally got it, it was a glorious day.

The fact that it was so difficult to obtain made it truly a legendary weapon. I’m sure if ANet wanted 90% of the population to have a Legendary weapon, they would have named it “rare” or “exotic”.

Read the ‘rarity’ of the item, and stop and think about what you are saying. It’s not Legendary because it’s common, it’s Legendary because it’s EXTREMELY hard to obtain.

It’s also totally optional, there are plenty of other skins out there that you may prefer.

Posted by: Blacklight.2871

Blacklight.2871

… I’m finding that many of the mats you need you will be getting anyways as you play, there are also several ways to obtain ectoplasms, badges of honor, and other materials needed that at first appear daunting…

How many ways are there to obtain badges of honor? For me, this is the only true impediment to legendaries that I have. I’ve tried WvW and it’s not for me. If have to I spend much more time in it (just want mykittenmonthly achievement, thanks), I’m going to drop the game altogether, that’s how frustrating I find it. There’s no other aspect of the game I find such a turn off.

I’ve been looking forward to getting started on the long road to creating legendaries as part of my personal end-game goal, but it’s just not going to happen if I have to bash my head against the PvP wall for the next few months. Without that goal to work towards, my long-term interest in the game is going to be much more short-term. Is there an alternative?

Posted by: Durid.8014

Durid.8014

How many ways are there to obtain badges of honor?

I’m not going to pretend to know all the ways to get them but, you can do jump puzzles in the WvWvW areas that reward them and are repeatable(I don’t know how often you can repeat). Obviously from killing players, if you don’t like the 1 dimensional “sit outside and knock on a door system,” roam the zone looking to gank avoiding high traffic areas. Guard/gank Dolyaks to find small scale fights. In my opinion it’s more fun than zerging and you have better chance of getting loot if 40 other players aren’t hitting the same target. I have also heard that some Boss type spawns in WvW will drop badges of honor, I have not looked into this for myself. Google is your friend and so is youtube, search what you’re looking for and chances are somebody else has already come up with an answer. The game is young and there may be undiscovered means or ArenaNet may implement changes in the future, just do what’s fun for you and don’t be too discouraged yet.

Look at my eyes. One of them is a fake because I lost it in an accident. Since then, I’ve
been seeing the past in one eye and the present in the other. So, I thought I could only see
patches of reality, never the whole picture. Before I knew it, the dream was all over.

Posted by: Shifted.3697

Shifted.3697

I for one welcome a Legendary weapon being actually, well, legendary. This means that every tom, richard, harry and sally won’t be walking around with one. It’ll take time and dedication and when you DO see one, you know you’re gonna be like “DAAAMMMMNNN”. God forbid the ‘gimme’ generation have to work for something of some significance.

Fear the Reaper

Posted by: GrannyPwnage.3465

GrannyPwnage.3465

Easy.

Oh nevermind, anti-farm script.