Lending Gold

Lending Gold

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Suburbian.1023

Suburbian.1023

Hi there,

small question, if i loan my friend gold to get his ‘golden’ title, will that be a problem?

Thx!

Lending Gold

Posted by: SkyFrog.9742

SkyFrog.9742

That is a good question! Tell him to send you small amounts a couple of times

Lending Gold

Suburbian.1023

yeah, but i don’t want to cover it up, i want to know whether it’s okay to do that or not :P

Lending Gold

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

it should be fine

Gunnar’s Hold

Lending Gold

Suburbian.1023

yeah i think so too, but i wanna be sure cause i don’t like to get banned

Lending Gold

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

Here is a current discussion in the accounts forum with more info:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/account/do-u-get-banned-for-sending-x-amt-of-gold

I don’t know I see some people where they said they did that and got a ban until it was resolved by support. It appears it can flag your account as suspicious but they claim there is no auto ban script. If you have more questions maybe post in the thread I linked for more feedback.

The Burninator

Lending Gold

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

Why would they ban you? Don’t be so paranoid.

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

Lending Gold

Suburbian.1023

Lol do you remember the release of the game? Where they literally banned thousands of people for buying cheap stuff off a karma merchant? :P

Lending Gold

Posted by: mercury ranique.2170

mercury ranique.2170

Lol do you remember the release of the game? Where they literally banned thousands of people for buying cheap stuff off a karma merchant? :P

Yip, that was totally unrelated and it was more then just buying cheap stuff off a merchant. It was an exploit where you could buy certain ingredients from a karma merchant, craft them into an item wich sold for money to a merchant again. On itself that wasn’t a problem. But you could make bout 50 gold per hour (getting karma, getting the ingredients, crafting and selling). if you campare that with the shortest dungeon run (wich you can only do once per character per day). This takes 9 minutes (CoF path 1) and rewards you with roughly 1-2 gold. So even if you have enough characters for it available this still only give you 12 gold per hour.

So the people who got banned where deserving it. They only got a pardon cause it was the first major exploit.

To the OP. Do not try and hide it. The exact detection system of suspicious transactions is unknown. So it might be that they will see it anyway. A GM checking you might then falsely interperting your ‘hiding’ as doing something illegal. Just sent the money and you will be ok. Worse what can happen is that you got wrongfully suspended due to a human error. These things are resolved within hours after you report it.

Arise, ye farmers of all nations
Arise, opressed of Tyria!

Lending Gold

Suburbian.1023

yeah that’s what i’m gonna do, i don’t like to hide it cause then when something happens it’s even harder to explain…

Lending Gold

Posted by: Apolyon.6937

Apolyon.6937

I did that a few months ago with a few guildies, and none of us got banned.

Lending Gold

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

If a scammer can con numerous people into sending them hundreds of gold each and not get banned even as a gold seller, you can send your friend some gold once and be fine.

Lending Gold

Posted by: Third Of Five.8923

Third Of Five.8923

Just a thought, why not simply make a personal guild, throw some influence at it, and use the guild bank to transfer your gold. This seems like a much safer way to transfer it back and forth.

|

Lending Gold

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

if you campare that with the shortest dungeon run (wich you can only do once per character per day). This takes 9 minutes (CoF path 1) and rewards you with roughly 1-2 gold. So even if you have enough characters for it available this still only give you 12 gold per hour.

CoF path 1 isn’t a once per char thing. Most groups that run it in 6 minutes will run it on the same chars over and over again. You get gold from straight gold drops, making ~4-5g per hour BEFORE counting loot.

Lending Gold

Posted by: Myst Dawnbringer.9138

Myst Dawnbringer.9138

Never lend your friends money of any type unless your willing to either loose the friend or the money! You have to be willing to let the friend not pay you back. It’s a life lesson everyone has to learn. Better to learn it here with play money than later in the real world.

Lending Gold

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

For exploiting a clearly bugged item. Furthermore they only banned the exploiters buying thousands of that sword, not the people who bought just one for themselves.

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto